Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would Ethon satellite put up a good fight with super hive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would Ethon satellite put up a good fight with super hive?

The superHive was a hybid ship using Wraith organic tech with Ancient ZPM powersource , with ehance sensor, speed, and bigger dense hull.

Even the Asgard beam were not effective agaisnt it.

I wonder about the Rand Satellite (episode Ethon) that destory Prometheus.

The Rand technologies were like 1950's ,using Ori design plan, they manage to build that satellite weapon, the Ori beam with a unknow powersource, something like the Prior's power bring it to life.
    The Ori powersource could be as powerful as ZPM.

I wish Daedulas had toll the satellite to Earth for study .With Shield, the Dart would not even be able to touch it.

The size of the superhive , make it easier for the Satellite to target it.

imagine a full frontal assult of superhive against the Ethon satellite.

The super hive ship probably able to knock it down , but the Ethon satellite would have put up a good fight.

no it wont. during the time it needs to charge up, the superhive opens up with a volley and downs it shield. if not, it would be halfway depleted and the Superhive would just fire again, taking the beam on its powerfull hull.

Comment

Unlikely, even the Prometheus survived a few shots from it. Presumably the Asgard shields on the Odyssey and Daedalus are better than the ones on the Prometheus. The Superhive knocked those shields down in seconds. Asgard uberbeams can destroy Ori Shields in short order. They were virtually 100% ineffective against the armor of The Superhive.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

No I don't think that the Ethon satellite would do much against the Hive. I'd be surprised if the Prometheus survived a few shots from the Asgard beam weapons, and yet it withstood a few hits from that satellite.

No, a truly awesome thing to see would be the Asuran satellite versus the Super Hive. That would cut a hole straight through the Super Hive.

Comment

It would also be interesting to see a superhive vs an Ancient Satelite weapon or vs an ORI made satelite weapon (Like 'Ethon' but with advanced ORI tech instead of 1950's coldwar 10 inch long transistors).
          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I think a shot from that satellite in Ethon could do a fair bit of damage to the Super Hive's hull, it's shields may be able to protect it from the Super Hive's weapons.
            I think localized shield damaging weapons such as the Drones or Beam weapons are needed to deplete Ori shields and that is something that I think the Hive, even a ZPM powered Hive doesn't have.
            The Ori's shields could be a variation of the ones Naruce made for the Ori to create the Beachhead (in I believe the episode of the same name), so they may just use the power of the Wraith's weapons to power the shields of the satellite.
            As the Satellite is smaller than a 304, could have something as powerful as a ZPM powering it's shields, the weapon and wouldn't be touching on the planet's atmosphere, thus draining it's shields extra quick then I think it could put up a fight.
            The Hive may have weapons powerful enough to put a dent in the satellite's shields, but as I've said above if the satellite has Naruce's shields it's not gonna matter how powerful the Hive's weapons are as the more powerful they are, the more powerful the satellite's shields would become.

So to answer the question:
            It depends what shields the Satellite is packing, I do think it could put up a fight and IMO it's weapons could hurt the Hive, but the Hive could probably recover before the satellite was ready to fire again.
            If Rand had made like a dozen of the satellites then IMO they could destroy the Hive.
            If one of those satellites had decent buffers capable of firing a shot every few seconds I think it could put some serious hurt on the Hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              They were virtually 100% ineffective against the armor of The Superhive.
              I disagree with that. The Daedalus didn't exactly open up with guns blazing. I definitely think there was some damage to the hull, though the hull healed very quickly. I would say the battle plan was 100% ineffective, but the beams did their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                No I don't think that the Ethon satellite would do much against the Hive. I'd be surprised if the Prometheus survived a few shots from the Asgard beam weapons, and yet it withstood a few hits from that satellite.

No, a truly awesome thing to see would be the Asuran satellite versus the Super Hive. That would cut a hole straight through the Super Hive.
                How can you say that? It was easily negated with a rock. If the 302s had enough power to keep it in place it would have been a good counter. Superhive hull is tougher than that rock.

Comment

i dont think it would stant a chance.

i heard somewhere that ancient satalight was designed for hulls (i dont it said this on the show but it does make sense) so that might win if it got the first shot

Comment

Like I've said above Naruce's shields could have been incorporated into Rand's satellite, they essentially used their enemy's weapons to help power the field, Ethon actually aired after Beachhead so there is a high possibility that the shields of that satellite could only be penetrated by a focused or localized shield damaging weapon such as the Drones or Asgard Plasma Beams.
                    Even if the Super Hive's weapons are one of the most powerful weapons in the Stargate universe, they may just end up making the satellite's shields even stronger.
                    I do doubt that the weapon on the satellite will be able to cause enough damage to destroy the Hive with only a single shot every minute or so and the Hive will most likely repair before the next shot is fired.

As for the Asuran satellite it was cutting through that rock and I think it would eventually make it's way through the Super Hive's hull.
                    That weapon had some immensely powerful shields (very unlike Asuran Auroras ), which could probably withstand the Hive's weapons IMO.

If the Ancient's satellite weapon had shields to protect it, it may be able to cut through the Super Hive in much the same way it did to the regular Hive in The Siege Part 1, but it would probably take a bit longer than a few seconds.

Comment

the ancient overkill weapons most likely indicate lantean era wraith ships were much stronger. the particle beam sattelite could slice through the hull of the superhive no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        the ancient overkill weapons most likely indicate lantean era wraith ships were much stronger. the particle beam sattelite could slice through the hull of the superhive no contest.
                        Yep. The Lantean satellite looked as though it had enough power to cut through 3 Hives at once if they stood in a line it could definately cut the Superhive into bits.

All the Ancients had to do was put hyperdrives + ZPMs in those satellites and they could turn the Wraith armada inside out.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

its too slow to recharge and way smaller than the prometheus the super hive would just push it away like it did with atlantis or even complety envelope the satilite and where down its shields
                          sigpic

Comment

the superhive could just ram into the Ethon sattelite( Ethon for short) and just blast it to bits. besides, it only activates when you come too close. had the Prometheus immediatly fired, the shield wouldnt be raised and it wouldve been destroyed.

the sheer firepower of the superhive would knock it against the planet like a tennisser does with a tennis ball.

Comment

I guess what I said before went unnoticed:
                              Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                              Like I've said above Naruce's shields could have been incorporated into Rand's satellite, they essentially used their enemy's weapons to help power the field, Ethon actually aired after Beachhead so there is a high possibility that the shields of that satellite could only be penetrated by a focused or localized shield damaging weapon such as the Drones or Asgard Plasma Beams.
                              Even if the Super Hive's weapons are one of the most powerful weapons in the Stargate universe, they may just end up making the satellite's shields even stronger.

I do doubt that the weapon on the satellite will be able to cause enough damage to destroy the Hive with only a single shot every minute or so and the Hive will most likely repair before the next shot is fired.

As for the Asuran satellite it was cutting through that rock and I think it would eventually make it's way through the Super Hive's hull.
                              That weapon had some immensely powerful shields (very unlike Asuran Auroras ), which could probably withstand the Hive's weapons IMO.

If the Ancient's satellite weapon had shields to protect it, it may be able to cut through the Super Hive in much the same way it did to the regular Hive in The Siege Part 1, but it would probably take a bit longer than a few seconds.
                              In a straight fight the satellite and Hive ship may not be able to destroy each other.
                              The best bet for the Hive would be for it to fire down at the control room.
                              If Rand had like a dozen of those things, or if the Ori knew the Wraith were coming with that ship then they could have just upgraded the satellite's capacitors so that it could fire in quick succession and that would IMO undoubtedly destroy that Hive.

Comment

Working...
                              X