Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Asgard have some form of Neural Interface Technology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Asgard have some form of Neural Interface Technology?

I was just wondering, because sometimes when Thor used to beam out of planets or ships, it seemed that he didn't touch his chair or anything on his chair or he had anything on his hand. I was just wondering if maybe they have some sort of neural interface technology on their ships for beaming out of planets or ships. What does everyone else think?

i think it's a plothole, but we might as well try and find a resonable explanation ^^ since there hasn't been any other indications to an asgard neural interface, (i think) it unlikley. maybe he was being montiored, and they had a pre set signal for when he wanted to be beamed up. like blinking his eye or something...
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

I think the Asgard had some pretty impressive medical technologies evidenced with the alternate reality Hammond being brought back to life within a few seconds of taking a double shot from a Zat in Point Of View (season 3 of SG1), there's their cloning technology, they managed to keep ahead of their genetic degradation problem for what could have been several thousand years.
      I think they could probably map the portions of their brains that deal with things like motor skills, so they could have implanted some kind of subspace control in their minds to access certain technologies.
      I think in the modern real world Humans have been experimenting with using Human Brain controlled devices for quite a few years and the Asgard were at least a technological society 30,000 or so years ago so they could have made a neural implant to control some technologies with their minds.

Either that or tjoflojt is right and they use prearranged gestures to signal when they want to use some of their tech and BTW this could be acknowledged by their sensors and computer technologies on board their ships and Asgard personnel probably wouldn't be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
        i think it's a plothole, but we might as well try and find a resonable explanation ^^ since there hasn't been any other indications to an asgard neural interface, (i think) it unlikley. maybe he was being montiored, and they had a pre set signal for when he wanted to be beamed up. like blinking his eye or something...
        They had to have some kind of neural interface. Thor mentioned having his consciousness downloaded on more than one occasion.

Comment

There are actually devices now that control your actions when gaming. It can actually read your brain waves and recognize certain signals, and associate them with a keystroke. And they don't cost much money either, they're just a simple (and ridiculous looking) headband.

So there are any number of possibilities. It's certainly logical to think that they would be able to have a neural interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
            There are actually devices now that control your actions when gaming. It can actually read your brain waves and recognize certain signals, and associate them with a keystroke. And they don't cost much money either, they're just a simple (and ridiculous looking) headband.

So there are any number of possibilities. It's certainly logical to think that they would be able to have a neural interface.
            Yeah I was thinking of something like those gaming interfaces only more sophisticated and like a tiny chip implant or network of chips inside their Brains.
            It certainly seems within their capabilities to make something like that.

Comment

I think the asgard were far beyond simple mental interface, if you mean having a CNI implant relaying their thoughts between thier minds and the systems. plus, it would mean more time fitting a clone body with this equipment, and the possibility of getting it wrong, and damaging the clone or asgards mind. If you remember from Atlantis, even removing a Goa'uld from Col. Caldwell via beaming was a risky proposition. And normal medical implanting would take a lot of time that the waiting asgard might not have.

Comment

I think they had some sort of device, look at the asgard in stargate alantis they had those things on their eyes.
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Asgard Neural Interface-Definatley
                  ^Like the sig jhkplaya888

Comment

I think that they have something like that.
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                    X