Enemy at the Gate: "Special Extended Version"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy at the Gate: "Special Extended Version"

Well, according to Paul Mullie, there is a chance that we may have a extended version of 'Enemy at the Gate' on DVD. Now, whether that is on the Season 5 disc is unknown. Either that or they could do a 'Children of the Gods- Final Cut' method.

NOTE: I added a spoiler tag for Todds Worshipper's questions to save some space.

Todds Worshipper writes:
    Spoiler:
    “No.1. Why did you write Sheppard as being so horrible to Todd in Enemy at the Gate?

Todd doesn’t deserve it at all, he has suffered in many ways: frequent loss of his own hive ships, nearly dying from radical treatment, so he could stop feeding on humans and even changing into stupid clothes (why a black T-shirt underneath? that was cruel to us)
    He has saved their lives (Infection), helped in the war against the Replicators and has just handed them the ZPM’s to save Earth!
    I expected a little hostility between them, but Shep went too far. Like the line “To be honest, I didn’t think you were going to live!”
    Just as well Todd’s above all of Shep’s hot air and didn’t react to any of it.

No.2. WHY did you not show us so much as a glance of Todd’s feeding hand. We want to know if he was restored fully by the bug or just partially?
    Please tell us, does Todd have a feeding hand in EatG??

No.3. Thankyou for leaving Todd’s story unended because I’ve been praying for him to be in the SGA movie. This is now a strong possibility! Right???!!!

No.4. When Sheppard called Todd “Todd” at the beginning, did Todd not hear him? Or if he already knew, are there deleted scenes somewhere that show him first finding out what Shep named him? Can we please have this and lots of other yummy “Todd” deleted scenes on the Season 5 release? and can the release also please be available on Blu-ray??? (For the UK-Aus market as well as the US)

No.5. Can you please scrap SGU and make SGW instead?
    StarGate Wraith! We would love that, but Christopher Heyerdahl has to be in it, as Todd.”

Paul: Holy Crap, you don’t call yourself “Todds Worshipper” for nothing, do you? Not that I have a problem with that. He’s a great character, played by a very talented and dedicated actor (Chris Heyerdahl). I’m not sure I can answer all your questions satisfactorily, but I would like to clear one thing up. Todd is very much back to being a full-fledged human life sucker at the beginning of this episode. I realize it wasn’t that clear, and a lot of people have asked the question. What happened was, originally in the first scene, when Todd said the treatment was successful he added something about being “fully restored.” Woolsey then asked him “does that mean you’re back to feeding on humans?” To which Todd responded “I am exactly as I was,” or something like that, meaning “damn right I’m back to feeding on humans.” But then the network wanted a scene with Keller earlier in the show (as it stands, she only shows up about three quarters of the way through and it’s a little jarring), so I cut that dialogue and added a whole separate scene at the top of Act One where Sheppard goes to Keller, who’s done an exam on Todd, and SHE tells him he’s back to feeding. But then it got cut for time. That scene and several other moments that were trimmed out will be available at some point in a special extended version, I’m guessing on DVD.
    Discuss.
    Last edited by Orion Antreas; 15 January 2009, 04:05 PM.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Bumpety, bump bump.

(Geez, no one has posted? 50 hits, yet no one has posted? o.O)

Comment

Bumping is against the rules. If a thread has no popularity, it drops down.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would be looking forward to seeing this extended version... maybe it answered all the questions!
        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Will this be the good version?

Comment

I am going to be even more annoyed at the Ronon death scene if they cutted up & had enough minutes to replace it since that scene has absolutely no meaning

Comment

I hope they realease and I hope they also release in the future all the episodes they edited out content of. And no, deleted scenes aren't enough for me, I want the whole thing as it is.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                I hope they realease and I hope they also release in the future all the episodes they edited out content of. And no, deleted scenes aren't enough for me, I want the whole thing as it is.

Vala,
                Yes, exactly. I've seen this occasionally with movies (meaning that the deleted scenes were integrated into the movie), but why do we never see it with TV shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Bumping is against the rules. If a thread has no popularity, it drops down.
                  I am sorry. I read some of the rules, but not all. First time I bumped a thread, so I never knew. It won't happen again. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                    Nope. The good version aired on scifi this will be the even better edition.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                      Hopefully it will be a better version

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                      I am sorry. I read some of the rules, but not all. First time I bumped a thread, so I never knew. It won't happen again. Thanks for pointing it out.
                      Ignorance isn't an excuse.
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        I second that. I'd love to see the extended version of all episodes that were cut down due to time constraints, especially considering they are more representative of the writers vision.
                        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                          I second that. I'd love to see the extended version of all episodes that were cut down due to time constraints, especially considering they are more representative of the writers vision.
                          Now that's something I'd really like to see as well but it will boil down to the cost I'm sure.
                          I don't think it's a case of just slotting them in, they have to change the music tracks and a whole host of other editing stuff that I don't know about.

When Lord of the Rings had it's extended edition made it took a lot of time, effort and cost. In that case they knew there was enough interest and fans would stump up the money for the DVD's.

But you never know....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                            Now that's something I'd really like to see as well but it will boil down to the cost I'm sure.
                            I don't think it's a case of just slotting them in, they have to change the music tracks and a whole host of other editing stuff that I don't know about.
                            When Lord of the Rings had it's extended edition made it took a lot of time, effort and cost. In that case they knew there was enough interest and fans would stump up the money for the DVD's.
                            But you never know....
                            Yep, I realise the necessary work and cost. I would gladly buy additional DVDs even though I already own the SGA seasons 1-4 boxset (plus a few duplicate individual DVDs!), but I don't know if enough fans would. So... I wish they'd do that, but I'm not sure they could afford it.
                            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              Ignorance isn't an excuse.
                              Thanks for pointing that out...Mistakes come from time to time. Ignorance or not. Human nature.

As for the thread topic, most likely when they release Season 5 DVD, they will probably put the "special extended version" in place with the "aired version." So on DVD, we will see extended. That's what I think. Probably be a 60 minute special depending on many scenes were cut out...(17 minutes of scenes cut out though is a long shot.-- Maybe not 60 minutes, maybe 50. We will see.)

Comment

Working...
                              X