This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC-304 in SGU

I know that it's been spoken about in many other threads but I want to focus on how to get a BC-304 to meet up with the Destiny
    My ideas are...
    1)Built a supergate in the same galaxy that the Destiny is in at that moment.
    (Would you bet on Sam and McKay not being able to built one?)

2)
    Spoiler:
    Wormhole drive featured in EatG installed in BC-304

It isn't impossible for them to perfect it.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Unfortunately, as much as i love the 304's, i just don't see it happening. They don't want to link this to the previous two shows that much, they want something new, an entity of it's own. As soon as you have Earth being able to rendevouz with the Destiny they stop being on their own and it will turn into Atlantis:On the Move.

Shame though, would love to see a big kick arse battle with a fleet of 304's against... well, whatever really!!!!

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
      I know that it's been spoken about in many other threads but I want to focus on how to get a BC-304 to meet up with the Destiny
      My ideas are...
      1)Built a supergate in the same galaxy that the Destiny is in at that moment.
      (Would you bet on Sam and McKay not being able to built one?)

2)
      Spoiler:
      Wormhole drive featured in EatG installed in BC-304

It isn't impossible for them to perfect it.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
      check out my wormhole drive onboard the destiny thread, you input is most welcome

Comment

No DSC-304's in SGU. We had them for 2 Seasons on SG-1 and 4 Seasons on SGA which was a spin off of SG-1.

SGU won't be a spin off so I doubt we'll see DSC-304's. Hopyfully..........Maybe near Mid show if its gets that far.

And no more Supergates..................and recycling old ideas. Lets have new ideas.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Well, some small problems...
          Yeah, okay, Sam and McKay could build a supergate(doubtful, but, okay, I'll give you that). They're not on the Destiny. Not to mention materials, power source...
          And with the wormhole drive, you need exact calculations(they'd have to know PRECISELY where the Destiny is) and, again, immense power.
          Also, it defeats the whole purpose of the series. They're STUCK THERE! If a 304 can get to them, they're not gonna leave a senator's daughter and some inexperienced soldiers on there. Why the hell is that so hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Well, some small problems...
            Yeah, okay, Sam and McKay could build a supergate(doubtful, but, okay, I'll give you that). They're not on the Destiny. Not to mention materials, power source...
            And with the wormhole drive, you need exact calculations(they'd have to know PRECISELY where the Destiny is) and, again, immense power.
            Also, it defeats the whole purpose of the series. They're STUCK THERE! If a 304 can get to them, they're not gonna leave a senator's daughter and some inexperienced soldiers on there. Why the hell is that so hard to understand?
            They can't build a normal Stargate........How the Hell r they going to build a Supergate?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
              No DSC-304's in SGU. We had them for 2 Seasons on SG-1 and 4 Seasons on SGA which was a spin off of SG-1.

SGU won't be a spin off so I doubt we'll see DSC-304's. Hopyfully..........Maybe near Mid show if its gets that far.
              I agree with not having them too early but I don't want it to be the end of the BC-304s in action.
              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

We can't build a normal gate so a supergate..... no.

Why would we want 304's? The point of the show is to see how we deal with being isolated in a new, alien environment with no way to contact/return home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                  I agree with not having them too early but I don't want it to be the end of the BC-304s in action.
                  we'll still see them in the movies...

Comment

To all those peolpe whining about a 304 meaning that they'd be able to go back and fourth to earth, stop and think for a moment.

It takes a 304 about 3-4 weeks to get to Pegasus without a Z.P.M
                    Now the Destiney would most likely be more then just a few Galaxies away (Hence the 9th Chevron to get there).
                    That means that it would at the very least take a few MONTHS for a 304 to catch up with them. That is assuming that the 304 new where the Destiney would be in a few months.
                    Now theres no way in Hell that a 304 will be able to carry enough surplies for its crew to make a round trip, as well as bring people back.
                    But then again the only way that a 304 could keep making trips between Earth and the Destiney would be if Earth knew where it would be at any given time, and every thing ran to a tight schedule, which I dout they could do.

If a 304 did join the Destiney it would most likely be a perminate addtion, as it would not be able to retune to Earth. I would most likely follow the Destiney around untill it made a hyperspace jump, at which point it would wait for the Destiney Crew to send a subspace message to them telling them were they are, before joining them.
                    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Well... about that we couldn't build super-gate and dial the 9th chevron because of the power needed:

1. Just like the Ori did - send some smaller pieces of super-gate through a normal gate and make them put themselves back together, the old super-gate should still be out there, so they wont have to build another one.
                      2.Just like the Ori did - tap in to the power of a black hole to power the thing...

PS. they had 2 super-gate btw and i don't remember any of them being destroyed!
                      Last edited by Edi; 14 January 2009, 06:14 AM. Reason: The PS. thing...
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't remember the super gate being destroyed, not even in the movie.

Comment

*SPOILER 4 EatG*

maybe the Odysseys "top secret mission" that was talked about in EatG is dropping people of on the destiny though why its top secret i don't know and i doubt it would be dropping people of for various plot reasons

my bet is the Odysseys secret mission is stealing tech from the ex-ori galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            I don't remember the super gate being destroyed, not even in the movie.

Season 9, episode called Beachhead. Vala destroyed the supergate with a tel'tac.

Comment

Yes, the super gate was destroyed in season 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X