Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaeta, am I think only one who....? (Spoilerish for 4.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaeta, am I think only one who....? (Spoilerish for 4.5)

... gets the impression he's going to be leading some kind of coup in the coming half-season? I get that impression from the You Will Know The Truth shiznit...
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

yes, most likely with Tom Zarek
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

That's what it seems like. Plus one of the clues refers to Baltar making a bad choice for aide-de-camp, so I'm guessing we'll see the darker, more vicious side of Gaeta.

Mind, I don't think he's the Fifth though.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
        Mind, I don't think he's the Fifth though.
        He was my top choice but after saying to Tigh at the end of "Face of the Enemy" I really doubt it anymore, since it does take place after Sometimas a Great Notion.

The way Hoshi is talking to him, I definitely think its likely he's initiating these conversations with ZArek we see in the preview.
        sigpic

Comment

Gaeta is an important character in the series, but he is not that important.

he is us, as close to an 'uninterested' but involved party as you can get. He shares survival interests with those around him but that is about it.

Gaeta is not part of the politics, bull****, sex, and constant power struggle that has involved most of the other characters.

If they screw that up i'll really be surprised.
          That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
            Gaeta is an important character in the series, but he is not that important.
            Agreed.

he is us, as close to an 'uninterested' but involved party as you can get. He shares survival interests with those around him but that is about it.
            I don't know, Gaeta was pretty power hungry in S.2. Particularly when Gaius Baltar came onto the scene of major politics.

Gaeta is not part of the politics, bull****, sex, and constant power struggle that has involved most of the other characters.
            Gaeta involved himself as the right hand man to Gaius Baltar during New Caprica. So I wouldn't say he's not part of the politics.

If they screw that up i'll really be surprised.
            They already screwed his character up IMO.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

The point we differ on is that Gaeta served Baltar's administration without actually being an operative.

he was an idealist, a believer, not one of the others.

that's why i see him the way i do.
              That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

I doubt he's the fifth.. the scene between Roslin and Baltar where she says "who would have known", I believe she's referring to the 'coup' he might be playing a part in. As in, quiet little Gaeta, who had his leg amputated, is now trying to end the alliance between cylons and humans.. who would have figured that.

Only the viewers know what happened to Gaeta on the raptor, he's probably not ever going to tell anyone the truth. So as far as others know, no one would figure Gaeta to be a freedom fighter of sorts.

I'm definitely thinking he's not the fifth. More like the anti-fifth.
                "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

This may sound stupid, or be over thinking or over complicating things (though this shows warrants it)

In the you will know the truth site, their are obvious references to the Bible, as well as in the show. During the 10th clue Gaeta has what appears to be a heart to heart with Baltar. And he talks about how he wanted to be a architect and how he hopes people will see him for who he really is.

Quick bible facts Jesus was a carpenter, people didn't think he was gods son. So is Gaeta supposed to be like Jesus? Baltar God?

*Just kind of something I thought after watching the first episode of the new season and the you will know the truth site.

*update*The picture that is a remake of the final supper is missing the person who would be Judas, my guess is that Kara now fills that role. Remember the hybrid said she would bring destruction to them all.

The Hybrid in Razor also said that the final Cylon would be "Still in shadow" and "Clawing toward redemption"

In the opening it says the fifth will be revealed, if I remember correctly it didn't say final Cylon would be revealed. Their were thirteen in attendance if I remember correctly.
                  Last edited by splintercell56; 16 January 2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X