Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards 2009

Sanctuary Fiction Awards 2009

It is almost two years since we were first introduced to the world of Helen Magnus, her talented but arrogant daughter Ashley and her naïve and bewildered protégé, Will Zimmerman.

In those two years we have seen eight webisodes, thirteen television episodes and over one hundred pieces of fan fiction. Here at www.sanctuaryfiction.net, we want to celebrate the talented individuals who contribute so much to our fandom.

Today we are opening nominations for the Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards 2009, which will culminate in the announcement of winners on 14th May 2009 - exactly two years since the release of Webisode One.

Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:

Angst
    Romance
    Action
    General
    Helen
    Will
    Ashley
    Recurring Character
    Best Original Abnormal
    Webverse Award

With the exception of the Webverse Award (which applies to fan fiction written prior to October 2008), all English language Sanctuary stories on all websites and journals are eligible for entry in the awards. However, we may ask you to upload your fiction to www.sanctuaryfiction.net in time for the voting process.

To nominate a story for an award, please submit the title, author, category, link to the story and the author’s contact details to [email protected] .

The provisional timescale for the Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards is as follows:

February 22nd - Nominations Close
    March 1st - Nominations Announced
    March 16th - Voting Opens
    April 19th - Voting Closes
    May 14th - Winners Announced

Please nominate your favourite stories and support the authors who give up so much of their time to entertain us all.

Best Wishes,
    The Sanctuary Fiction Team
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Welcome to the Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards 2009. We've had an outstanding response which has exceeded all hopes, aims and expectations. 48 titles by 27 different authors have been nominated in our 11 categories (Romance has now been subdivided into Adult and General). The calibre of the stories nominated, I'm sure you will agree, is phenomenal, with writers ranging from high school students to published authors.

Until March 16th, there will be a preview round in which you will get to start reading stories, but not vote. In the meantime we will start our “Author Spotlight” sessions every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday in the sanctuaryfic community, where you will get the chance to meet the people behind your favourite titles. After all, the best thing about fandom is the friends you can make!!

Due to the difficulties in colour coding the announcements on some forums, I will instead link you both to our Livejournal Announcement and to our Nominations Page on www.sanctuaryfiction.net

Please consider leaving feedback for our authors, all of whom have worked hard to contribute to your fandom. We also ask that you are respectful of everyone involved in the process as you participate - that includes Sanctuary PTB, the Sanctuary Fiction team, Authors, Readers and Fellow Fans. If you have an questions, comments or feedback, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Thank you

Tracy, Antoa and Neep
    The Sanctuary Fiction Team

Comment

16th March 2009 can only mean one thing. Nope, not one day to go until the special St. Paddy's Day Simpsons ep on Sky One (though that is pretty exciting too), no.... today is the opening of voting for the 2009 Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards! (Come on, I was expecting at least a woohooo!).

Right. It works like this. We have a lovely voting form, designed by the even lovelier antoa (clicky here), you fill in your name and email, choose the stories you want to vote for and hit submit. Seems pretty simple, right?

Well it is, as long as you're using a valid email address. Because then we'll respond to the voters, just to check that you're all real people. We will only tally those voters who reply. So make sure it's an email address you have access to!!

Just to explain the process... we'll keep a tally on a googledocs spreadsheet. The awards email will be accessible to all three of us (myself, Neep and Antoa) and all votes will be verified and so on, so there can be no cheating, favouritism or vote skewing. Not that we would anyway, but it's just to put the minds of our beloved tinfoil hat wearers at rest.

Voting will be open until 19th April 2009. Any votes received after this date (and we will work to midnight 19th/20th GMT) will not be tallied.

If you mess up and desperately need to change a vote, then I'd like to remind you that we are evil, souless b****es with hearts of ice (was there meant to be a "not" in there? Sorry, I missed the memo!). Seriously, send us an email at [email protected] and we will do everything we can to help you out and get you sorted. Antoa in particular is a pro at digging people out of a hole - she deals with me on a daily basis!

The nominations list can be found here on Livejournal, here on Sanctuaryfiction.net and you can follow our Author Spotlight series here

Any questions, queries, comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or comment here!

Notes for Authors
      Spoiler:

We would love you to spread the news far and wide about the Sanctuary fic awards. Feel free to make banners and shout it from the rooftops (ellymelly has a beautiful banner that was just like the one I originally wanted to make for the awards, lol). However, we would ask that you don't beg, bribe, torture or maim people into voting for you (although my opinion might be swayed if someone were to offer polyamorous Five fic - Owww! Sorry, Antoa!). Asking is considered bad etiquette as well.

Basically, "Yay for the Fic Awards! I got X nominations" or "Sigh... I don't really get a choice on my Sanctuary fic voting because I was nominated in every category and it would be stupid not to vote for myself" is acceptable, if bordering on narcissistic with the second. However "Vote for Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" and "I givez u chocolate if u votez" are bad. "I will strip naked and perform a lapdance if you vote for me" depends on the author.

Hope that makes things clearer.

I'm off to find more sugar now.

Comment

Will there be a 2011 Fanfic Awards? Or 2012 now, since it's already so late in the year?

Comment

Working...
        X