• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Scenes Dialogue

For Ark Of Truth, there were scenes that were filmed and then cut like
    Spoiler:
    sg1 breaking into area 51 and destroying the ark and
    there were scens that were written but could not be filmed due to the availability of Morena Baccarin And Julian Sands

Morena Baccarin was only available for one day during the filming of Stargate: The Ark of Truth, worth six pages of script. Cooper had written more scenes between her, Julian Sands ("Doci") and the SG-1 team, but the only other option to what ended up in the film was to cut the character
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ori_(St...dria_the_Orici

Although Sands' availability eventually was a hindrance in The Ark of Truth, the producers felt it was better to include the Doci than to forgo the character
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ori_(Stargate)#Doci

I was wondering if the script for those scenes (with Adria, the doci and sg1) ever made it onto gateworld or the wider tinterweb? if so, please post links/quotes.
    Last edited by stargatefan234; 18 January 2009, 07:25 AM.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Interesting.
    "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

For Ark Of Truth, there were scenes that were filmed and then cut like
      Spoiler:
      sg1 breaking into area 51 and destroying the ark

That's interesting. Where did you hear that? Did they actually film it? It seems a bit unlikely that SG-1 would do that, no matter how much Daniel would have liked to have seen it destroyed. It's not like the NID had it. I can't see Sam or Mitchell going along with that...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
        That's interesting. Where did you hear that? Did they actually film it? It seems a bit unlikely that SG-1 would do that, no matter how much Daniel would have liked to have seen it destroyed. It's not like the NID had it. I can't see Sam or Mitchell going along with that...
        GW: After Daniel's conversation with Landry at the end of the movie, about the Ark being sent to Area 51 to be closely studied, I for one instinctively expected to see that shot of the forklift moving through the warehouse stacked with crates! Did that enter into your mind to do an homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark like that?

RCC: Well, actually they're doing that now! There's going to be, from the looks of the trailer, Area 51 plays a big part in the Crystal Skull movie.

A scene in Area 51 was cut, in part because the movie already had multiple endings.
        I wrote the scene -- we actually shot a scene where we break into Area 51 to destroy the Ark after that. And I cut it
        http://blogs.gateworld.net/interview..._part_24.shtml
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

It would have been a nice bit of closure at least. I do agree that it seems out of character for the team though.

Comment

It would have been a nice bit of closure at least. I do agree that it seems out of character for the team though.
            I quite liked it that it was left open ended with that expression of worry on Daniel's face. It gave some nice depth to the ending--and had the added benefit of leaving a very dangerous threat available to cause future trouble.

Comment

This is why the AoT DVD should've included deleted scenes *g* I would actually buy the DVD again if it were released with deleted scenes, or heck even a DVD set dedicated to deleted scenes and bloopers would be fun!

Spoiler:
              MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
              I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
              this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
              - John 15:12,13

Comment

Working...
              X