Clear All

Age Issue

Robert Carlyle - 47
    David Blue - 29
    Brian J. Smith - 27
    Justin Louis - 41
    Jamil Walker Smith - 26

Non-issue?
    Last edited by jenks; 15 January 2009, 08:24 PM.

Non-issue. Yes.

Comment

Justin Louis is 41.
      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Well, the notes on the characters indicated very young. Didn't one of them say "every teenage girl's dream"? I was very worried there would be nothing for me in the show. After being a fan for so many years, I was extremely disappointed that my demographic was not wanted any longer. Depending on the recurring/supporting/guest roles, there may still be nothing to interest me. I will try, though.

Comment

Yeah, but those were not really "notes" on the characters; they were casting calls, which are specifically written to focus on the flash and looks; it's for agents and actors, not fans to analyze and get character development out of.

Nothing can really be decided until actors are cast, and now we see that those casting calls are just as meaningless as I thought they were.

Comment

The only problem now I see with the announced cast is the high amount of sausage. Where are the ladies?

Comment

Look, we all know that 26 year olds play 18 year olds on reality tv, so even if they cast someone who is late twenties, they can play mid twenties/ early 20s easily. I think it's a great mix of people who are known and those who aren't so much.
              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                The only problem now I see with the announced cast is the high amount of sausage. Where are the ladies?
                And not particularly...errr...tasty sausage... *nervous laughter*

Comment

Well, lets look at this

RDA: 47
                  Tapping: 31
                  Judge: 32
                  Davis: 55
                  Shanks: 26
                  Average: 38 (round down)

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Robert Carlyle - 47
                  David Blue - 29
                  Brian J. Smith - 27
                  Justin Louis - 42
                  Jamil Walker Smith - 26
                  Aveage: 34 (round down)
                  First off, I added the bold and rounded up when the decimal was over .5, round down when it was under. Also Louis is currently 41, but will be 42 on Feb. 20th. But the average is still the same.

Second, thats an average age difference of four years, there have been several names changes (for all we know, the ages of the characters have gone up) and if you look at the experiance of the new cast, here is the break down:

Robert Carlyle: He has 21 years of experience, has been rumored to be the new Doctor Who, which could either meant he turned it down or never was considered. He has been in a TV movie for a major network, 24: Redemption, was in several movies (28 Weeks Later probably the most notable in the States) and has been in several TV shows (although nothing I know of).

Justin Louis: He has the most experience with 23 years of acting. He has been in two of the Saw movies (Saw IV and Saw V) and Grey Gardens for HBO. He has been in CSI: Miami, and CSI. He has been in the Dawn of the Dead movie as well. He has been in and out of sci fi tv shows, such as Mutant X and Highlander.

Jamil Walker Smith: Has had 15 years of experience. He has been in X-Files, Hey! Arnold, Bones, NYPD Blue.

Brian J. Smith: He has the least amount of experience, being he has only acted for four years. Go here for the small list of material he has been in.

David Blue: He has been acting for seven years. He has been un Ugly Betty and Moonlight, and several other tv shows.

Now to compare this to SG-1:

RDA: He had 34 years of experience as an actor, being the most experienced for all shows.

Amanda Tapping: She had only six years of experience at the time when SG-1 aired.

Chris Judge: He only had seven years, starting his career as an actor in 1990.

Don S. Davis: He started acting fifteen years before SG-1 aired on Showtime.

Michael Shanks: He, like Brian J. Smith, only had four years of experience.

What does this show us? They are hiring more of an experienced cast for Stargate Universe. See, age doesn't mean anything: You could be thirty years old yet a five year old have more computer experience than you. Same here, you could be in your thirties but have little to no acting, and be in your twenties and have years under your belt. Or at least more than the person in thirties. And you know what? All of the actors in SG-1 are great, I think we can all attest to that. So let us judge these people on their performance and see how it improves over the years, because its possible these guys will do some great stuff.

What is funny though, the killer in Saw (the Jigsaw) was in SG-1, and now someone else from Saw is in Stargate Universe. Funny how things work out, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                    Robert Carlyle: He has 21 years of experience, has been rumored to be the new Doctor Who, which could either meant he turned it down or never was considered. He has been in a TV movie for a major network, 24: Redemption, was in several movies (28 Weeks Later probably the most notable in the States) and has been in several TV shows (although nothing I know of).
                    No, the most notable would be The World Is Not Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                      No, the most notable would be The World Is Not Enough.
                      Thats true, I completely missed and forgot he stared in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                        Well, the notes on the characters indicated very young. Didn't one of them say "every teenage girl's dream"? I was very worried there would be nothing for me in the show. After being a fan for so many years, I was extremely disappointed that my demographic was not wanted any longer. Depending on the recurring/supporting/guest roles, there may still be nothing to interest me. I will try, though.
                        Thank you for pointing out the demographics. I posted something on the JM blog stating my case about the characters and noticed that Brad Wright was on-line at that time. I hope that he understood that it's inappropriate to 'like' characters that are not age appropriate for viewers in the 'over 54' group. There's room for hope.
                        Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 15 January 2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                          lol dont worry man...the ladies will come in the next few days

Comment

This shouldn't be an issue <Mod Snip>
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 January 2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I am pleasantly surprised.
                              Wonder how old the gals will be?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X