Plot hole - the remaining Athosians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot hole - the remaining Athosians

I just watched EATG and for the most part it was a good finale, in my view - but why oh why could there not have been a line or two in the interview between Teyla, Ronon and Mr W to say what happened to the poor hapless Athosian folk? Are we to think they were in the city - in which case Teyla has brought them all to Earth as refugees - or were they and Kanaan on the mainland - thus left stranded on a planet with no gate? And what about Torren? After all the emphasis at the end of S4 and the beginning of S5 on Teyla's desperate search for her people and her fierce fight to defend her baby in Prodigal, what happened to him?

Like many fans I think EATG should have been a two parter, to make sure the ends were properly tied up. I liked the ideas in the episode, but given earlier series arcs like the Athosians being rescued from Michael and given medical treatment, this should have been covered.

I wouldn't call it a plot hole, but yes, they're pretty much forgotten nowadays. Chances are some Athosians (the previously hybridified ones) remain stranded on the mainland of New Lantea, while Kanaan took Torren to safety to whatever planet the main group of Athosians reside (probably New New Athos or something).

Who cares about non-Earthers anyway? </end sarcasm>
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't see why the Athosians would be involved with the events of EATG. I would imagine they all stayed on New Athos. There are really two theories on Torren. I follow the belief that Torren came to MW with Teyla but I have nothing to back it up except what I know about Teyla's character
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

How is this even remotely a plot hole? At the most it's an unanswered question.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I wouldn't see why the Athosians would be involved with the events of EATG. I would imagine they all stayed on New Athos. There are really two theories on Torren. I follow the belief that Torren came to MW with Teyla but I have nothing to back it up except what I know about Teyla's character
          Agreed.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The Athosians are not hapless. They have been surviving long before Atlantis came into their lives and will continue to thrive. I believe Kanaan is on Atlantis looking after Torren. Anyway any loose ends can be tied up when the SGA movie comes out. Gives the writers something to think about.

Comment

it could have been handled with a throwaway line

Comment

More than likely will be answered in the movie. I hope so anyways.
                sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

or perhaps the writers will forget the things they left behind and in the movie Kanan turns into Godzilla and threatens to kill the entire San Francisco with his fart.

Comment

they may say something in the movie about it.

Comment

Jonas Quinn rescued them
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

But wouldn't that mean Teyla actually getting to speak
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          But wouldn't that mean Teyla actually getting to speak
                          What is this hersey you speak of?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            What is this hersey you speak of?
                            Don't you mean heresy

So Teyla can actually speak? Well I never........
                            sigpic

Comment

That was another storyline that was left unresolved, but that is because Enemy of the Gate was never meant to be the last ep of Atlantis, I know JM was expecting to have a season 6, in fact he posted a rough outline of it on his blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X