Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion (811)

Spoiler:
    Clark is attacked by the Persuader in his barn, but before he is killed a trio of superpowered aliens, called the Legion, shows up and saves him. While inhabiting Chloe's body, Brainiac informs Davis that he will soon become the creature "Doomsday" permanently, and places him in an ice cocoon for the metamorphosis. Rokk, Imra, and Garth inform Clark that today was the day he was supposed to destroy Brainiac for good, but because the only way for him to do that will be to kill Chloe. Brainiac begins sucking the knowledge from every human mind through the world's computer network when he is attacked by the Legion. Before the Legion can kill Chloe Clark intervenes and convinces them to focus their powers and pull Brainiac out of Chloe. Afterward, the Legion takes what is left of Brainiac with them back to the future to reprogram him for something positive.

That was a good episode, but I think the last shot of Doomsday was the best part.

I liked the Legion (all except Lightening Lad) and the mention of Brainiac 5 was cool. It was kinda funny hearing them talk about his cape and flying so much. You could tell Geoff Johns wrote this episode.

I'm a little tired of the Clark/Lana talking for 30 minutes at the end of every episode so that was boring to see again. It's a little disappointing that Lois and Jimmy weren't in the episode.

They're still moving in the right direction with Season 8 (at least IMO) - Can't wait to see Doomsday in the next few episodes now.
    Last edited by Shan Bruce Lee; 18 January 2009, 09:26 AM.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      That was a good episode, but I think the last shot of Doomsday was the best part.

I liked the Legion (all except Lightening Lad) and the mention of Brainiac 5 was cool. It was kinda funny hearing them talk about his cape and flying so much. You could tell Geoff Johns wrote this episode.

I'm a little tired of the Clark/Lana talking for 30 minutes at the end of every episode so that was boring to see again. It's a little disappointing that Louis and Jimmy weren't in the episode.

They're still moving in the right direction with Season 8 (at least IMO) - Can't wait to see Doomsday in the next few episodes now.
      Yeah, that's not at ALL what I thought Lighting Lad would be.... The other Legion members, though, were quite well done.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I enjoyed the episode very much. I think it had an interesting concept and it gave the audience a feel of "but wait, there's so much more to come". I agree about the Lana moments being long-winded. I can appreciate that they want to make the most of Kristen's time, but heart-to-hearts with Clark are a little old. I thought Allison Mack was exceptional in this episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          I thought Allison Mack was exceptional in this episode.
          Yeah, she was good. Her "lost memory" didn't stay lost very long though.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

It's a little disappointing that Louis and Jimmy weren't in the episode.
            It's spelt Lois.

I thought this episode was pretty good, although out of the regular missing cast members, I thought Oliver should have been in here.

I don't read comics at all, but I thought the Legion members were pretty good and their powers are pretty cool. All in all, it was a pretty good episode.

Since Clark now has a ring where he can contact Legion members, does anyone think he'll ever use it?

Comment

Yeah, she was good. Her "lost memory" didn't stay lost very long though.
              I'm glad that Chloe remembers who Clark is. If she forgot he charater development would fall back to early season four, with the exception of her marrage to Jimmy. I fact the scene in "Abyss" when Chole can't remember Clak's abilities was over done. I mean it almost seems like she's doing a lame attmept at covring up or not acknowleging Clark's abilities. I'm glad her memory was restored and that she wasn't killed off. Ok, so who thinks that Brainiac will be back? (hint Saturn Girl makes a reference to hoping "that Brainiac 5 will be more useful")
              For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

YAY!!! Chloe got her memory back thank god! Couldn't be more happier!

Excellent episode, loved it. And go figure I actually liked Lana too, never would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ReFRidgerator View Post
                  Ok, so who thinks that Brainiac will be back? (hint Saturn Girl makes a reference to hoping "that Brainiac 5 will be more useful")
                  I thought that was just a reference to the comics so if he does return he'll probably be a member of the Legion. (probably)

Comment

Very good episode last night. I was very impressed with the Legion, and loved all the references they made about what Clark will become. And Doomsday at the end there, was so awesome.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      And Doomsday at the end there, was so awesome.
                      It says a lot when my favorite part of an episode this good is the quick set up for the rest of the season at the very end of the episode.

Comment

awesome episode 9.5/10

what i liked

the legion was awesome, dont know much about them so i cant really complain
                        i really liked the persuader hope he comes back for an episode or 2
                        chloe's character was ressurected
                        braniac
                        doomsday

what i disliked

clana although it wasnt too bad this episode
                        no loise i know she was with jimmy but i heard she will miss a number of episodes
                        brainiac seemed to be killed to easily
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

It's a little disappointing that Louis and Jimmy weren't in the episode.
                          Lois underwent a sex change ? damn, I must've missed an ep :/

Comment

i enjoyed the episode a whole lot, it had everything a good episode needed and i cannot wait for future episodes.

Comment

This episode was incredible. You gotta love all the Superman references. Hopefully the Legion will show up in a future episode.
                              "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Working...
                              X