Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My theory (Don't read if you didn't see the latest episode #411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory (Don't read if you didn't see the latest episode #411)

Me and a friend have been thinking this up. Feel free to add or debunk what you see fit:

What we saw flashbacks to is our future. It is the begging of the infamous/foretold "all this has happened before and will happen again" prophecy. Humans on Earth advance so far to create resurrection technology AND cylon centurions. The Cylons rebel against the humans and nuke the planet. The 13th tribe is the remains of the human race who leave to find a new planet (eventually landing at Kobol and then spreading out to the colonies). The final five are the only humans who resurrected at the original resurrection hubs on earth before all was (thought to be) destroyed. They then leave to find the rest of the humans, eventually finding them in the colonies and joining their society. The resurrection process has side effects (long age or something, haven't figured this out yet). Now the cycle starts anew on the colonies. But this time there are slight variations. The Cylons are the ones who create resurrection technology. The humans are nuked in their timeline quicker than they were on Earth. And now they leave in search of a new home landing on Earth (now playing the part of Kobol) and then they spread out to start the second colonies. When Starbuck crashed on Earth, she resurrected at one of the Earth resurrection hubs. The viper, I'm not to sure of (she found a Viper factory ? )

EDIT: The original Earth resurrection technology was still in development, and the final five all were working on the project, hence why they were the only ones to resurrect.

Edit 2: There is a gene marker or something in the final five (which they all saw they had maybe and discovered when they were creating the resurrection tech?) which Starbuck also possesses (not necessarily artificial, along the lines of how certain people are immune to certain diseases while others aren't. This thing is just a lot rarer.) . Either through a fluke or destiny. Which is why they are the only ones to resurrect on Earth's resurrection hub.

Edit 3: The blood of the skin jobs is more like the blood of the original humans due to humans evolving and/or the skin jobs resurrection technology maybe? That is why they think earth was populated with cylons?

And that's all I have
    Last edited by staknhalo; 16 January 2009, 08:30 PM.

You really didn't even listen to the episode, did you? The entire 13th Colony was composed of Cylons. They did not create their own machines, they *were* machines. RDM also confirmed it.

Comment

13th tribe=Cylons
      other 12 tribes=humans
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

The OPs post is still valid. I don't agree that the technology is still was still in development, but I do think it was human cloning technology (Not in the traditional sense, but in the sense of a part organic machine. The same idea that we know is the basis for the Caprica spin-off and thus creation of Cylons on the colonies) that lead to the skin-jobs being created.

As for why only 5 resurrected, who can say? I actually think all (12) were from Earth and resurrected. Perhaps in the attack, resurrection facilities were mostly taken out? Ellen says it's been taken care of to Saul though, so perhaps she had access to a more secure facility? Perhaps she and others were in on the plot with whoever attacked and made other arrangements?

We know that they were Cylons, machines if you prefer. However it makes no sense for them to have started out that way when they were known as the 13th tribe.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
          You really didn't even listen to the episode, did you? The entire 13th Colony was composed of Cylons. They did not create their own machines, they *were* machines. RDM also confirmed it.
          i saw evidence of skin jobs, and of toasters.

i did not see any evidence that one did or did not create the other.

why couldn't those skin jobs have made toasters, or the toasters have made the skin jobs or both have been made by someone else?

seems an open question to me.
          That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

My theory...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63487

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
              i saw evidence of skin jobs, and of toasters.

i did not see any evidence that one did or did not create the other.

why couldn't those skin jobs have made toasters, or the toasters have made the skin jobs or both have been made by someone else?

seems an open question to me.
              I think he meant to just refute the poster's theory that the 13th colony were humans who created the centurians. I think it's very possible the Earth cylons created the centurians for the same reason the colonials created them, to make their lives easier. Perhaps the final five tried to warn them otherwise, but failed and eventually the centurians rebelled and destroyed them like they always do. Kinda goes with the whole theme of "all that has happened will happen again" cycle of creation and destruction. My other theory is that Starbuck somehow lead the centurians to Earth, thus fulfilling her role as the "harbinger of death".

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                Has RDM confirmed that the 13th Tribe was Cylon when they left Kobol?

Here's the thing about living on Kobol. It appears that folks were steeped in religion back then and the only historical record of Kobol and the exodus comes from religious scriptural sources, which would also indicate a lack of scientific advancement by anyone except, perhaps, the Lords/Gods.

If we are to use are own selves for guidance, it would seem more likely that humans invented robots and continued developing them until they became self-aware Cylons. It is also likely that, in a quest, to extend life, humans would have developed the technology to upload their consciousness into some sort of storage system and later download it into a synthetic body.

Can we say for certain that Toasters created skinjobs?

We really don't know anything about the nature of the "Lords of Kobol". Were they simply a more technologically advanced race of beings or some kind of supernatural spirit creatures? Did the humans of Kobol actually have the space faring technology to leave and settle on other planets or did their "Lords" provide the transportation?

It's interesting that none of the Cylon 7 skinjobs seemed to have a recollection of an earlier life on Earth as did the Final Five. As I recall, when the Cylons encountered the beacon virus, Dr. Simon #4, said that they all came from the same gene pool, but he may not have meant to include the unknown final five in that statement.
                sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

I think it was revisionist history on the part of the twelve colonies, and they just forgot.

The Thirteenth, suffering from persecution (because they were toasters), left Kobol and colonized Earth, eventually developing human form, fitting the idea that machines will inevitably try and become their creators. They kept in contact with Kobol, and remained in genuine peace. However, Kobol got curious so they went and saw Earth. So abhorred by what was happening on Earth (how the machines were becoming human), they decided to obliterate Earth.

Some of them survived, and retaliated against Kobol, hence tying in to Kobol's nuclear destruction at approximately the same time. Kobol was annihilated by the thirteenth's retaliation against the Twelve Tribes for their attack against Earth.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                  X