This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else worried

that having Richard Dean Anderson star in third movie will restrict the scale of the movie.
    Given that the previous movies had less the spectacular effects, with a lot especially continuum being reuse from previous episodes in the film, and well Lost city look more spectacular than the two newer films.
    It seem to me in the last two films most of the money went to the actors and very little seem to have been spent on the actual film. And RDA said to be the most expensive by far I fear this will again reduce the budgets of other areas of the film like sets, cgi.

I thought Continnum had great effects! Ah well, either way i'm happy just to see RDA on-screen again!

Comment

I thought the special effects in both AoT and Continuum were fantastic! I really had no complaints about that. Of course, I watch Stargate for a lot of reasons besides the special effects.

In Continuum, I do think that the Arctic filming probably took up a fair amount of their budget, but I don't think the rest of the movie suffered from the inclusion of the Arctic scenes, so again I have no complaints about how that turned out.

I assume that RDA is expensive, but I don't think the rest of the production will suffer because of that. The only thing I would worry about is that they will focus on RDA to the exclusion of the other actors. I really don't want the rest of the team to be reduced to supporting roles in favor of a heavy focus on RDA as the spot-light. But that's a concern that I've brought up many times in various other threads, so I'll stop now.

In answer to the question: no, I'm not worried. Stargate has always proven that they can do a lot with a very small budget. So, I'm not worried that the sets, effects, or other production elements will suffer.
      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
        In Continuum, I do think that the Arctic filming probably took up a fair amount of their budget, but I don't think the rest of the movie suffered from the inclusion of the Arctic scenes, so again I have no complaints about how that turned out.
        Especially with the USS Alexandria! Also it doesn't say that they went over their $7m budget anywhere that i've seen. So you really don't know how much they really spent on the film.

But again no, i'm not worried. I'm just happy Jack's back!

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Doesn't bother me in the slightest (not that I think it will be an issue anyway). I love RDA for his acting ability and delivery of his dialogue. His comic timing is impeccable and I would imagine most love him for this, not so much the action scenes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Given that the previous movies had less spectacular effects, with a lot especially continuum being reuse from previous episodes in the film, and well Lost city look more spectacular than the two newer films.
            What are you on about? I didn't see any re-uses of visual effects, other than the wormhole effects, the supergate connecting, and the Odyssey orbitting earth and going through hyperspace. The effects in Continuum were all brand spanking new.

Comment

I have no problem with RDA in the move and I think that his presence will add a lot more to the move than it could possible take away due to the extra cost, and we have seen many time the quality of effects and story that the stargate crew can create on a tight budget.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                that having Richard Dean Anderson star in third movie will restrict the scale of the movie.
                Given that the previous movies had less the spectacular effects, with a lot especially continuum being reuse from previous episodes in the film, and well Lost city look more spectacular than the two newer films.
                It seem to me in the last two films most of the money went to the actors and very little seem to have been spent on the actual film. And RDA said to be the most expensive by far I fear this will again reduce the budgets of other areas of the film like sets, cgi.
                Well Vala isn't going to be in the movie. so they'll have more money; hope they drop Cam and Landry as well so that they have more money for the special effects

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                  Well Vala isn't going to be in the movie. so they'll have more money; hope they drop Cam and Landry as well so that they have more money for the special effects
                  Well, although i would miss Cam & Hank, i think they should keep Vala in as she is half of the special effects for me!... (Thank god my girlfriend doesn't come on here.... Oh hi honey! How ar- *ow* ***OWW!***)

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedKirk View Post
                    Well, although i would miss Cam & Hank, i think they should keep Vala in as she is half of the special effects for me!... (Thank god my girlfriend doesn't come on here.... Oh hi honey! How ar- *ow* ***OWW!***)
                    I agree; out of the three Vala was the best/funniest; Sadly, we know Vala isn't going to be in this movie

Comment

I agree; out of the three Vala was the best/funniest; Sadly, we know Vala isn't going to be in this movie
                      **BeardedKirk would agree with the shame of it, but is currently being buried under the patio...**

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

I'm not worried about special effects. I'm worried that the movie won't be something I want to see. I can't stand silly Jack, and I don't want the rest of the cast to have small roles, since they're the ones I like better than RDA anyway. So my worry is too much Jack, and silly Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedKirk View Post
                          **BeardedKirk would agree with the shame of it, but is currently being buried under the patio...**

Hehe Too funny. Poor fella. Wives'll do that occasionally.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm going to have to disagree with Vala is the best/funniest-I found her character to be a very poor fit with the rest of the cast. I would rather just see the original 4 members of SG1 in the 3rd movie. IMO SG1 ended with
                            season 8.

Comment

No, I'm not worried at all. I miss Jack, he's a brilliant team-leader, and I think his appearance in the third movie won't lessen development of other characters, on the contrary, it will unite them togeher.
                              And about expenditure on sets - I also think AoT and Continuum were great, nothing seemed "cheap" to me. And IMHO cost of RDA and cost of sets are incomparable. To be honest,I don't mind to see them all together sitting and chatting in cafe))
                              So answer is "no".

Comment

Working...
                              X