The Mayans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mayans

With all this 2012 stuff starting to turn up got me thinking.

What did the Miyans do in the SG universe, the timescale for 2012 and a 4th movie could tie in about right...

Are you talking about the mayans?

If I'm guessing correctly and you are talking about the mayans, well... in SG-1 they were seen as the mist giants (Episode "The Crystal Skull"), as the one who appeared before the team inside the huuuge zigurat (mayan style pyramid) called himself Qetzacoatl, which is the name of a mayan god serpent or something like it.

But Hathor was entombed in mayan ruins as well, and SG-1 discovered an ancient healing device that a Goa'uld called Tel'Chak or something used to create the sarcofagus (that egyptian healing coffin of the Goa'uld) - discovered it inside the ruins of his temple in central america, by the way, thus the hint that mayan myths may (so many m's lol) come from the presence of both the mist giants and the Goa'uld.

Or maybe the mayans were mist giants and the Goa'uld were aztecs... but the series didn't state it clearly, if I remember correctly.
    One Ring to rule the Dark Side
    sigpic
    Sith Nazghul

Comment

Roland Emerich and Dean Devlin were reportedly doing something of the sort with the original movie cast. Two Sequels completely stand alone from the TV-Series. Whether they do or not is a different story.

But as an SG-1 movie the whole apocolypse thing, which as predicted by the Mayans for 2012 is the end of time, which would be pretty hard for anyone to stop.

Apparently SG-1 #3 is about Jack O'Niell so hopefully not a frakking prequel

Comment

I don't really want to see them touch this subject. Roland Emmerich is making a movie called 2012 that deals with that. If the next X-Files movie gets made it'll be about the invasion in 2012.
        "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Apparently SG-1 #3 is about Jack O'Niell so hopefully not a prequel
          A prequel was absolutely ruled out by Brad Wright in answering a question a while back.

Comment

Well thats one good thing I suppose, what else do we know its not going to be, see if we can piece something together..

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
              With all this 2012 stuff starting to turn up got me thinking.

What did the Miyans do in the SG universe, the timescale for 2012 and a 4th movie could tie in about right...

The Gregorian and the Julian calendars are wrong.We 're really at 2004 now. Do not believe anything unless you study it yourself before.
              There is no absolute knowledge about our past or future, and if there is, it's hidden, but not perfectly.
              I'll give you some references .
              In Plato's Timaeus and Kritias, an Egyptian priest tells us that there was an enormous disaster 12.000 years before the time of Plato and 3 more after this one, witch did not effect Egypt.
              We know about the Hesiodian Generations of Humans. The Golden, the Bronze etc...
              Hesiodian Generations agree with the myths of other nations about "the past Suns".
              Geology agrees that something "big" happened to earth 12.500 years before. Add to that 2.000 after Christ and divide by 4, which agrees with the description about the Human Generations and the disasters (4 generations, 4 disasters).We'll have approximately 3600 years for each era.
              Consider that the last disaster happened 1600 before Christ, that is 3.600 years before.The disaster before that, was 4.800 years B.C, that's another 3.600 years.
              The Volcanic eruption of Thera (Santorini) is responsible for the 1600 "Cataclysm" since it caused enormous tsunami's within the Mediterranean sea.
              At 4.800 the "Titanian"planet Zeus entered our solar system and ended the "kingdom" of 'Uranus"and "Kronus".
              This "invasion" is described by all ancient people in various ways. That's when the Bible thinks that the World was build.
              The invasion of Zeus in our solar system caused the birth of planet Aphrodite (Lucipher- Eosphorus) and scientists agree now that even Mars isn't older than 5000 years.
              The Sumerians used a a different system for counting. In their system the highest numper was 60x60. That's 3.600.
              We today count the days of the year using 6. So we have 24 hours,60' for an hour, 60'' for a minute, 3600'' an hour etc.
              Chaldeans used to count time with "Sars". Every Sar was 3.600 years.
              Off course we also have the circle with it's 360 degrees. Every 360/3.600 we "meet at the starting point", or as we say a "circle is closing".
              More than one "Cataclysms" are described in the myths of many nations. Jews remember Noah's Cataclysm, Greeks remember 3 cataclysms etc. Every time some people survived, usually the people that lived in high mountains,Caucasus, Olympus, Himalayas etc. Those people weren't only eye witnesses but also victims of the disaster.That's why what the cataclysmic myths say cannot be questioned.
              The problem is that through centuries people choose to "blame" it all to "God", keep the theological part of things and forget all about the scientific.
              And because we keep only the theological part of it we tent to "forget" important things , like that Noah saved "creatures" that were not animals, or Deukalion and Pyrra "created" humans using elements.
              I hope i helped a little, after all ...it's all maths.
              Considering the fact that it all started with archaeology for Stargate, it would be a shame not to mention something. I just hope they do it right.
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Byza View Post
                But as an SG-1 movie the whole apocolypse thing, which as predicted by the Mayans for 2012 is the end of time, which would be pretty hard for anyone to stop.
                I don't think the Mayans predicted the end of time, it was just a great change.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Well, from what I heard, what was supposed to be Devlin's Stargate 2 became Independence day, so maybe Stargate 3 became this "2012".

Now, about the the Mayans; Ikaros covered it pretty well. The Mayans were only touched on pretty vaguely in SG-1 so there really is plenty of potential to do more and interestingly enough, what he brought up about cataclysms is very interesting. What he didn't mention was that the cataclysm from 12,000 years is mentioned by Plato as the disaster that "sank" Atlantis.

That might make for an excellent SG-1/Atlantis/Universe crossover considering Universe will be 4 seasons old by 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                    The Gregorian and the Julian calendars are wrong.We 're really at 2004 now. Do not believe anything unless you study it yourself before.
                    There is no absolute knowledge about our past or future, and if there is, it's hidden, but not perfectly.
                    I'll give you some references .
                    In Plato's Timaeus and Kritias, an Egyptian priest tells us that there was an enormous disaster 12.000 years before the time of Plato and 3 more after this one, witch did not effect Egypt.
                    We know about the Hesiodian Generations of Humans. The Golden, the Bronze etc...
                    Hesiodian Generations agree with the myths of other nations about "the past Suns".
                    Geology agrees that something "big" happened to earth 12.500 years before. Add to that 2.000 after Christ and divide by 4, which agrees with the description about the Human Generations and the disasters (4 generations, 4 disasters).We'll have approximately 3600 years for each era.
                    Consider that the last disaster happened 1600 before Christ, that is 3.600 years before.The disaster before that, was 4.800 years B.C, that's another 3.600 years.
                    The Volcanic eruption of Thera (Santorini) is responsible for the 1600 "Cataclysm" since it caused enormous tsunami's within the Mediterranean sea.
                    At 4.800 the "Titanian"planet Zeus entered our solar system and ended the "kingdom" of 'Uranus"and "Kronus".
                    This "invasion" is described by all ancient people in various ways. That's when the Bible thinks that the World was build.
                    The invasion of Zeus in our solar system caused the birth of planet Aphrodite (Lucipher- Eosphorus) and scientists agree now that even Mars isn't older than 5000 years.
                    The Sumerians used a a different system for counting. In their system the highest numper was 60x60. That's 3.600.
                    We today count the days of the year using 6. So we have 24 hours,60' for an hour, 60'' for a minute, 3600'' an hour etc.
                    Chaldeans used to count time with "Sars". Every Sar was 3.600 years.
                    Off course we also have the circle with it's 360 degrees. Every 360/3.600 we "meet at the starting point", or as we say a "circle is closing".
                    More than one "Cataclysms" are described in the myths of many nations. Jews remember Noah's Cataclysm, Greeks remember 3 cataclysms etc. Every time some people survived, usually the people that lived in high mountains,Caucasus, Olympus, Himalayas etc. Those people weren't only eye witnesses but also victims of the disaster.That's why what the cataclysmic myths say cannot be questioned.
                    The problem is that through centuries people choose to "blame" it all to "God", keep the theological part of things and forget all about the scientific.
                    And because we keep only the theological part of it we tent to "forget" important things , like that Noah saved "creatures" that were not animals, or Deukalion and Pyrra "created" humans using elements.
                    I hope i helped a little, after all ...it's all maths.
                    Considering the fact that it all started with archaeology for Stargate, it would be a shame not to mention something. I just hope they do it right.
                    Dude...just drink the Kool-Aid Jim Jones made for ya already!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Forte View Post
                      Well, from what I heard, what was supposed to be Devlin's Stargate 2 became Independence day, so maybe Stargate 3 became this "2012".

Now, about the the Mayans; Ikaros covered it pretty well. The Mayans were only touched on pretty vaguely in SG-1 so there really is plenty of potential to do more and interestingly enough, what he brought up about cataclysms is very interesting. What he didn't mention was that the cataclysm from 12,000 years is mentioned by Plato as the disaster that "sank" Atlantis.

That might make for an excellent SG-1/Atlantis/Universe crossover considering Universe will be 4 seasons old by 2012.
                      Yes indeed, i forgot to mention it, i just took it for granded that people know that much.
                      I don't expect Stargate to give anything better from now on. They had their chance to deal with serious, "advanced archaeology", but they mixed things up, instead of providing us with some scientific truths or even just theories.

Originally posted by 1LostFurling View Post
                      Dude...just drink the Kool-Aid Jim Jones made for ya already!!
                      Is that what you're drinking???well excuse me if i brought confusion to your mind ..dude.
                      Who's Jim Jones? I am not American ....
                      Spoiler:
                      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                      (YEAR 0 - 100)
                      "O thou Sun,
                      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        I don't think the Mayans predicted the end of time, it was just a great change.
                        They predicted the end of an "era". Depends on how you translate the word "era".
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Yes indeed, i forgot to mention it, i just took it for granded that people know that much.
                          Unfortunately, from my experience, people do not. That's not a commentary on anything, just an observation.
                          I don't expect Stargate to give anything better from now on. They had their chance to deal with serious, "advanced archaeology", but they mixed things up, instead of providing us with some scientific truths or even just theories.
                          You have to stay postive. I do agree on the point about advanced archaeology, however the franchise has given us other good things, the potential reality of currently theoritical science, etc...

Is that what you're drinking???well excuse me if i brought confusion to your mind ..dude.
                          Who's Jim Jones? I am not American ....
                          Jim Jones was a cult-leader, also considered a serial killer, who convinced his followers to drink poisoned Kool-Aid instead of being stopped by the authorities. Also, please don't take offense to "dude." Most Americans use it as a familiar term, something they call a friend or someone they like. At least I do.

Comment

You have to stay postive. I do agree on the point about advanced archaeology, however the franchise has given us other good things, the potential reality of currently theoritical science, etc...
                            Yes i agree!! SG1 and SGA was by far the most scientifically correct and advanced sci fi show ever (IMHO). Maybe that's why i am complaning, because they could be more advanced in archaeology to. They could touch more sensitive themes there to. But they just mixed things up for the sake of humorous story telling.

Jim Jones was a cult-leader, also considered a serial killer, who convinced his followers to drink poisoned Kool-Aid instead of being stopped by the authorities. Also, please don't take offense to "dude." Most Americans use it as a familiar term, something they call a friend or someone they like. At least I do.
                            OMG ...on both.
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment