Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Wraith can bring people back from the dead then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Wraith can bring people back from the dead then?

I figured this might have been possible before but kinda doubted it but it's canon now I guess. So can we safely say now that all of those soldiers and misc Wraith clones that were killed with other Wraith around probably came back to life? Well the ones that weren't drones or in multiple pieces anyway.

Haha we have infinite continues!

Obviously Wraith that were blown up in ships, melted in lava, shot into suns or that one queen that got her head chopped off highlander style are dead for good but I'm not seeing any reason why all those misc scientists/males that got gunned down so regularly on nondescript planets don't get free respawns now. For example just about all of the Wraith in that episode with the other runner this year probably got respawned given that the planet was still crawling with Wraith when they left. Ditto for all the goons in sateda who bought it from knives and guns with their hive still in orbit. Their training actually makes sense now. They learn the same way you do when you're playing a particularly hard videogame... "ahh **** I died again, oh well I'll try something else next time".

It's also funny to think that even the original queen they killed to start the whole galaxy wide ****storm would almost certainly have been respawned by her underlings as well, given her obvious importance and comparitively minor injuries. Her underlings probably all got to "reload from last save" to.

How's that for a kick in the balls.

I guess it does finally explain why they've spent so many thousands of years with such obviously flawed equipment and tactics though. If they get shot in a raid or fall on their own bayonet it's more like a nap till their buddy finds them than a problem.

Yes this broke the show quite magnificently didn't it.

Ronon may not have been "brain dead" at the point the wraith restored him... that could make a difference.

Or the writers got lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      Ronon may not have been "brain dead" at the point the wraith restored him... that could make a difference.

Or the writers got lazy.
      If being brainded was an impediment to being brought back to life it never would have worked in this instance at all.

Comment

He seemed dead as dead can be to me. So yeah, the must have the ability to bring people back that have just died.
        sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

I think Ronon was just unconcious from lack of blood, but the neurons were still firing in his brain so he was techically still alive.

Comment

It either came with a caveat that TPTB may soon provide ("Oh Ronon wasn't really dead-dead, he just looked it") or it's one of those interesting nuggets of Wraith info that TPTB added...in the final episode of the series.

Comment

It makes some sense. The Wraith are able to regenerate if they have fed enough, and in Common Ground, Todd restored John's health after feeding on a bunch of the Genii.

Mind you, it would probably only be doable by well fed Wraith. They might even have to feed on someone just to bring one person/Wraith back from the dead.

Comment

from PM's Q&A Joe's blog
                Trish also writes: “My sister, Colleen, wants to know: If Ronon was dead how could the wraith bring him back to life? The wraith can’t feed off of dead humans so how could they restore life to someone who’s already dead?”

Paul: He was only a little dead.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Or the writers got lazy.
                  I vote for the second choice, it seemed like a real cop-out to me! but then no one ever "really" dies in stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    But he was dead. He was at least as dead as any Wraith he's shot/stabbed to death. That Wraith goon was stirring his kidneys around prison yard style and he doesn't regenerate on his own without help.

I'm going with "it was the last show so we figured we wouldn't have to deal with the implications of this so we left it in, hey have you heard about universe yet, it's going to be so awesome!".

Either that or maybe this was like some sort of bizarre last minute apology to all those Wraith fans that got short changed for 5 years on actual character development. Now they can go back and compile a list of all the Wraith they liked and how likely they actually are to really be dead given their circumstances....

Oh what the hell might be fun

Ok lets start with the ones I already thought of.

-Pretty much all of the Wraith in Rising: Killed on their own ship by combinations of pointed objects and 5.7mm pointed objects moving at high speed. The hive Keeper even "died" exactly the same way as Ronan "died".

Probability of respawn: High to Very High: It's almost a given for the queen herself and her immediate underlings getting a respawn. The only ones probably not getting a second (or third, forth, sixty seventh etc) chance at life here are the guys nobody liked very much, the dart pilots, or anyone possibly blasted to gibs by the C4.

-Sateda Wraith hunters: Killed by Ronon and Shep/Teyla with bullets and knives while their own hive was watching everything from orbit and automated drones were used to monitor everything.

Probability of respawn: High: The drones were monitoring the hunt so not only are they going to know that these guys died they're going to know exactly where and when. Even if you assume they're not wearing locators like a lot of Wraith do finding their "corpses" is going to be trivial and respawns might even have been going on as the episode progressed. Hell they all look mostly alike right. Ronon might very well have killed the same guys twice or three times without realizing it. Oddly enough the only guy that's probably not getting a chance at coming back here is the commander that got blasted by a drone.

-Tracker Wraith: Killed in a running battle with Ronon and another runner in basically the same fashion as in Sateda minus the monitoring drones.

Probability of respawn: Moderate to high: These guys didn't have the benefit of drones recording exactly where they bought the farm but the planet also ended up in Wraith control so it's likely they could be found and respawned later. Finding them all in the jungle could get tedious after a while though so they might miss a few. I also wouldn't even bother respwaning the one that couldn't fight his way past Keller with a stick personally.

I'm sure there's plenty more out there, lets see if we can find them all.

Comment

Hmmmm maybe the Wraith Trick Doesnt Work on other Wraith.... if it did they wouldn't need humans.... (they cloned wraith soldiers so why not food)
                      67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Only a little dead? Maybe they should finally stop blogging these stupid explanations to plot holes/devices.

Comment

At max he was dead for 30 minutes. Rigamortis likely hadn't set in yet. The Wraith can revive someone who is recently (propably no more than an hour or so) dead.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Or the writers got lazy.
                            Yup, that's the explanation I subscribe to. Both of them infact.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                              Only a little dead? Maybe they should finally stop blogging these stupid explanations to plot holes/devices.
                              Maybe you should get a sense of humor. He was obviously joking.

Comment

Working...
                              X