PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Unas?

kymeric
January 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
The guaould started out in the Unas. The story goes that Ras race was dying and he found humans and gave his race new life. But from what weve seen the Unas were superior hosts to humans. Heck the one in Thors hammer survived for thousands of years with almost no food and no sarcophicus AND took a bazillion bullett wounds and kept coming.

Its my opinion that history is written by the victors, so what if that wasnt true. What if Ra's discovery of the humans and the formation of the System Lords is a egotictical revisionist history? What if he used humans to overthrow the first Guaould Empire and take over himself. The original Guaould could be out there hibernating just waiting to wake up.

And the galaxy is basically ripe for the picking, and im sure theyd be none to fond of humans.

Thotz about UnasGouald as a nemesis for the SG1 movies to come?

Tiger
January 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I like the Unas, so bringing them into the movie is great for me.

Considering your idea here, you sound like you would be a good writer, that's quite the twist there.

amconway
January 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM
The story goes that Ras race was dying and he found humans and gave his race new life.

I don't remember this. I'm not doubting you, I just only remember hearing that they switched because they found humans more aesthetically pleasing...

captain simms
January 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
the writers change the plot over and over lol the unas were not as mentally superior or good looking as humans are lol talk about having an ego

Colonel Mitchell
January 19th, 2009, 04:44 PM
The Unas were awesome. I wonder whatever became of Chaaka?

kymeric
January 19th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I like the Unas, so bringing them into the movie is great for me.

Considering your idea here, you sound like you would be a good writer, that's quite the twist there.

Thanks! I have some good ideas but ive been busy with grad school, but im done in a few months so maybe i can start writing again maybe makes some moniez ;-)

kennythewraith
January 19th, 2009, 05:07 PM
that actually sound very interesting..maybe even bring back james earl jones to voice the unas...you kno... if hes still alive or even healthy enough to do it

lordofseas
January 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well, Goa'uld-Wraith Hybrids would be better, but.....I'd go for that.

Colonel Mitchell
January 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Well, Goa'uld-Wraith Hybrids would be better, but.....I'd go for that.Goa'uld Wraith hybrids has been something I wished they would've done.

lordofseas
January 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Well, we know Caldwell was one. He could have always planted a couple.

DigiFluid
January 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
God I hope not. If I'm watching TV and an Unas episode comes on, I change the channel. And that coming from someone who, otherwise, always watches when I come across SG-1 on TV.

amconway
January 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM
'The First Ones' is in my top 5. Absolutely one of my favorite SG-1 episodes ever. The actor playing Chaka did an amazing job and the scenes of Chaka and Daniel learning to communicate were wonderful.

I liked Beast of Burden a lot as well. Not only was it good to revisit Chaka, but it brought up some pretty important points about SG-1 taking responibility for things caused by their actions.

Enemy Mine had some great moments (I love it when Daniel finds out that they moved the artifacts) but really suffered from the fact that the original actor who played Chaka was busy at the Stratford Festival and couldn't do the role. It was very disconcerting to see such a different interpretation of the part.

Galactic Hitchhiker
January 19th, 2009, 07:02 PM
considering that Unas were more of a threat than swarms of Jaffa while team was on planet, I'd love to see them back. They're hard to kill, they don't walk past you blindly, and if you piss them off, they come at you from every direction.

Sue_Jackson
January 20th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I love the Unas! :D I thought the Unas stories were wonderful. I loved it when Daniel was learning their language and culture. I would love it if they were brought back. Love Chaaka! :D

the fifth man
January 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Personally, I really wouldn't mind seeing the Unas again. Sadly though, I don't think that is very likely.

JedI Master of the Gate
January 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Love the Unas, but don't really see them coming back as the enermy. Maby a quick scene where Daniels trying to help them with something.

I don't remember this. I'm not doubting you, I just only remember hearing that they switched because they found humans more aesthetically pleasing...

Was't it because the human body was easyer for them to repair and fix?

Replicator Todd
January 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I'd love to see even just one Unas again.

Aewon
January 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I highly doubt the Goa'ulded Unas could have reached intersteller level of technology. Most likely Ra's host was of another race entirely. Remember, Teal'c said that there are other species that have been used as hosts, with a plural s. The Unas were merely the first.

lord groovy
February 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
I highly doubt the Goa'ulded Unas could have reached intersteller level of technology. Most likely Ra's host was of another race entirely. Remember, Teal'c said that there are other species that have been used as hosts, with a plural s. The Unas were merely the first.

I really don't know what a 3rd movie would be about.

Unas? I just don't see an intelligent Unas in the show. I'd like to see new stories about the Goa'uld but I just think we should forget about them.

Maybe a more civilized Goa'uld society. Somewhat between the Tok'ra and the Tollan but really evil who just waited the fall of the System Lords. If you want you can add Unas slaves that SG1 help staging a revolt.

Like the 1st movie... Damn! let me think on something else! something neeeew!

CaramelMonkey
February 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see them again! but only if Daniel was there. If not, it's very likely someone will get hurt. Not everyone has Daniel's charm. ;)

amconway
February 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'd like to see them again! but only if Daniel was there. If not, it's very likely someone will get hurt. Not everyone has Daniel's charm.
Or speaks Unas!

Ziel
February 6th, 2009, 01:47 AM
The story goes that Ras race was dying and he found humans and gave his race new life.

Yeah according to the Original ''Stargate'' movie that's the story

It is shown in the Original ''Stargate'' movie when it shows Ra in the ''Asgard-like'' body

Love the Unas, but don't really see them coming back as the enermy. Maby a quick scene where Daniels trying to help them with something.
That certainly seems the most likely senario to involve the Unas.

Was't it because the human body was easyer for them to repair and fix?
I think that's one of the main reasons that Ra chose a human body as host.

CaramelMonkey
February 6th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Or speaks Unas!

Yeah. I think that's really important, being able to communicate. No one in the whole world can pick up languages better than Daniel Jackson! :P