Cut the Green One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut the Green One

Does anyone think this line from alternate Mitchell in The Ripple Effect will have anything to do with the movies? Now or in the future?
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

I think it will be one of these things that never ever will be answered! Obviously that was planned for something.
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Im pretty sure JM said that they wrote it into the script so that if the opportunity came up in a future story, they could relate back to it. But he also said that their not gonna go out of their way to inculde it in any future movie.

Comment

Indeed one of many unanswered questions.
        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
          Does anyone think this line from alternate Mitchell in The Ripple Effect will have anything to do with the movies? Now or in the future?
          untill something is made out of it, i chose to believe alt mitchell was joking.
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

i choose to believe it'll probably never happen since the series has been over for like 2 years

Comment

Its like the what happened to the Re'Tu. We will never know the answer.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ytimyona writes: “Was just rewatching Ripple Effect (one of the SG-1 episodes I picked out of my iTunes queue to watch with my little sister when I get home for break on Thursday) and saw that you and Paul wrote it. Can you ask Brad if he plans to include a reference to Mitchell’s “Cut the green one” hint in the next movie? “

Answer: No, we won’t see a reference to cutting “the green one” in the upcoming SG-1 movie. Like the open-ended Neeva scene, the “cut the green one” reference was something I was hoping to pay off down the line if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Ytimyona also writes: “I get that alt-Mitchell would be angry with the real SG-1 for foiling alt-SG-1’s plans, but I believe that they really did have their hearts in the right place and that alt-Mitchell was really trying to help (perhaps because he felt guilty about what they had just done?).”

Answer: Yes, their hearts were in the right place and, in my mind, alt-Mitchell was offering our Mitchell some sound advice…should the situation ever present itself.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-fan-favorite/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Until told otherwise, I'll take that line as foreshadowing for Vala (the "greenest member of SG-1) being absent from the next movie.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't see us ever having any resolution on this matter. It's been too long IMO.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wish they would work it into a future movie somehow. But I doubt they will. I always thought it was a wonderful little line, and wished they would do something with it. But instead we just get a throw-away line.

Fanfic, anyone? (I just might write it myself )
                      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if their is already a fanfic on this
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Like a lot of other things that happened in the SG-1 universe this is one question that will probably remain unanswered.
                          sigpic

Comment

thanks for that hopefully it'll be included in a small way, like mitchell is trying to defuse a bomb and there's the obvious choice and the green cord.

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                            i choose to believe it'll probably never happen since the series has been over for like 2 years
                            the series, yes. but not the franchise seeing as they are now prepping for the 3rd movie after ending
                            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*
                            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                            X