This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard trusting McKay

At the end of Trinity after McKay made scranbled eggs of 5/6 of a solar system.
    He is affectively told by Sheppard it will be hard for McKay to earn back his trust.
    Do you think, after all that's happened, he's earned back Sheppard's trust?
    Yes
    97.10%
    No
    2.90%
    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Of course he's earned it back, ten times over.

I mean, in Aurora which (iirc) was shortly after, McKay goes in there to assist Sheppard. The in The Hive, McKay goes to great lengths to assist Sheppard et al.

People make mistakes, I'm sure McKay would've learned from that.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Yes. Mckay has saved the day so many times since that "incident" that Sheppard has to trust him now.

Comment

No doubt at all. Ten times over.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh....absolutely.

I mean....those buddy scenes in The Shrine just says how much their friendship means to each other. I mean....just fact that John was willing to stay up with Rodney to keep him company just shows how much Rodney means to him. I look at them as brothers. Of course....they're gonna have some tension between them....as brothers do (a little sibling rivalry....as you will). They are good buddies.
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

theres lots of trust there

Comment

Yeah, because the show is ALL about Shepard and McKay saving the day. Teyla, Ronon, and whoever is in charge of the expedition, they have no importance.

The show is ALWAYS about Shepard being the hero (when he's an arse most of the time) and McKay knowing everything.

Never has McKay stated he CANNOT do something. There have been plenty of times that Carter has started there was nothing for her to do. but McKay is perfect.

Good gosh, I do hope the resident "egghead" in SGU doesn't know everything.

Comment

My vote is yes. No question about it.
                Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

I agree that The Shrine shows a lot of camaraderie between the two of them. Plus Shepherd should know that McKay is trying to fix his mistakes when we see him basically give up his life to get John back in The Last Man.

First Post!

Comment

Yes, of course. The writers decided to skip over x amount of time to avoid conflict and get back to the regular back-and-forth between the two.

In fact, did it ever come up again between Shep and McKay?

(And these were the seasons I liked. I can be critical over those, too.)

Comment

I had a feeling this was going to be the case.
                      The trust is there
                      Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        Yes, of course. The writers decided to skip over x amount of time to avoid conflict and get back to the regular back-and-forth between the two.

In fact, did it ever come up again between Shep and McKay?

(And these were the seasons I liked. I can be critical over those, too.)
                        Well, the fact that Rodney blew up a solar system has been brought up plenty of times.

Comment

yeah he has sheppard has been saved by rodney so many times it not funny i would trust him if i was sheppard

ATLANTIS FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                          X