Fusion - Richard Manning's new baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusion - Richard Manning's new baby

Being the good Froon groupie that I am (Froon for those not familar with that nick name is Richard Manning, aka one of the evil geniuses behind Farscape) when I received the following email from him I decided to come post it here for those of you who may or may not frequent any FS related fansites or fanboards.

Dear friends, family, fans, and foes,

FUSION, a 12-minute science-fiction pilot webisode, premieres Monday, January
    26, 2009 on www.strike.tv -- an online network created by Hollywood storytellers
    to distribute original, high-quality video entertainment.

Please have a look -- then join us at www.FusionTheSeries.com to leave feedback,
    check out behind-the-scenes information and photos, interact with fans, cast,
    and crew on the community forms, and even post fanfic or fanart if you're so
    inclined.

And -- please spread the word!

Thanks --

Ricky Manning

P.S. If this is the first you've heard of FUSION, here are the gory details:

Homicide cop Rocco Banyan and forensic psychologist Jasmine Fairchild – each
    cursed with a horrific secret and an unearthly ability – battle a superhuman
    killer in FUSION, a webisode series which is a, well, fusion of genres: science
    fiction, action, mystery, romance, police procedural, horror, and more.

FUSION is created and written by Richard Manning ("Farscape"; "Star Trek: The
    Next Generation") and directed by Brian Trenchard-Smith (a genre veteran with
    more than 42 movies and TV series to his credit). It stars Chris Cleveland
    ("Heroes"; "The Prestige") and Julianna Robinson ("Wasting Away"; "McBride").

The show's official website, www.FusionTheSeries.com, actively invites fan
    involvement; visitors are invited to share comments, feedback, questions, and
    their own creative “riffs” on the FUSION universe.

I saw the sneak peek of this at the FS con back in November. It's a great little show (for now) and here's hoping it goes somewhere as it does have great potential. Enjoy!
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Hmmm, I'll have to check that out.
      You should. It is very short, but packs a lot into it. I'm hoping for more at some point.
      sigpic

Comment

I just watched it. Can't say I was all that impressed, although I really liked the lead actor guy. If I watch it again, it will be because of him.

Seemed to me it was a been there, done that storyline. The music was kind of annoying, and then really annoying at the end and the credits. The beginning (for me at least) was way too dark (lighting wise). For the 1st 4 or so minutes I couldn't see half or more of what was going on. I tried changing browsers and backgrounds and the settings for my monitor - not much difference
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I hear ya Tstorm, but keep in mind that this was shot and post production was all done during the writer's strike and after with NO BUDGET. No one was paid to do it. Like any show, it's just a baby and hopefully will get to grow into a toddler, child, teen and then adult.
          sigpic

Comment

Overall, I thought it was okay. I'll give it another shot.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

For the fact that it was all shot without any kind of budget and that no one, I mean no one was paid to do this, I'm more than giving it a shot, I'm pimping it. How else will shows like this...without network involvment (at first) get off the ground. I mean, look what happened with Sanctuary.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                For the fact that it was all shot without any kind of budget and that no one, I mean no one was paid to do this, I'm more than giving it a shot, I'm pimping it. How else will shows like this...without network involvment (at first) get off the ground. I mean, look what happened with Sanctuary.
                True enough.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                X