This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wee li'l question

So, what's the name of Sheppard's team? Atlantis 1? I don't remember them ever saying. Calling it "Major Sheppard's team" is a bit of a mouthfull. The second team is lead by Sgt Bates, right?
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

I don't think they have starting nameing the team yet. If they have in the ones since "The Storm" is beyond me.

Comment

I just like Atlantis 1. It also has continuity with the original series and SG(Stargate)-1. I'm even working on a fnafic and the main team is Caelum 1. So, yeah.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Sky-1 huh? Nice tuch using Latin but it's so harsh on the tongue.

Comment

They are currently gating under the name 'The New Kids On The Block'.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

As of right now, Sheppard's team is so strangely organized it's hard to even know if the team ever gets together at all ever since The Underground.

Spoiler:
            Sheppard doesn't even have command of Ford's team in "The Defiant One", suggesting that the "teams" aren't made up definitely yet.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

yeah it kinda seems like there arn't any set teams, i guess since it isn't a military operation they just take the best group for what ever mission objectives they have.

so the most logical thing would be to dynamicly change the name based on who is in charge, which is what they are doing.

Comment

well, that sucks. Having a set team with a catchy name is endearing. SG-1 wouldn't be the same if every now and then Sam or Jack had led teams on their own and all. Team work makes it all special.

Edit: Somebody gave me bad rep, said it was a bad question. How is it a bad question?

Comment

According to Peter DeLuise (I think it was him), the teams are called AR-1, AR-2, etc. (AR means Atlantis Recon).
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Sam would probably have made a more believable short colonel if she'd done some more commanding on other missions. There is a lot to be said for bringing people you need. Like not bringing the archeologist on the mission that has nothing to do with, well, you know, anything remotely resembling archeology.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                      They are currently gating under the name 'The New Kids On The Block'.
                      LOL, don’t tell me they are going to break into music as soon as they see a wraith.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

wow good question! Never thought of that. Darn it, wish you'd posted this before the weekend, then I could have asked PDL and MW.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          Sam would probably have made a more believable short colonel if she'd done some more commanding on other missions. There is a lot to be said for bringing people you need. Like not bringing the archeologist on the mission that has nothing to do with, well, you know, anything remotely resembling archeology.
                          ah but Daniel looks purty, and you never know, you might need someone with a trowel to dig up expected ruins or dig yourself out of a dodgy situation...Plus he's good at speaking Gou'ald.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                            ah but Daniel looks purty, and you never know, you might need someone with a trowel to dig up expected ruins or dig yourself out of a dodgy situation...Plus he's good at speaking Gou'ald.
                            Fail Safe was my favorite random Daniel on the mission episode.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                              Yup! The SGC has a purdy quota to meet. That's why the flagship team is for, among other things. They fill the quota all on their own.

AR-1 and 2 huh? Not purdy. Atlantis 1 and 2 sounds way cooler. AR-1 is sorta hard to say all things considered. Maybe they'll still change their minds since the characters haven't said it out loud yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X