This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel may cameo in Universe pilot

MS has said that Brad Wright has talked to him about being the pilot and i was wondering if this maybe interested some Stargate fans who say they wont watch SGU?
    Can't wait for it, bring them on.
    59.43%
    Oh for cryin out loud, not again
    22.29%
    Yes, but only SG-1 characters
    10.86%
    Yes,but only SGA characters
    2.86%
    Cameo? What's jewelry got to do with a tv show?
    4.57%

I don't think it would be too hard for TPTB to write Daniel into the pilot, but I think it would be a shame if he stuck around. Stargate: Universe has quite literally an entire universe of storyline potential to touch down on, I think it would be a shame to start on such a narrow plane as to involve the same old "Jackson figures it out where everyone else has failed!" stuff.

Comment

Article excerpt and link at the news thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62752

Comment

It will be great to see Daniel in the pilot of Universe.
        The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
        The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
        The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
        You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
        You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

I was especially on board for this new series when I heard Robert Carlyle was to star but seeing Daniel even as a cameo is the icing on the cake.

I fully expect this new series to be independant of SG1 and SGA characters but I think tieing some familiar faces into it's launch (as cameos) couldn't hurt one bit Good news!
          AncientsTimeline

Comment

I was pretty excited when I heard that Daniel may appear in the Universe pilot. It would be good to see a familiar face again.

Comment

he might not be the only one....we might also finally get to see the department of homeworld security,which means there could be more cameos in store,maybe even

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Article excerpt and link at the news thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62752
                Dude, there's 24 pages... where am I looking?

Edit: Found it!
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

This is terrific news, as is the news that he will definately be in the third movie (not that I had any doubt that would be so). That will really give some continuity to the show and start things off right.

I don't think it would be too hard for TPTB to write Daniel into the pilot, but I think it would be a shame if he stuck around. Stargate: Universe has quite literally an entire universe of storyline potential to touch down on, I think it would be a shame to start on such a narrow plane as to involve the same old "Jackson figures it out where everyone else has failed!" stuff.
                  I would love it is Daniel were on the show (because it would get rid of any fears I have that this show will be as ethically murky as Atlantis, or worse, and because MS is such a great actor), but I would also hate it.

That would mean that Daniel would be permanently separated from his team, and in distant galaxies with no way home. He wouldn't be able to appear in any of the SG-1 movies. Of course, we would see him more often.

It's a moot argument, though, as he won't be appearing except in a cameo.

Comment

It would be a good start for the show to have a familiar face involved even if it's only for the pilot.

Comment

I like this idea, it would be like handing the torch over to Dr Rush who I think is gonna have a similar job on Universe
                      "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                      "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                      Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

This is awesome news. Having Daniel in Universe would be a great way to start off the show. Hopefully all this talk of the Homeworld Security will lead to an O'Neill appearance.
                        "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          MS has said that Brad Wright has talked to him about being the pilot and i was wondering if this maybe interested some Stargate fans who say they wont watch SGU?
                          no.

it's not that i 'won't' watch, it's that i'm not interested. adding ms/dj doesn't change that. hiring some interesting actresses might make me change my mind...
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Sweet, definitely just got a little more interested in the Universe premiere.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

....ahem
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X