X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Aus news....

Channel Seven gets Stargate Atlantis!

Sydney, Australia: A spokesman at Sydney's Channel Seven told Stargate News Australia today that they have purchased the rights to Stargate Atlantis and will commence transmission of the highly rated US/Canadian made scifi show "later in the year."
    Melbourne VIC Trying To Catch Up As Rest Of Aus Streaks Away

Melbourne Australia 1020am AET: Fans of Stargate SG-1 in Melbourne Victoria and to a lesser extent Adelaide South Australia could be forgiven for be just a little peeved at the lack of support of the program by the 7 Network

Somewhere in the past for whatever reason the screening of episodes of the US scifi show fell behind in parts Australia. An attempt to clear the 'backlog' was made when the network started televising two episodes a week straight after the 28rd Olympiad finished this year, and as each state reached Season 8 it dropped back to one episode.

All was going well until Stargate SG-1 was put back to one episode across the nation and moved to 1030pm on 25 November in a one off time change to make way for a special, when it returns on 2 December Melbourne VIC will stay at one episode per week leaving it nineteen episodes behind and Adelaide South Australia four episodes behind the rest of the country.

A spokeswoman at Channel 7 Melbourne told Stargate News Australia today that they are "trying to catch up to the other states" but "it [Stargate SG-1] is not as popular here [Melbourne VIC] as it is in some of the other states". When asked if Channel 7 Melbourne were going to drop back into two episodes weekly the spokeswoman said "it would be staying at one episode per week it may go back to 2 episodes in the future"

Sydney Australia 1036am AET: On the subject of 1 or 2 episodes a week a spokeswoman at Sydneys Channel Seven said there were no immediate plans to go back to 2 episodes a week (for the rest of the country) saying that "it [Stargate SG-1] will be staying as single episode until 16th December" (which will take us through to episode 9 Sacrifices ) but had no information after that date.

We asked if Stargate Atlantis would be starting any time soon and was told "we have no information on that but it would probably begin in the 2005 ratings period", which start in week 7, 06 FEB 05 to 12 FEB 05.

some good and bad news (sorry is posted already)link 1 link2

Hopefully it'll start soon.

Comment

Well there isn't that much of this year left so it would have to start next year. I'm just glad that we're actually going to see it

Comment

O im so gonna kill Channel7.
        Im in Melbourne and know pleanty of people who love Stargate.
        We have been forced into *cough*Downloading*cough* the epps off the
        internet to catch up to the rest of the world.

But good news on the season renewals for both shows

They better get their act together and air 3 epps a week to catch up or
        itll be years before we even see Atlantis.

Also whered u get the info from?

Comment

Originally posted by ILTB

i'm sick to death of channel 7's poor atitude. so what if stargate is lacking in melbourne. helloo, we've just entered the non-ratings season. what does it matter. they should go to 3 times a week because ratings don't matter anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ILTB

Also whered u get the info from?
            I already posted the links in the first post....

Comment

It's funny how "later in the year" becomes "Feb next year". It's also amusing how they say "it's staying 1 ep a week" but then also say "maybe 2 eps".

Why don't they just come out and say:

We don't know yet! Stop asking us!

BYE
              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

does channel 7 have an email address, or do you have to call them up

Comment

They use to have an e-mail address, but I think they don't anymore... You'll have to phone up. If anyone phones Seven can you ask if they've got the rights to 'Lost' and if so when they plan on showing it?

Comment

Am I behind or something because the episode on this week I will see is Avenger 2.0? Is that what everyone else is seeing this week?

Comment

We get Affinity tonight here in Brisbane, even though I saw it like 2 months ago.
                      "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

We must be a fair way behind then, because these eps are first runs. Does anyone know what is on in Melbourne this week?

Comment

Tomorrow in Sydney it's Effinity for us. Melbourne, it seems, is way behind.

BYE
                          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

That's Annoying! We're like a whole season behind!

Comment

Urgh I know

But at least it'll last longer

Can anyone from Melbourne please email me: [email protected]

I'm gonna try organise a big meetup sometime over summer in the city, all go and have lunch...and of course go to Minotaur!!

Anyone interested please email me, and feel free to bring friends!

Comment

Working...
                              X