Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith - Missed oppurtunities

Hi,

Does anyone else think that the wraith as an adversory, was a bit of a missed oppurtunity?

In episode one, they were pretty scary and difficult to kill (though I wish they had made them even more difficult to kill).

I.E. they could have had some really cool CGI with say a wraith getting caught in a kawoosh from a stargate and half his body is vaporised. He then comes back to life, feeds on a couple of humans and the rest of his body regrows! That would have been cool.

Or even the mythology behind the whole human life force energy thing? Why must humans be any different to animals?

So here are my story ideas for the wraith that never were (some would require other storylines never existing).

1) The CGI wraith feeding and regrowing limbs thing (See above) could be used in part of an episode. Perhaps a super wraith!!
    2) Wraiths coming close to ascending or something
    3) Solitary wraiths that breed humans in captivity, we liberate them.
    4) Huge wraith space stations (i.e. hives the size of moons!! - Bit like the Borg unicomplexes)
    5) More technologically advanced human races that fight the wraith
    6) A gouald wraith combo
    7) More wraith attacking/finding way to earth episodes
    8) More wraith enzyme episodes - that storyline had legs. could have been great.
    9) More michael eps, could have told the whole last man story arc!! Obviously slightly differently but still...
    10) Space battles, not enough of them
    11) Chemical warfare - We start using chemical weapons to mess up their ships.
    12) The asurans (replicators) could have had a spy in the wraiths mists (don't know how they could get round the telepathy issue though)
    13) Wraith missing links - I.e. not very advanced wraith (bit like apes or something.. don't quite know how that would work)

So there you have it... THE WRAITH WERE ABANDONDED TO EARLY.

You're going to waste your words. Sad but true. People don't realize that, first, the amount of stuff that is typed on internet is huge, and completely dwarves in quantity and often in quality the content of the show itself, and secondly, your input will never make it to the screen, and you're basically giving ideas for free for people paid fortunes to pick when they want to and when they wish to write something a bit deeper.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Post these ideas to those who write in the fanfic section, who knows... perhaps there has already been a story or two covering your ideas.
      http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by amforster View Post
        Hi,

Does anyone else think that the wraith as an adversory, was a bit of a missed oppurtunity?

In episode one, they were pretty scary and difficult to kill (though I wish they had made them even more difficult to kill).

I.E. they could have had some really cool CGI with say a wraith getting caught in a kawoosh from a stargate and half his body is vaporised. He then comes back to life, feeds on a couple of humans and the rest of his body regrows! That would have been cool.

Or even the mythology behind the whole human life force energy thing? Why must humans be any different to animals?

So here are my story ideas for the wraith that never were (some would require other storylines never existing).

1) The CGI wraith feeding and regrowing limbs thing (See above) could be used in part of an episode. Perhaps a super wraith!!
        4) Huge wraith space stations (i.e. hives the size of moons!! - Bit like the Borg unicomplexes)
        6) A gouald wraith combo
        8) More wraith enzyme episodes - that storyline had legs. could have been great.
        9) More michael eps, could have told the whole last man story arc!! Obviously slightly differently but still...
        12) The asurans (replicators) could have had a spy in the wraiths mists (don't know how they could get round the telepathy issue though)
        13) Wraith missing links - I.e. not very advanced wraith (bit like apes or something.. don't quite know how that would work)

So there you have it... THE WRAITH WERE ABANDONDED TO EARLY.
        completely and utterly agree with everything there !!!!!!!! finally someone who speaks it !
        sigpic

Comment

The Wraith were great enemies. Would of loved to see a wraith/gould combo.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by amforster View Post
            Hi,

Don't think it works like that

I loved this idea and even wrote a fanfic for it once, i wasn't exactly a good writer back then so i ended up deleting it. I've given thought to rewriting it. But still, awesome idea

Could have been a cool episode, but technically you can say the entire Pegasus Galaxy is like that.

Dunno about this... A Hive would already make a great space station

Agreed, we got the hint of them in Ghost in the Machine but never saw them

6) A gouald wraith combo

I'm Meh on this one Goa'uld were supposed to be finished.

Another meh moment to me.

Could have, but alas.

Again, could have been great!

I'm indifferent to this.

YES! This would have been AWESOME

The Asurans could have been better made, alas... (You could always read Universal Sin )

Evolution? Meh.

Comment

Far too many for me to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                The Wraith were great enemies. Would of loved to see a wraith/gould combo.

Hmm... They could have had Todd in the main team !!! !

Comment

Working...
                X