This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't tamara ranked higher than matthew

I had this thought lastnight, while I was trying to fall asleep.

If something happened to Col. Young. Wouldn't Tamara Jon who is a Captain, be higher ranked than Matthew Scott who is just a Lieutenant, be the one in charge??

Not sure if Ronald Greer's rank of Sr. Sergent is higher or not. But since the Stargate program in a Air Force based program, and Ron is a Marine. May not be.
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Sergeant is a rank for non-commissioned officers. Captain and Lieutenant (1st and 2nd) are commissioned officers and yeah, Captain is higher. Interesting question.
    sigpic
    FOX Network

Comment

WTF is a SR Sgt??

There are also two reasons why she would not take command if something were to happen to Col Young.

1. As a medic, she wouldn't be an officer. I have no clue WTF TPTB got that

2. Medical personnel are not allowed to take command over non-medical personnel.The next higher ranking non-medical officer, or NCO depending, would take command. But then, how much command he would have over her department, ie medical, is also iffy, at best. Other jobs also have that rule, can only command within their own field.

Comment

I was thinking about that Sr Sgt thing. Could it just be a typo, and they mean Staff Sergeant (SSgt)?

Comment

The USAF does have SrA, (Senior Airman), and Senior Master SGT, maybe it is one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
            The USAF does have SrA, (Senior Airman), and Senior Master SGT, maybe it is one of those.
            The thing is that Greer is a Marine. (United States Marine Corps.)

Besides that, I think Tamara may be a higher rank and Matt will still be in leadership roles because Tamara will be considered or thrust into the role of 'ship doctor' or 'Chief Medical Officer' even though she isn't an actual doctor and only a medic.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I think that due to the serialized nature of the show, Scott and some others may be left behind on a planet and he leads them through the gate as they try to find the Destiny or some other such goal like that.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                I think that due to the serialized nature of the show, Scott and some others may be left behind on a planet and he leads them through the gate as they try to find the Destiny or some other such goal like that.
                I like that thought...Geez, I am agreeing with you a lot tonight. Two great minds think alike. That would be a great direction to take (Catch-up!). The show follows two directions at once.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                  The thing is that Greer is a Marine. (United States Marine Corps.)

Besides that, I think Tamara may be a higher rank and Matt will still be in leadership roles because Tamara will be considered or thrust into the role of 'ship doctor' or 'Chief Medical Officer' even though she isn't an actual doctor and only a medic.

Then to my knowledge, which is limited with the Marines, is that there is no such rank.

Comment

Then to my knowledge, which is limited with the Marines, is that there is no such rank.
                    Yup. I was just pointing out that he is part of the Marines instead of the Air Force.

Comment

There's a senior master sergeant, but that's for the Air Force.

Here's a table of rankings that I've found. I'm only familiar with the Navy side of things and that looks to be correct.

http://www.easternct.edu/personal/fa...cock/ranks.htm
                      sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

He'll be a Gunny....

Comment

WTF is a SR Sgt??

There are also two reasons why she would not take command if something were to happen to Col Young.

1. As a medic, she wouldn't be an officer. I have no clue WTF TPTB got that

2. Medical personnel are not allowed to take command over non-medical personnel.The next higher ranking non-medical officer, or NCO depending, would take command. But then, how much command he would have over her department, ie medical, is also iffy, at best. Other jobs also have that rule, can only command within their own field.
                          It is possible that the description of the character is very different than the actual character. Those are just examples for the actors.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X