X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Raimi News and Tidbits

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../29/11.30.film

It's nothing we haven't heard before, but it's still pretty interesting. Why is the release date for the movie so far ahead though?

More importantly, what brand of crack was the Sony exec smoking when she said, "I think number three will be the last Spider-Man movie. Fans want it to end after three."
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

The release date, since the end of Spiderman2 has been May 2007.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Why are they taking an extra year, though? Spider-Man 2 only took two years to make, so why is the third movie taking three years?

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
          Why are they taking an extra year, though? Spider-Man 2 only took two years to make, so why is the third movie taking three years?
          Adding in extra awesome always takes an extra year. You should known that by now D.C.!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

With Sam Raimi that's probably the case.

Comment

I'd rather it take longer and be awesome, than be rushed and suck I saw the first Spiderman and thought it was great. I really didn't want to watch it, because it didn't seem like my type of movie, but we watched it in school and it was really cool! I haven't saw the second one yet, but I'll have plenty of time to see it before the third one comes out!

Comment

extra year for all the extra cgi they're going to have to use....

they're getting into the realm of villains that will be more cgi than person....venom/carnage, the lizard....peeps like that....

it's already a heavily cgi laden film....more on the way.....

never having been a big spidey fan.......if it does end at 3.....i won't be too bothered....

mcguire might only signed for 3 movies so the extra year could also be due to the 'stick it to the actor' factor and they're going to make 2 movies in one shot like was done with Matrx and is rumoured to be planned for X-Men 3....
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

A trilogy is good, but if Raimi wants to do Spidey 4, 5, 6, etc they shouldn't stop him.

Comment

Well they will likely have the Hob Goblin from the hints of the second movie?

Well there is one villain I know some would like too see , Venom who fuses with spiderman and he cant remove it no matter what he does changes his personaility turns him into a selfish power hungry mongrel ,He got new powers like shape shifting and a total enhance of his old ones he looks different as well.

Peter eventually fights to remove the symbiote Venom when he starts to hurt the people he loves ,They could make it were he battles Harry Osbourne (Hob Goblin) and is about to kill him when Peter revolts agiast venom and runs towards a church bell tower to inflict pain on the symbiote since it is senitive to sound and eventually is abled to defuse with it.
                    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34071

Sam Raimi (Spider-Man 3) will direct The Wee Free Men, an adaptation of Terry Pratchett's best-selling young-adult fantasy novel, Variety reported. More ...
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a cross between Narnia and the Wizard of Oz.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Quote from Wikipedia:
                            The "Wee Frees" is the colloquial name for an offshoot of the Church of Scotland, the Free Church of Scotland.

The Wee Frees are famously a no-nonsense fun-free bunch, wonder what they'll think of this?
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Thank you god

I love that book - and Granny Weatherwax makes an appearance!

This is a Discworld Tale - is nothing like any fairytale story you've ever read

This isn't like Narnia, this isn't like Oz... its Pratchett

small spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              Miss Perspicacia Tick, a witch of some renown, is worried about a ripple in the walls of the universe--probably another world making contact. Which is not good. This errant activity is centred on some chalk country--where traditionally good witches simply do not grow well. Fortunately, Miss Tiffany Aching of Home Farm on The Chalk, nine years old, misunderstood and yearning for excitement, wants to be a witch and has just proved herself to be of great potential by whacking a big Green Monster from the river with a huge frying pan while using her annoying younger brother as bait. Miss Tick is impressed. So, after travelling to the chalky downs at once and dispensing some stop gap advice to Tiffany about holding the fort until she gets back with more help, Miss Tick is off.

Any hesitation Tiffany may have had about the seriousness of the situation expires when the Queen of the fairies kidnaps her younger brother. With the help of a talking frog, loaned by Miss Tick, and an army of thieving, warmongering, nippy, boozy wee free men called the Nac Mac Feegle (who used to work for the Queen but rebelled), Tiffany sets off rescue her kin.

There's humour at every turn, and the situations that follow are both wonderfully dramatic and preposterously unreal. Pratchett really is the master of his genre and it's difficult to imagine a more entertaining read
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X