This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get a working zat? working=open and closes

i dont mean one that really fires, just one that opens and closes.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

steal it from the prop room????

seriousy, the only replica i know of was made by lightspeed fine arts and it's a non-working replica
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Either that or go to the props room and ask if you can buy one. Too bad they dont have real zats...That would be pretty cool (a few names pop in mind)

Comment

E-Bay is always a place to try. You can buy just about anything from E-bay (I kid you not on this claim!) Otherwise, try contacting the studio and see if there is the possibility of them releasing a "collector's Zat" - though I don't know if the studio would do that.

Comment

When SG-1 eventually ends you can almost bet Stargate Productions will be auctioning a number of them, but while the series continues into a ninth year that Finish line has been pushed back once more.

Still, if you're seriously interested in one I'd be saving my pennies up right now. Don't expect to get one for under a thousand. They are mechanically complex to create, I've been told, and I'm sure everyone would love to get their hands on one.

Comment

You could always buy a nonworking one and convert it into a working one.

If all else fails, one could be built by hand, although it would be hard as heck.

Comment

I think I've seen opening and closing ones on eBay. That or they were non-working ones. They were VERY expensive though as they were actual props used on the set.

Apparentely, most of the Zats on Stargate are non-working. Only a few work and these are re-used time and again.

Comment

Working...
              X