New Base for Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Base for Movies

Ok so I understand they have torn down the SGC set. Not that big of deal since they could just put it back up for a movie. However I have a fear.

I think they might keep Atlantis on Earth. I think that will serve them easier in making future Stargate movies. They will no longer have to have SG-1 sets and Atlantis sets. They can just explain that stargate operations are now out of Atlantis on Earth and so there won't be "Atlantis" or "SG-1" movies. There will just be Stargate movies.

I am sure they will setup some base of operations in Pegasus. I think they will now use some quick fix to get rid of the Wraith in the next movie. Kind of like the Ark of Truth. That way they won't need such a substantial setup in Pegasus like Atlantis itself. Not gonna be a fan of this.

Although it would be cool once they get around to revealing the program and they get on the tv and say oh yeah, look at this and poof Atlantis de-cloaks while our battlecruisers; Odyssey, Apollo, Daedalus, Sun Tzu, and General Hammond all come in for a landing.

First off, might I suggest you ask a mod to add *SPOILERS* to the thread title? Not everybody has seen Enemy at the Gate.

As regards your post, I don't think Atlantis will remain on Earth for long. I also wondered if operations would be transferred from the SGC, and while there's a load of good reasons for doing this, I think TPTB are going to keep SG-1 and SGA separate for the time being. For one thing, not everybody who likes SGA likes or even watches SG-1, and vice versa.

Although it could be argued that Atlantis landing on Earth is the perfect reason for making the Stargate program truly international, as a precursor to revealing it.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Personally, I don't think they're going to wrap up the Wraith in the movie and as such I'm not so inclined to think they will leave Atlantis on Earth. Early details about the movie make it sound like they will be very much like the first two episodes of season 6 would've been. I'm sure they'll tweak the story now that the series is over, but I'm not inclined to think it will be anything dramatic and I don't doubt Atlantis would've returned to the Pegasus galaxy if it got picked up for another season.

More so, the Wraith aren't that big of a threat. The Ori storyline needed to be concluded because they weren't sure if they would ever get another movie to do it in and because the Ori were such a massive problem for the Milky Way that leaving them active behind the scenes would've had an effect on stories in other aspects of the Stargate franchise. However, the Wraith are limited to the Pegasus galaxy by now and can't reach Earth or Atlantis (should it return) unless the writers want them to. They can just continue their civil war while Atlantis continues its exploration of the galaxy until a movie comes around that forces them into conflict. They're a significant enough threat that I can see Earth agreeing to return to the Pegasus galaxy in force so that they can continue to work towards defeating them there before they reach the Milky Way on their own, but not significant enough to cause a problem if they continue doing things off screen.

Although, the idea that other underlings of Todd's might be working on interfacing ZPMs with Hives is something to worry about, but that is all the more reason to go back in force now. With a new base, it would never be as well defended as Atlantis, it would set them back quite a way as it would take some time to build even if they use a ZPM to send supplies through, it won't have the same kind of facilities readily accessable to help them with technology they found or plans to counter the Wraith, and it may result in the locals pulling their support of Earth. Atlantis' existence inspired people and the idea that Earth took it away for their own purposes (which I'm sure will get out eventually, one way or another) is something I'm sure won't sit well with a lot of them. Yet if Earth hopes to defeat the Wraith through a military campaign in the Pegasus galaxy they'll need support from the Travelers, the coalition, and anyone else they can rally to their cause.

Comment

Atlantis would be hard to cover up if they kept it on Earth wouldnt it?
        They couldnt keep the cloak on constantly and if they moved it out to sea or antarctica - boats are still likely to pass by it unless it was in the ice I guess..

Comment

Wouldnt it be a bit obvious if they sent ships into the middle of a river/lake then people just walk off?? and the SGC is much easier to operate. they should move atlantis to Mars lol or the moon
          [URL="http://www.cybernations.net/default.asp?Referrer=MightyMech"]

Comment

Yea i could be likely that Atlantis would become a new moon base or offworld base alltogeahter beacuse like they siad the Pegasus gate always takes the wormholes intead of the milkyway gate so that would effectivly shut down the SGC.
            sigpic

Comment

I say use the city ship from The Tower. It won't fly but it's got mostly intact systems AND tptb can reuse the same Atlantis set.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

how can we use the pegasus gate when the glyphs work in another galaxcy. atlantis gate would only be able to dial gates in pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo_Mechanic View Post
                  how can we use the pegasus gate when the glyphs work in another galaxcy. atlantis gate would only be able to dial gates in pegasus.
                  The glyphs on a Stargate represent positions in space, not actual constellations. Therefore, it is possible to reprogram the 'Gate (as they did in "Enemy at the Gate" for both Atlantis's and the Superhive's Stargates) so that the Pegasus glyphs stand for locations in the Milky Way. It is therefore possible to reprogram a Pegasus 'Gate to dial locations in the Milky Way (again, as they did in "Enemy at the Gate").
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

The Ori storyline needed to be concluded because they weren't sure if they would ever get another movie to do it in and because the Ori were such a massive problem for the Milky Way that leaving them active behind the scenes would've had an effect on stories in other aspects of the Stargate franchise.
                    Spoiler:
                    The Ori were stopped in the movie Ark of Truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X