Stargate Atlantis #4 - Halcyon and #5 Exogenesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis #4 - Halcyon and #5 Exogenesis

Anyone else had trouble finding those? These are the only ones I'm missing from my collection, and I usually get them as soon as they're released; these two however seemed to have been snatched up quite quickly. I'm still looking though, eBay has Exogenesis listed at $158 and Halcyon isn't listed. Couple of websites I tried, it's not listed/out of print.

I've been looking for both of them for quite a while with no luck. One of the authors of Exogensis has said not to bet on a reprint so I'm basically just checking every bookstore I happen to go to and hoping to get lucky. I also occassionally check ebay or Amazon to see if someone is selling them for a reasonable price. I did ask Fandy if they were planning on releasing them in ebook form and they said it was something they were looking into possibly doing.

Comment

My problem is that they're not easily available here. All the books I got, I had to special order them from a bookshop as soon as they're released. They're not available anywhere in local bookshops. if Fandemonium releases them as an ebook that would be great! I really want to read those two books.

Comment

Originally posted by TenthDoctor View Post
        My problem is that they're not easily available here. All the books I got, I had to special order them from a bookshop as soon as they're released. They're not available anywhere in local bookshops. if Fandemonium releases them as an ebook that would be great! I really want to read those two books.
        They're both actually on sale on eBay at the moment, though the price is rather high...boy am I glad I picked them up as soon as they came out.

Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon on eBay
        Stargate Atlantis: Exogenesis on eBay

But if you're willing to pay about quadruple the original price for them, then you'd best try to get them soon as other places have them in the £100 range. Strange that Fandemonium wouldn't just print some more...maybe if more people tried e-mailing them, they might see an increased demand?

Comment

Damn, I should've picked up those extra copies that I saw at the Creation con in Burbank last November for $10 (US)... I could be making a killing!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
            They're both actually on sale on eBay at the moment, though the price is rather high...boy am I glad I picked them up as soon as they came out.

Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon on eBay
            Stargate Atlantis: Exogenesis on eBay

But if you're willing to pay about quadruple the original price for them, then you'd best try to get them soon as other places have them in the £100 range. Strange that Fandemonium wouldn't just print some more...maybe if more people tried e-mailing them, they might see an increased demand?
            Dang. I should have kept that box of author copies I got instead of giving them away. I could have made a mint!

Seriously, though, if you'd like to see Fandemonium reprint earlier Stargate novels, drop them a line and let them know. If demand warrants it, I'm sure they'd consider going back to press.

Out Now:
            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            Twitter

Comment

I've been chasing Halcyon and Exogenesis for a couple of months now so I can fill the gaps in my collection, but I refused to part with over $100 for a paper back novel. Fortunately I couldn't sleep well one night last week and logged into ebay within ten minutes of someone putting the first eight books on sale as a 'buy it now' lot for $22. Looks like it was a power seller of secondhand books who had no idea how much the books are worth indvidually.

I now have my copies of Halcyon and Exogenesis and I'll resell the other six books in the lot (because I already have those). Seeing as The Chosen is now selling for big prices as well I not only have the books I wanted but should make a tidy sum as well. Sleepless nights pay off sometimes.

Comment

Wow! Congrats on the great score!

And I hear you about those sleepless nights and eBay. It's amazing what you can find with the right timing.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TenthDoctor View Post
                  Anyone else had trouble finding those? These are the only ones I'm missing from my collection, and I usually get them as soon as they're released; these two however seemed to have been snatched up quite quickly. I'm still looking though, eBay has Exogenesis listed at $158 and Halcyon isn't listed. Couple of websites I tried, it's not listed/out of print.
                  Halcyon is actually available again. You can get in on amazon.com and all other amazon websites in europe... also ebay hope this helps... it waas a special edition reprint, so may sell out quickly due to limited numbers... I got mine as soon as it got out

Comment

Hi Guys... Halcyon was put back in print... I wrote the publisher and seems a fan ordered a limited edition reprint so It will be available in a small quantity for a limited time... If your still missing the paper book and want to finish your series its your lucky day I found it on amazon and on ebay for a very good price for a limited edition... check it out

links if anyone is interested:
                    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905586558
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1905586558

Comment

Anyone interested in Stargate Novels/Fandemonium should check out the article on GW's home page about these books. Apparently they are all going to be republished in ebook form. And they will also be published in paperback form "on demand", which apparently means a book will be printed when ordered.

Comment

I got my copy of Halycon off Amazon, it cost a bit but it was not over the top expensive. Now I wish I had waited and gotten the print on demand book instead as I guess that would have been cheaper. It is good they are offering these books up as print on demand books though as so many want them.

Comment

I've been meaning to start picking up the SG1 and SGA novels for a while but wanted to get them in order and hadn't even thought about starting due to the high prices for these two books. Good to hear about them printing them on demand! Maybe its finally time to start picking up these books!

Comment

These were two of the books I was looking for and decided to just buy them as ebooks as they were only $4.99 each that way. Been transitioning over to all ebooks anyways and both were worth it to get this way. I think I have about half as books now and half as ebooks.

Comment

Working...
                            X