Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has happened to SG1 since Continuum ? (Spoilers for SGA S5 including finale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to SG1 since Continuum ? (Spoilers for SGA S5 including finale)

I am curious as to what has happened to SG1 since the end of The Ark of Truth and how dose this affect the possible dynamics of the third movie.

The last scene of AoT shows the team of Daniel, Cam, Sam, Teal'c and Vala heading through the Stargate as a team.

Since then:

Sam left to command Atlantis and became a full bird Cournel. What happend to the rest of the team?

Teal'c visits Atlantis wearing his Jaffa robes and not his SG uniform - is this becuase he is visiting in an unofficial capacity as a favour to Sam? Is SG1 still together and if not why wouldn't they be?

In Continuum SG1 appear (with Jack) as a team (and Sam is again wearing her SG1 badge). Cam is still in command of the team (which assumes logically that he has also been made a full bird Cournel).

Possible Atlantis season 5 spoilers:

Spoiler:
    In Lost Tribe: Daniel visits Atlantis wearing civilian clothes. Why would he be wearing civvies? If when he is employed by the airforce and has to wear a uniform on base at the SGC while not on active duty with SG1, then why wouldn't he have to wear one on Atlantis?

In EATG:
    Finally we see Sam in temporary command of the SGC, Landry is off somewhere else (I can't remember did they say why he wasn't in Command?) and SG1? well what has happened to the team? Sam is still wearing an SG1 badge and if Cam is still leader of SG1 then logically he still out ranks her and would be in command. There was a mention of a top secret mission on the Odyssey and we can speculate they were on that mission but then why wouldn't Sam be with them? She mentions she will be commanding the new Ship the Hammond. Will she be leaving SG1 again to command that ship?

Vala won't be in the third movie ( I hope they give an explanation).

So that leaves us with a team made up of Daniel, Cam and Teal'c in the third movie?

AlsoIs Daniel fully recovered from his injuries sustained in Atlantis epiosdes Lost Tribe and back on the team?

I find it bewildering that although pulling in Sam to Atlantis is supposed to draw in the SG1 fans, the actual status of SG1 has been neglected. The magic of SG1 was the team and I'm finding it alittle frustrating that aspect of the show has been ignored for what seems to be the sake of one character as it leaves fans who enjoyed the many other enjoyiable aspects of SG1 unsatisfied.

How dose this bode for the third movie?

This is not a thread to bash any characters just one born of confusion and the hope there are answers out there I have missed
    Last edited by Sprinkles; 16 January 2009, 05:38 PM.
    AncientsTimeline

Those are some interesting questions. I just assume they are together still, but with no new real threat they are mostly just taking it easy and doing their own things and when they are really needed they get together. They don't need to be on the front lines anymore, not really. I hope they actually retire the SG-1 designation in the show.

As for Daniel, he isn't required to wear BDU's, he does it on base because he is part of the team and that's what you do as a team. Outside of civilian SG team members no one wears a uniform of any kind. So Daniel showing up at Atlantis in civvies isn't that big a deal or indication of anything really.

Same with Teal'c. He doesn't need to wear his BDU's all the time either now. He is free to come and go as he pleases. Splitting his time with the Jaffa and Taur'i so he is gonna go with what he finds more comfortable in his mind.
    sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

they arent neglecting sg1s staus....it was atlantis not sg1....they assume we are smart enough to put it together that when u dont see them in the finale hey they most likely are on the odyssey.sam is in comman cuz mitchell is leader of the TEAM.which means he has to go with the team.daniel is employed by the air force but he doesnt have to wear the uniform when off team duty.they most likely will explain this in the NEXT sg1 movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
        Those are some interesting questions. I just assume they are together still, but with no new real threat they are mostly just taking it easy and doing their own things and when they are really needed they get together. They don't need to be on the front lines anymore, not really. I hope they actually retire the SG-1 designation in the show.
        There is no big threat but I imagine (as Daniel says at the end of AoT) still plenty of worlds to explore.

If they retire SG1 then whats the point of more SG1 movies?

As for Daniel, he isn't required to wear BDU's, he does it on base because he is part of the team and that's what you do as a team. Outside of civilian SG team members no one wears a uniform of any kind. So Daniel showing up at Atlantis in civvies isn't that big a deal or indication of anything really.

Same with Teal'c. He doesn't need to wear his BDU's all the time either now. He is free to come and go as he pleases. Splitting his time with the Jaffa and Taur'i so he is gonna go with what he finds more comfortable in his mind.
        Good point, I think your probably right about Daniel and Teal'c uniforms
        AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
          they arent neglecting sg1s staus....it was atlantis not sg1....they assume we are smart enough to put it together that when u dont see them in the finale hey they most likely are on the odyssey.
          My post covers the whole of season 4 and 5 not just EATG. I did say that we could speculate that they were on the Odyssey, that wasn't my question. Your right it is Atlantis and not SG1 if it was I wouldn't have to wonder what their status was.

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
          sam is in comman cuz mitchell is leader of the TEAM.which means he has to go with the team.daniel is employed by the air force but he doesnt have to wear the uniform when off team duty.they most likely will explain this in the NEXT sg1 movie.
          I agree about Daniel's uniform, thank you.

True but the next movie won't be released until 2010, the point was to speculate NOW what the current staus of SG1 would mean for the next movie and (if there are any) future movies.
          AncientsTimeline

Comment

I thought continuum was set before season 4 of SGA?

Comment

Hi, I felt the need to jump in and help...I hope. Sam left Atlantis because they found the last Baa'l Clone and SG-1(which she is still a part of) was asked to "put in an apearence". That was Continuum. It was a good reason for her to explain why she had to leave. Then Woolsy tells her he's taking her place at Atlantis(due to her "being a victim of her own Success") My take is that after Continuum Sam either went on missions as the leader(full bird Colonel) or stayed on base to work in her lab in which case Mitchell was in command of the team. I think this also applies to her commanding the Gen, Hammond. When she's not on that she's with the rest of SG-1. I imagine since Vala was only tolorated(and for whatever reason put on the team) due to her connection to the Ori that once they were defeated there was no place for her(that's military logic not just my wishful thinking) and she is no longer on the team. Perhaps an other world ally they can go to for intel once in a while.

As for what I'd love to see happen in the next movie since it is, thank God a Jack centric movie? I'd love to see Jack off world and back at the SGC. That's not to say Hank and Cam(though if Cam heroicly died it'd be a heck of a powerful moment) have to go anywhere. I'd just like to see the original 4 end up together again. If this is the last movie, God forbid, I want things set right. That would also include a definitive moment to let us know Jack and Sam have their happy ending. It doesn't have to be a big love seen. Just a line or two that lets us know they ended up together. Ok, thanks for reading.
              Mac Jackson
              Singer/Songwriter of
              "Harmony Constant"
              [email protected]
              myspace.com/harmonyconstant
              youtube.com/MacWJack
              Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
              http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

i would like to say that their all together but there were many things that had shown otherwise in some episodes so i guess we will have to wait and see.
                sigpic
                100 million light years away from earth:
                Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Danny-boy and Teal'c wear their non military garb because it's their normal clothes they want to be wearing. Simple as that... Why does it have to be complicated? As a unit... As the front line unit of the SGC now that they beat the last bad and got cake (I love it when O'neill throws that line in), Why do they have to be going out on missions all the time? Mitchell probably took a vacation. Teal'c probably went to see R'yac. Daniel went to Atlantis. Vala might be still hanging out with the Ba'al host.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that there really aren't any big threats right now. I think SG-1 is only semi-active right now (not on a general mission schedule), and are called together when necessary (like those superhero teams). For diplomatic or world in peril type stuff, I'm sure Sam, Cam, Daniel, Teal'c & Vala are all recruited, but when they're not, remember, these are folks at the tops of their respective fields (the original SG1 anyway), they're probably doing work in them more often now.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Excuse me, but why not to go through the Gate just for the sake of exploration? That was their designation too at the beginning. So I think they, minus Sam, are still active as team. I find sad to think at the gate just as a device to fight the bads and forget the wonder of exploration just because.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                        Excuse me, but why not to go through the Gate just for the sake of exploration? That was their designation too at the beginning. So I think they, minus Sam, are still active as team. I find sad to think at the gate just as a device to fight the bads and forget the wonder of exploration just because.

I'm sure that they are going through the Gate still for exploration - especially Daniel (assuming he HAS recovered from his bolt of lightning!!..)....of all people to have the drive to WANT to keep going through the Gate, Daniel is the one that imho would be constantly pushing to be on a team - ANY team - to see what and/or who's "still out there"....

But, age creeps up on us (unless you're who still looks like a young whipper-snapper to me ) and I'm sure even Daniel's indominitable spirit is being slowed down by a few "aches and pains"....

Deeds xx

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hi ppl,

I believe Sam is in command of the gen' Hammond,

Cam is leader of SG1 with Daniel, Teal'c and Valla,

In EATG SG1 could of either been on a mission, on the oddy or on leave. as some one said Teal'c and Daniels clothing doesn’t count at they are not military, they are wearing what is comftorble for them. Hank was setting up a task force at the pentagon in EATG for the person that asked so with Cam as a team leader and a full bird colonel there (Sam) then Sam would be in charge.

Don’t look to far into it just now. When Universe comes out and the third SG1 movie we may or may not have our answers, until then enjoy Stargate.

To all my gate friends enjoy

Comment

hi guys and gals.. my first post here at gw.
                            As For the absence of Vala in the next movie. have you guys thought of that tptb might send her character to the ori galaxy

Comment

I think this is an example of the stargate writers doing what they do a lot of the time - using familiar quick fixes rather than taking risks. In the real world, Sam would never have been made commander of atlantis, but she was a face the viewers would recognise, and it was easier and safer than introducing a new character. This seemed like a good idea at the time, but they didn't think about what to do with her afterwards. There is no reason to think she replaced mitchell as the leader of sg-1, but as mitchell said, he is the same rank as here, and in truth nobody is really in command. She was only in command of the SGC in EotG because Landry was in washington, this is no surprise, nor is it the first time she was left in tempory command, so this is insignificant.

All the speculation in this thread is pointless because, I don't think the writers took in into account the long term future of the team. I think, until we see different on screen, we need to just assume the team is together, all 5 members, and exploring the galaxy and fighting the lucian alliance here and there.
                              I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Working...
                              X