My Theory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Theory!

My Theory on how Vegas ties in directly with Enemy at the Gates.
    This theory, in short, is that 'the Hive ship that attacked Earth three months ago in the episode Vegas, is the alternate universe version of the Hive ship that attacked earth in Enemy at the Gates.

My Theory in the longer from:
    We were all wondering in Vegas how there came to be only one Hive ship that knew the location of Earth. Well what if that Hive ship from Vegas was the alternate universe version of the huge Hive ship from Enemy at the Gate that attacked earth? This explains how the Hive from Vegas knew the location of earth. . . . simply the same way that the Hive from Enemy at the Gate came to know about it. This would mean, that the Vegas story has just started with Enemy at the Gate. Pretend for a moment that when the Hive ship (the ones with the ZPMs) that came to earth in EATG, before it was destroyed, dispatched a dart that crashed into Nevada, close to where Las Vegas is. (This makes sense because Area 51 is in Nevada.) The occupant of that Dart, would then escape from the middle of Nevada to Las Vegas, put on makeup every day, play poker to win a lot of money, and begin a quest to build a long-range transmitter that would send the location of Earth back to the Pegasus Galaxy.
    This also "explains" (Sort of explains) how Todd came to earth in Vegas. Because isn't Todd in earth at the end of Enemy at The Gates?
    This also brings up the "answer" as to how the ship from Vegas knew the location of Earth to begin with -- the same way the huge Hive with the ZPMs knew the location of Earth.

Now one problem I can think of is how did one dart escape through the ranks of the dozen 302s that were engaging the darts? After all, in Vegas we know when the 302s were fighting the darts it was in space. But perhaps one of the Wraith in one of the darts that crashed into area 51 beamed himself out of his dart before crashing. (We saw it in The Siege Part II)

What do you all think? Am I crazy? I didn't really know how to put my theory into words but I did my best.

(Moderators, I know there are a lot of random pointless threads in this folder, but I would appreciate if you didn't move this thread into "Enemy at the Gates General Discussion", because it would only get swallowed up in pages upon pages of discussion never to be heard from again.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

I bet that alternate universe was one of the universes from Ripple Effect

Comment

ehhhh.... the only reason the HIVE in EATG got the signal was because it had the ZPM... otherwise it was too weak.... therefor the probablity of a normal hive in Vegas recieving a similar signal is slim to none.....

Kinda makes sence but in the i end i don't think it works.
      67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

The implication of Vegas Rodney is that the signal wont reach their Pegasus galaxy but the signal would be heard in the other Pegasus galaxies via the Dimensional Rift.

For all we know the signal is already weak as it reaches our end of the chain of realities.

A lot stronger in those realities closer to the Vegas reality.

Also I get the feeling the dimensional rift is not in the Pegasus but in the Milky Way. (Or where Midway station was supposed to be.)

The Wraith used the dimensional rift as some sort of booster for the signal.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          I bet that alternate universe was one of the universes from Ripple Effect
          I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
            ehhhh.... the only reason the HIVE in EATG got the signal was because it had the ZPM... otherwise it was too weak.... therefor the probablity of a normal hive in Vegas recieving a similar signal is slim to none.....

Kinda makes sence but in the i end i don't think it works.
            What if the Hive from Vegas also had a ZPM?

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
              What if the Hive from Vegas also had a ZPM?
              It was easily destroyed with drones.... so doubtful
              67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

But Atlantis didn't fire that many drones; the drones in Vegas came from the chair and so there must've been many more.

Comment

i'm guessing the wraith in Vegas didn't have enough time to complete whatever it was he was doing to the device because he had to deal with sheppard...the bombers were about to destroy the trailer so he had no choice but to activate it and hope it worked as intended...

obviously, it didn't work as intended..instead, it somehow opened a Dimensional Rift...the signal instead of going to the Pegasus galaxy in the vegas reality, went through the rift and echoed throughout who knows how many realities...the signal which was weakened because of the rift, was picked up by the hive only because the zpm increased its sensors sensitivity...no other hive would have been able to pick up the signal unless it has a zpm....

Comment

Not that it opened a rift, the Rift was already open.

Zalenka with balls was pointing out that the Dimensional Rift was Rodney's fault.

Probably encountering one or more John Sheppards.

Makes you wonder if has something to do with a Dimension drive which one McKay built.

Comment

The probability of a normal Hive reaching Earth within a lifetime is slim to none. Unless that other Wraith somehow got his hands on inter-galactic technology he couldn't have reached Earth that quickly without several ZPMs. The only problem with this theory is; when did it start? To answer my own question, most likely either in an alternate Allies/No Man's Land or The Siege.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                        i'm guessing the wraith in Vegas didn't have enough time to complete whatever it was he was doing to the device because he had to deal with sheppard...the bombers were about to destroy the trailer so he had no choice but to activate it and hope it worked as intended...

obviously, it didn't work as intended..instead, it somehow opened a Dimensional Rift...the signal instead of going to the Pegasus galaxy in the vegas reality, went through the rift and echoed throughout who knows how many realities...the signal which was weakened because of the rift, was picked up by the hive only because the zpm increased its sensors sensitivity...no other hive would have been able to pick up the signal unless it has a zpm....
                        Well I'm not arguing that the Wraith in Vegas did not do it by accident.
                        My theory, to work, would include the Wraith Hive that "attacked Earth three months ago", in the episode Vegas, to also have a ZPM. I don't know how that Hive got it but that is simply what my theory includes.

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                        The probability of a normal Hive reaching Earth within a lifetime is slim to none. Unless that other Wraith somehow got his hands on inter-galactic technology he couldn't have reached Earth that quickly without several ZPMs. The only problem with this theory is; when did it start? To answer my own question, most likely either in an alternate Allies/No Man's Land or The Siege.
                        When did it start? I don't know. I don't know how the Hive from Vegas got it's ZPM that enabled it to come to earth in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                        X