X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any predictions on how long

SGU will last before viewer rating plumit
    and MGM think it was a bad mistake?
    Last edited by bodrul; 27 January 2009, 05:00 PM.

SUPPORT PALESTINE

I give SGU 5 years, minimum, I'm confident they will make it 5 seasons, I'm praying longer but you never know..
    I'm gonna miss SG1..
    Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bodrul View Post
      SGAU will last before viewer rating plumit
      and MGM think it was a bad mistake?
      One season?
      But won't you look foolish if the show airs and gets respectable ratings and runs for a couple of seasons?
      Perhaps you should wait and WATCH some of the show before making such a post?

(and WTF does "SGAU" stand for? StarGate All_over_the Universe?)

Comment

three years before ratings fall.
        4 before it gets the axe

Go Green

Comment

I give it at least 3 years. Most likely more
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

i bet 1 or 2 seasons

Originally posted by StarCapnRa View Post
            One season?
            But won't you look foolish if the show airs and gets respectable ratings and runs for a couple of seasons?
            Perhaps you should wait and WATCH some of the show before making such a post?

(and WTF does "SGAU" stand for? StarGate All_over_the Universe?)
            lol fixed,

SUPPORT PALESTINE

Comment

It will go 5+ years, but I don't see a ratings plummet or MGM ever thinking it was a bad mistake.

Comment

I don't think MGM will ever see it as a mistake, and since it hasn't aired yet, I can't see why everyone automatically adopts this kind of attitude towards it. Why don't you wait and see what it's like before complaining about it?

Comment

At the very, very minimum, two seasons. More than likely three, and I'd be surprised if they didn't get a fourth. Will it still be good after four seasons? That's another story, but if the writers will uphold their promise of making SGU, um... better... than I hope so.
                  My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

it will last about as long as SGA because most of the stargate fans will watch it.and as more and more news comes out about the show,the more fans that stand behind.maybe u should watch the pilot before u decide it is a mistake.

Comment

There is in my opinion too much scope of things to explore seeing as the show will be about traveling all over the Universe for it to get boring and stagnant unless the writers aren't inventive enough.
                      Even if the current premise does end after a couple of seasons, which I don't think it will, the writers could just change the main team if they don't work well together.

I could really see the show lasting for three to five seasons and if it gets really good ratings it could do as well or even better than SG1, but it depends on how good the stories are and whether the characters work well together.

Comment

5 years and it will be axed in favor of another stargate show "Stargate presents: Wormhole eXteam"

Comment

Will SGU ever be able to match the nostalgia many fans feel towards SG-1? Probably not, for that matter it has a lot of ground to make up on SGA as well. However, it is a Stargate series, and despite all of our personal preferences we are all Stargate fans. Because of this I feel that SGU will do better than many people suspect. And to all you doubters out there: Just admit it, you will watch SGU despite your darkest fears that it will tarnish the good name of the Stargate series with its cast of twenty-somethings or whatever. And I suspect that you will enjoy it, so lets just give the show the benefit of the doubt and withhold our judgment until we have actually seen it.

Comment

I think it will be good. I also think if they will give a good time slot it will do well. One of Atlantis's problems was it crappy time slot.

Comment

could last for 20 years and be betta than sg1 and atlantis.nobody knows just wait and see ppl

Comment

Working...
                              X