Odyssey's Secret Mission? Dun Dun DUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey's Secret Mission? Dun Dun DUN!

At one point they say that the Odyssey is on a super secret mission, do you guys think this might have anything to do with SGU?
    If not what do you guys think it was doing that was such big a secret?

they just wrote it like that because the Odyssey has a ZPM and it would have been able to take out the hive, they needed it out of there for a better story.

Comment

...also because they needed a plausible reason SG-1 was unavailable, since their actors were.

Comment

Originally posted by bentdog View Post
        At one point they say that the Odyssey is on a super secret mission, do you guys think this might have anything to do with SGU?
        If not what do you guys think it was doing that was such big a secret?
        Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
        ...also because they needed a plausible reason SG-1 was unavailable, since their actors were.
        ...plus there is a third SG-1 movie being written and I bet you The Odyssey is part of it....maybe the third SG-1 movie is happening during the Series Finale of Atlantis...?

Comment

Well, they did need the Odyssey to be unavailable for the plot to work, but I bet the mission is either setting up SGU or the third movie. I'm betting SGU. I think the third movie will have something to do with Carter's new ship, the General Hammond.

...plus there is a third SG-1 movie being written and I bet you The Odyssey is part of it....maybe the third SG-1 movie is happening during the Series Finale of Atlantis...?
          Stargate time have always been in real time, to this point, so I kind of doubt it. Could be wrong though.

Comment

well amc conway,continuum took place after this seasons premiere so it could be out looking for the sgu team or dealing with the sg1 movie or they could be looking for the furlings!!!!!! but who knows maybe well find out

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              Stargate time have always been in real time, to this point, so I kind of doubt it. Could be wrong though.
              What do you mean, in real time? They have made these types of tie in's before, with Sam leaving for the thing with Ba'al and at the same time being taken away from Atlantis...

If your talking about Sam, for all we know Sam won't be in the next movie, or if she is wont be with SG-1 when they go on the top secret mission. Who knows?

But not sure what you mean by real time... All is cool, just defending my position :-)

Comment

What do you mean, in real time? They have made these types of tie in's before, with Sam leaving for the thing with Ba'al and at the same time being taken away from Atlantis...

If your talking about Sam, for all we know Sam won't be in the next movie, or if she is wont be with SG-1 when they go on the top secret mission. Who knows?

But not sure what you mean by real time...
                Current time would probably be a better way to put it... The release of Continuum was considerably delayed ( I think it had to do with MGM and marketing, but I'm not sure)-it kind of messed up the time line.

All is cool, just defending my position :-)
                But of course! : )

Comment

regarding timelines, the SG-1 S9 and SGA S2 timelines were out of wack for the first few episodes for each season, it wouldn't be the first time they did something like that.

Perfecto!

Comment

It just occurred to me, that it doesn't really matter, because we don't know how long the mission might be. And of course, I am arguing for time continuity in Scifi, where time can be a rather fluid thing. Let's just say that it will be the movie, or SGU, or.... both!

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                      I was thinking along those lines. I hope it comes up in the third movie.

Well, they did need the Odyssey to be unavailable for the plot to work, but I bet the mission is either setting up SGU or the third movie. I'm betting SGU. I think the third movie will have something to do with Carter's new ship, the General Hammond.
                      I hope not. To both actually. I'd rather have the Odyssey connected with the SG-1 movie than with Universe (although, I agree that Universe seems slightly more likely). I don't want the third SG-1 movie to focus on Carter's new ship. That just doesn't interest me or seem to have much to do with the SG-1 team, since it's Carter's command. It would make for a great Carter-centric movie, but not really a "team" movie. The Odyssey, however, has direct ties to the SG-1 team, considering it has the Asgard core. And, as someone pointed out, if SG-1 was off with the Odyssey's secret mission that would explain their conspicuous absence here.
                      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                        I was thinking along those lines. I hope it comes up in the third movie.

I hope not. To both actually. I'd rather have the Odyssey connected with the SG-1 movie than with Universe (although, I agree that Universe seems slightly more likely). I don't want the third SG-1 movie to focus on Carter's new ship. That just doesn't interest me or seem to have much to do with the SG-1 team, since it's Carter's command. It would make for a great Carter-centric movie, but not really a "team" movie. The Odyssey, however, has direct ties to the SG-1 team, considering it has the Asgard core. And, as someone pointed out, if SG-1 was off with the Odyssey's secret mission that would explain their conspicuous absence here.
                        By SG-1 you meann........Daniel? O'Neill is hoydy toydy general and carter was on command of the SGC...Teal'c is probley back with Jaffa...again...
                        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

By SG-1 you meann........Daniel? O'Neill is hoydy toydy general and carter was on command of the SGC...Teal'c is probley back with Jaffa...again...
                          They're writers. Finding ways to make this stuff happen is what they do. Who is there is who they say is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                            um... no. I mean Mitchell, Daniel, Teal'c, and Vala. Yes, Teal'c could be off with the Jaffa. But in the past, he has usually returned to Earth to help with defense if there was a major threat.
                            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

They're writers. Finding ways to make this stuff happen is what they do. Who is there is who they say is there.
                              I'm just saying SG-1 as we knew it doesn't exist anymore
                              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Working...
                              X