Stargate Movie Suggestion - 3-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Movie Suggestion - 3-D

Like everyone here, I love Stargate. I miss the show and new episodes. I eagerly await new movies. I have a suggestion to make and I hope others will find it appealing and start some talk until Producers hear it.
    3-D
    It might sound lame, but the technology has come a long way - and this would also give Stargate the chance to be seen in a Theater instead of direct to video releases.
    To help "Sell" this a little, here are my top 5 reasons that Stargate above all others would work best in 3-D without it effecting the quality of the story.
    Top Five Reasons:

1)The Stargate! - the KaWhoosh alone would be spectacular to see, as well as the tunnel effect for travel. Finally, we can gasp in awe like the characters that saw it for the first time.
    2)Holograms – Vital to the plot and now really cool to look at. I'm talking about any kind of Holographic effect from Asgard communication to HUD (Heads Up Displays).
    3)Space Battle – Ship to Ship battle as well as Dog fights would be incredible in 3-D
    4)Alien Landscapes – There is so much potential in a film format to explore strange new regions and doing it in 3-D could make it more exciting and/or even stranger (what if something effects depth of field and things that are close seem far away or vice versa).
    5)SGC – Not only the entrance to Cheyenne Mountain, but all the corridors inside. For the first time we as the audience can actually feel like we are there.

This should be enough to sell the novelty of 3-D. Stargate has a fan base interested in seeing what you have to offer. There are incredible plots and story lines that could be explored and never be effected by the Theater novelty of seeing it in 3-D, but might bring in new and/or curious viewers. The movie should and would stand on it's own in 2-D for Video release.

Anyone else think this would be a great idea?

i actually really like the idea

Comment

ditto, CGI shots dont even need much tampering to make them 3D, we'll see how
      Camerons Avatar 3D does later this year...
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Despite how cool that could be, I believe that to be really unlikely. Filming in 3D is expensive and impractical.

3D cameras are huge and impractical to film with, not to mention extremley expensive, which would mean that they would need a far larger budget than MGM are willing to give them at this point.

Comment

Sure it would cost a lot of money,

but a lot of people would watch the movie (even if they weren't stargate fans) because it'd be in 3D, and then they'd think "Oo stargate is really good - i'm gonna watch the whole thing" and end up buying both dvd season box sets (SGA's doesn't exist yet, of course)

Comment

AWESOME!!! I agree that while it is expensive, if the plot was unconnected to the series in all ways except for the team maybe, then one could easily assume that if it went into theaters world wide, it would kick ass. Especially if they had a good plot.
            Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
            sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
              AWESOME!!! I agree that while it is expensive, if the plot was unconnected to the series in all ways except for the team maybe, then one could easily assume that if it went into theaters world wide, it would kick ass. Especially if they had a good plot.
              Love the 3d idea.

Basically we'd need another Stargate feature film-sized story, using the Stargate mythology, but able to stand on its own and not requiring people to have seen SG1/Atlantis.

Perhaps this could be used to roll out the new "big bad guy" that SG1 will have to deal with...

Comment

Sounds brilliant. I wonder exactly how much more it does cost to film in 3D??
                sigpic

Comment

i'm not a big fan of 3D movies.
                  The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
                  The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
                  The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
                  You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
                  You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

That'd be awesome! But it's true that it'll cost a lot of money and such.

They could just invite us on set! It'd be soooo much easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X