F-302's & Hyperdrives..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302's & Hyperdrives..

I'm not sure if there's already a thread about this..

Anyways, i was wandering, are the F-302's capable of hyperspace travel? Or was that function deemed too unsafe or unncessary seen as we have Daedalus class ships to transport them anyway? Just something that's bugged me. And i can't remember whether they have hyperdrives or not anymore.
    T'was odd though, something so small being fitted with a hyperdrive engine.
    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
    Woolsey: What does that mean?
    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

they dont have them only the X302 did the prottype one

threr are some diferences mainly the F302 is slightly smaller

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
      threr are some diferences mainly the F302 is slightly smaller
      When was this stated?

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Itb wasn't it was derived by scaling against people whos heights are known

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisco View Post
          I'm not sure if there's already a thread about this..

Anyways, i was wandering, are the F-302's capable of hyperspace travel? Or was that function deemed too unsafe or unncessary seen as we have Daedalus class ships to transport them anyway? Just something that's bugged me. And i can't remember whether they have hyperdrives or not anymore.
          T'was odd though, something so small being fitted with a hyperdrive engine.
          well of course the deadalus carreis them there hyperdirve whould never make it to the pegasus

and they have just the hyperdrive on the 302 2 can be the same fighter but I dont know and I was made as intersteller figther so I think they all have hyperdrive capable ( not sure) In the first time we saw it in season 6 and again in Fallen in season 7 of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
            well of course the deadalus carreis them there hyperdirve whould never make it to the pegasus

and they have just the hyperdrive on the 302 2 can be the same fighter but I dont know and I was made as intersteller figther so I think they all have hyperdrive capable ( not sure) In the first time we saw it in season 6 and again in Fallen in season 7 of sg-1
            Wa see it used twice once to dispose of the gate once to attack anubis both times its an X302 we have never seen it used on an F302 though its never been stated either way i find it unlikely it would also explain the slightly smaller fighter.

Comment

well, we COULD make a few hyperfighters incase earth gets fcked up again. y'know, to call in allies and such. but apparently we arent smart enough to do that. also, some railguns around SG program buildings is smart to do.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                well, we COULD make a few hyperfighters incase earth gets fcked up again. y'know, to call in allies and such. but apparently we arent smart enough to do that. also, some railguns around SG program buildings is smart to do.

but the fighter would have to be the size of at least a goauld cargo ship and then it wouldnt be really a fighter because being so large it would have lost some of its manuverability.

i think its more practical to just swipe a few cargo ships to contact allies because they even have cloaking devices withch would ensure their getaway to call for help.

also, what allies would we really call for? i mean the asgard are gone, the tollans are gone, the nox are pasivists, and the jaffa wouldnt really have been that much help because the ori pretty much destroyed what little government they had and they proboly wouldnt help us much anyway.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

the X-302 was pretty much identical to the F-302 so it wouldnt be that big...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    the X-302 was pretty much identical to the F-302 so it wouldnt be that big...
                    X-302 was a couple of feet bigger in each dimension not alot of extra size

Though for foghters i think a hyperdrive docking ring like the one is SW episode 2 is the best optoin.

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                      Though for foghters i think a hyperdrive docking ring like the one is SW episode 2 is the best optoin.
                      Intill someone swipes it and your left stranded also it adds another device to be detected.

Maybe have the 302's each carry a different part of the hyperdrive they attach to one another say 2 or 3 together and merge there parts to get there.

Or develop a craft like the raptor's of BSG and have them attach to fighters for hyperdrive and if you have a transporter on board the raptor esc vessel the pilot won't have to be sat in the cockpit all day.
                      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

was it still the X-302 when O'neill went into hyperspace to get past anubis's shields?

Comment

yup. X-302 is the experimental model, F-302 is the production model.

Comment

being able to fly through stargates is a good work around have gate capable fighters and something like the asuran satalite weapon to deploy them

Comment

well we have like 47 stargates in the void, so a fast gatesattelite would be usefull....

Comment

Working...
                              X