Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory on the 13th Tribe and the departure from Kobol (Spoilers for Season 4.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory on the 13th Tribe and the departure from Kobol (Spoilers for Season 4.5)

How do you feel about this theory?

Everything did start out on Kobol - all 13 tribes. However, a rift developed between the 12 Colonies and the 13th. The rift developed into a conflict that forced Kobol to be abandoned. The 12 left for their own destination and the 13th their own. Following the creation of the 'Earth Cylons', some in the 13th recognized the potential for the holocaust and sent the five back to the colonies in an attempt to save them from the same fate.

The rift could have been for any number of reasons, but I'm liking the idea that regardless of what it was that it eventually led the 13th toward the road of seeking a means to cheat death sometime after they arrived on Earth.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

The 13th tribe left Kobol 2,000 years before the other 12 tribes left...in other words 4,000 years ago.

Earth was destroyed 2,000 years ago. The holocaust on Kobol that led to the exodus of the 12 tribes also occurred 2,000 years ago. Those two events are linked.

Recent Interview of RDM:

Question: The part of the timeline I’m having trouble with is this: We know that the Colonies had a cataclysm 2,000 years ago, then we find out Earth had a cataclysm 2,000 years ago. Am I getting something wrong in how I’m looking at the history?

RDM: No, you are getting it correctly. I can say that later, as we get through subsequent episodes, there will be more explanations, and actually all this timeline stuff does lock into place. You have to read the subsequent chapters, but it will actually make sense.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....alla-dee-.html

Comment

Whatever it was that happened on Kobol is quite obviously not the nuclear holocaust that happened on Earth around the same time. The environment on Kobol was still pristine and the ruins just seem to have been from natural decay and un-use.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X