X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What enemy/enemies?

Off hand ideas for multiple enemy spiecies

1. An alien comando team. 5-6 guys well trained Todd-like character traits chasing after the destiny. Armed to the teeth militaristic. Gun for hire They don't get killed off in one eppy
    2. Alien Commander/Emperor with a massive fleet of ships. He wants the Destiny to find new galaxies to conguer. I mean the ship should have Destiny Universal Map of all planets visted right?
    3. A small race of survivors. They want to destroy the Destiny because it has destroyed their homeworld. Destiny pust stargates on planets so it probably terraforms them for humans right. They are non carbon based lifeforms so when the Destiny arrived on their homeworld its sensors did not pick up the lifesigns and unknowingly wiped them out
    Stargate Revival Please!

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
    Destiny pust stargates on planets so it probably terraforms them for humans right. They are non carbon based lifeforms so when the Destiny arrived on their homeworld its sensors did not pick up the lifesigns and unknowingly wiped them out
    Destiny doesn't seed gates. And the seeder ship does just that - seeds gates. No word on terraforming.

Comment

I believe this ship was designed as a follow up ship...

probably there will be some advanced races gunning after the destiny and considering it their own galaxy's ship and not for outsiders and stuff
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
        I believe this ship was designed as a follow up ship...
        Yeah, that is exactly what it is, its following the 'seeder' ship...
        Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
          Off hand ideas for multiple enemy spiecies

1. An alien comando team. 5-6 guys well trained Todd-like character traits chasing after the destiny. Armed to the teeth militaristic. Gun for hire They don't get killed off in one eppy
          2. Alien Commander/Emperor with a massive fleet of ships. He wants the Destiny to find new galaxies to conguer. I mean the ship should have Destiny Universal Map of all planets visted right?
          3. A small race of survivors. They want to destroy the Destiny because it has destroyed their homeworld. Destiny pust stargates on planets so it probably terraforms them for humans right. They are non carbon based lifeforms so when the Destiny arrived on their homeworld its sensors did not pick up the lifesigns and unknowingly wiped them out
          It has already been stated somewhere that there wont be a main 'big bad' in the series, it will most likely be several alien races they find along the way who they somehow manage to get on the wrong side of, but when they leave a particular sector of space, thats it. I do however like your idea of a pursuing race, i can see that happening somewhere down the line...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
            It has already been stated somewhere that there wont be a main 'big bad' in the series, it will most likely be several alien races they find along the way who they somehow manage to get on the wrong side of, but when they leave a particular sector of space, thats it. I do however like your idea of a pursuing race, i can see that happening somewhere down the line...
            I had that idea some time ago, but it just screams "BSG", so unless they can pull it off perfectly, better to just leave it off.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              I had that idea some time ago, but it just screams "BSG", so unless they can pull it off perfectly, better to just leave it off.
              Haha, true, but like you say, if its pulled off perfectly - it could work!

What i would like to see is the ship turning up in the middle of a space war between two different races... maybe they tip the scales for one race and this gives the losing race motive to pursue and destroy them.

sigpic

Comment

Haha, true, but like you say, if its pulled off perfectly - it could work!

What i would like to see is the ship turning up in the middle of a space war between two different races... maybe they tip the scales for one race and this gives the losing race motive to pursue and destroy them.
                Also been mentioned before. And I wouldn't mind that.
                What I'd REALLY love would be a highly-populated galaxy, filled with technologically-advanced races, all of them at an almost equal level. And they're all in a state of cold war. Almost every race on its own. Borrowing from Scalzi's novels, everyone of them trying to colonize other planets ahead of "the other guy". But, after the seeder ship dropped off gates, colonizing changed. Whereas it was all done by ships and huge battles before, now access to planets is much quicker and none of the races really wants to make the first move. So, when the Destiny drops by and they all recognize the ships' technology and connect it to the gates, everyone's after them in order to learn the secrets of the gates and basically get them on their side. Some races would aggressively pursue them, others would try to offer incentives in return for help, while others would just want to destroy the Destiny, the gates and everything else, so they can get back to what they had before...

Comment

Well they could come across another batch of Humanoid Replicators....o wait.

Or perhaps Destiny's Water supply could become sabotaged (in Episode titled "Water").

Comment

Sounds a bit like Voyager. I'll be happy if it plays out like that as I was big fan of the series.

Comment

what if one of these enemies holds the key to their return to earth? would be ironic yes?
                      sigpic

Comment

What if one of the species ARE from Earth originally? Oooooooh. Plot twist!

Comment

These aren't just one race but different species these are the motives their goals for Destiny.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Also been mentioned before. And I wouldn't mind that.
                            What I'd REALLY love would be a highly-populated galaxy, filled with technologically-advanced races, all of them at an almost equal level. And they're all in a state of cold war. Almost every race on its own. Borrowing from Scalzi's novels, everyone of them trying to colonize other planets ahead of "the other guy". But, after the seeder ship dropped off gates, colonizing changed. Whereas it was all done by ships and huge battles before, now access to planets is much quicker and none of the races really wants to make the first move. So, when the Destiny drops by and they all recognize the ships' technology and connect it to the gates, everyone's after them in order to learn the secrets of the gates and basically get them on their side. Some races would aggressively pursue them, others would try to offer incentives in return for help, while others would just want to destroy the Destiny, the gates and everything else, so they can get back to what they had before...
                            Nice idea, that would be interesting to see, but it would require a whole season arc to be truly epic. If its one galaxy a season idea that i read somewhere on these forums then it would be nice to see something like this.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X