This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis movie - on hold?

Reports out of the Pegasus 4 convention (UK - this past weekend) are that it's on hold? Anybody got details?

Oh god no... It better not be! And they had better not be stringing us along with a promise of a movie just to keep Atlantis's fate a secret for SG:U!

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if this is true. But I will be very suprised if SGA will have more than one movie at all.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

From what I read on JM's blog is that since Universe basically starts filming in 2 weeks that's the main priorities for now. Since basically that start filming really soon compared to Atlantis which won’t film yet until a little later.

Rose writes: “It seems like SGU is taking up a lot of your time lately. Is the Atlantis movie taking a back seat until the new series starts?”

Answer: Part of it is optics and part of it is reality. Since we wouldn’t start shooting the Atlantis movie until the summer, as opposed to Universe which begins production in February, the series is more of a priority at this point. Also, because there is more work to do on SGU, you’ll be reading a lot more about it as well. As for the SGA movie - Paul and I have an outline we’re very happy with. The next step is to actually sit down and write it.
        There you have it. Nothing sinister.

Comment

Are you all really that shocked? They haven't even finished the script yet. I'm starting to wonder if the actors are still going to be available and able to make the commitment to do the movie at all by the time they're ready to move to casting calls.

Comment

I can see them putting the movie on old to make Universe. Just as long as we get the movie I'll be happy.
            "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

I hope that it's not on hold for too long. I need my Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                From what I read on JM's blog is that since Universe basically starts filming in 2 weeks that's the main priorities for now. Since basically that start filming really soon compared to Atlantis which won’t film yet until a little later.

There you have it. Nothing sinister.
                There have been reports from the con (finished yesterday) that one of the actors said it has been temporarily shelved due to the reccession.
                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I can't say it would be a huge tragedy. Not if it's going to be the same quality as AoT at least. AoT was worth watching for the plot, and the second half picked up a bit, but it stank of poor writing and misallocated budget.

They want to wow me with this next one? I want to see Atlantis in a battle. Not a little skirmish where it pops out of thin air at the last second to save the day, a real battle. A bunch of hives and some human vessels, maybe even a few Aurora class ships, drenched in enough special effects to give a senior a heart attack. I don't want them to spend all of their money on panning shots of mountain ranges so they can say the movie "feels bigger"

Comment

Indeed. Glad I'm not the only one who thought AoT was poorly written. I thought Continuum was better though. Both played out more like feature-length TV episodes.

A return to the standard of writing in SG-1 S1-S8 would be welcome. Atlantis deserves a more fitting finale than the abridged EatG.
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Remember Star Trek!

There comes a point where the principals have aged so the premise is unbelievable with the original actors. Even SG-1's RDA isn't believeable running and jumping around any more.

Shoot 'em while you can! Please?

Comment

I hope they don't put the movie on hold.
                        The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
                        The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
                        The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
                        You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
                        You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

the atlantis film is not on hold.....for it to be on hold there would have to have been an official date to start shooting,which there isnt.JM has stated that he has more work to do for SGU which films in about 2 weeks and that it takes up most of his time.its not on hold,its not cancelled,<mod snip>.we will have the movie when we have the movie.
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 January 2009, 09:40 AM. Reason: respect other Forum members please

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                            the atlantis film is not on hold.....for it to be on hold there would have to have been an official date to start shooting,which there isnt.JM has stated that he has more work to do for SGU which films in about 2 weeks and that it takes up most of his time.its not on hold,its not cancelled,<mod snip>.we will have the movie when we have the movie.
                            sounds like Duke Nukem Forever
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 January 2009, 09:40 AM.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                              Your evidence for this?

Btw, the word used at the con was 'shelved' so I've been told. They will take a look at the situation in the summer.
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 January 2009, 09:41 AM.
                              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                              X