The ZPM on Earth (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ZPM on Earth (SPOILERS)

If it didnt get destroyed then where would it go?? to the daedalus?
    [URL="http://www.cybernations.net/default.asp?Referrer=MightyMech"]

yeah i think it was just the chair that was destroyed so all the writers need is build a new interface for the drone chair haha
    Captain Simms

Comment

The zpm would have been destroyed it interfaces directly to the chair as seen in season 7's the lost city
      Long time watcher of Stargate i first watched the original movie a week before Sg-1 season 1, lucky huh?

<Insert humorous signature here>

Comment

The ZPM gets installed in the platform in the Ancient outpost and not the chair itself so it's probably just still powering the outpost.
        A Naqueda generator could provide power to just the chair itself.

Just to reply to captain simms, as far as actually recreating a chair, or means to control the Drones that may be beyond Earth's abilities at the moment, but there are a few other chairs lying around the galaxies we've explored like the city ship in The Tower, the Tria (Aurora featured in the Return), possibly one in the Asuran city ship featured in This Mortal Coil and the Asuran Aurora that was abandoned by replicator Weir/Fran and her party, so we may not need to create a new interface, but just find another chair.

I must say that the topic of the chair's destruction has been discussed in The Ancient Chair on Earth thread and here's the link:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63073

Comment

I imagine if the ZPM was destroyed then the explosion would have been significant, enough to wipe out most of Nevada at least.

More than likely the chair was destroyed by falling debris and the ZPM is just buried, to be retrieved later.
          I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

Comment

Originally posted by Father Jack View Post
            I imagine if the ZPM was destroyed then the explosion would have been significant, enough to wipe out most of Nevada at least.

More than likely the chair was destroyed by falling debris and the ZPM is just buried, to be retrieved later.
            There is nothing that says a destroyed ZPM will cause an explosion. Now a tantied or overload ZPM is a different story.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think it was just the chair that was destroyed, the zpm was in the base in antartica i think.

Hopefully it wasnt anyway lol as i bet atlantis will need it before long.

Im looking forward to the movie, but i hope that it isnt going to be released in 2010 like ive read in a few places and this year instead.

Comment

You'd think with all their technology that they'd build a shield for the chair, antarctica, SGC, etc., and that Sam Carter would have perfected arthur's mantle (merlin's cloak device) and used it to take Earth into another dimension (especially with the ZPM)

Comment

I don't think the ZPM was destroyed. It powers the outpost in Antarctica, not the chair iteself. So I'd imagine the ZPM is fine.

Comment

I agree with the comment above that the ZPM is probably just buried... At least that's what I would like to think.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Or why didnt they use the General hammond to beam the chair out of area 51?

Or have a shield protecting the place like mentioned above.

We'll just have to wait for the movie to find out what happens, or wait untill information leaks online.

Comment

They should have used the General Hammond to cover area 51 with its sheilding and then the area 51 wouldnt be destroyed
                        [URL="http://www.cybernations.net/default.asp?Referrer=MightyMech"]

Comment

Originally posted by Ha'TakFord View Post
                          They should have used the General Hammond to cover area 51 with its sheilding and then the area 51 wouldnt be destroyed
                          The Prometheus was developed in Arizona and I don't think the location of the 304's construction facility is any different.
                          If the Hammond was still being built then wouldn't it be in Arizona and not Nevada?

Earth should have just built a shield generator or a set of emitters for the base(s) as was mentioned above, powered them off of a few Naqueda generators and add in some rail guns to take out aerial attacks from fighters like the Darts.
                          They could have even built some ground based energy weapon and protected them under the shields.

It's inexcusable that Humans on Earth haven't built some proper planetary defenses of their own construction or design by now.
                          They've had the Asgard knowledge base for more than 2 years and are more than capable of even making a planetary shield using a whole bunch of emitter satellites, which could double up as beam or pulse weapons.
                          If that takes too long and too many resources, which given that they should have access to dozens if not hundreds of planets with Naqueda, Trinium or Neutronium in reach of our intergalactic hyperdrive capable ships, then just make some small defense ships,
                          Having something is better than having nothing at all, especially when the likelihood of the Ancient weapons platform getting taken out from orbit was a high possibility, I mean it has no where near the amount of Drones it did when Anubis attacked, probably not even a quarter and being that it was Earth's primary defense any enemy other than the Wraith would have taken a shot at it at some time.
                          Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 19 January 2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Now that Atlantis is on earth. They can control the drones from the Antarctic site.

Also what happened to the whole phase earth defence thing Carter was working on in season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Jack View Post

Wohoooo! mY team is going to the Superbowl! *ahem* Sorry for the off topic post. If the ZPM was overloaded yes it would be a massive explosion but just destroying the chair not likely.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X