Lantean Transport Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lantean Transport Ships

What on Lantea happened to the transports that made it back to Atlantis at the end of the war with the Wraith????

Surely they were not Intergalactic as look at the Aurora's-they were not so equipped. They should have been waiting stored away in the City somwhere's

they are parked in the plot hle at the back or a hangar

but serioulsy thats a realy good point im sure at least one made it to atlantis would have been too eas though i guess would be lik having a teltak at the SGC all the time

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

we don't know. My theory is that they couldn't land because the shield was up and under fire, so they used a matter energy transport once they got into Orbit. The Wraith blew them up from there.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
        What on Lantea happened to the transports that made it back to Atlantis at the end of the war with the Wraith????

Surely they were not Intergalactic as look at the Aurora's-they were not so equipped. They should have been waiting stored away in the City somwhere's
        Maybe they skudled them in the sea around Atlantis.
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
          we don't know. My theory is that they couldn't land because the shield was up and under fire, so they used a matter energy transport once they got into Orbit. The Wraith blew them up from there.
          Jumpers can go through the shields Also while Weir was there there was a lull in the Orbital attack as they were busy harvesting Ancients from the fleeing ships

Comment

Jumpers can go through the shields Also while Weir was there there was a lull in the Orbital attack as they were busy harvesting Ancients from the fleeing ships
            Right; we know from "First Contact" that Ancient ships had the ability to bypass the cityshield completely.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Right; we know from "First Contact" that Ancient ships had the ability to bypass the cityshield completely.
              I cant rember but did they ever show the ships?

Comment

no pictures, they are only spoken of by the ancients when wier traveled back in time.

i don't think they needed many of these "transport" ships given there extensive knowledge of the gate network, they would of known of gates on planets the wraith knew nothing about. the ancients make the network so they knew of every single gate in the galaxy they are much like the Gould in a way, they only know of gates that have human populations or are of some other significance to them.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer150 View Post
                  no pictures, they are only spoken of by the ancients when wier traveled back in time.

i don't think they needed many of these "transport" ships given there extensive knowledge of the gate network, they would of known of gates on planets the wraith knew nothing about. the ancients make the network so they knew of every single gate in the galaxy they are much like the Gould in a way, they only know of gates that have human populations or are of some other significance to them.
                  They must have either contained information they didnt want to fall into the wraiths hands a long with Atlantis and they scudled them or they were just to big to land on atlantis and did the same thing.

Comment

Maybee sent them out on auto pilot stuffed with bombs as a bit of a **** you to the wraith

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      "First Contact"? We've know that since "Rising"!
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

The transport ships were probably dimsantled. No point in keeping transport ships if there's no where to go, so they could have taken the necessary parts with them to Earth. In "Before I sleep" the Ancient woman mentions that the last of their transport ships is inbound, but it's destroyed before it reaches the city. So as far as we know no transport ship made it to Atlantis in the short time preceding the evacuation (in that short time they wouldn't have had time to dismantle one and our expedition would have found it). If a longer time period is taken into account than dismantling the ships is plausible.

So what I think happened is: in the last years of the war the Ancients saw no way to win so they started evacuating their offworld settlements via Stargate and transports. The time between the arrival points of two transport ships was something like weeks or months (inferior hyperdrive). The last transport ship (the one in Before I sleep) could have arrived weeks or months after the one before it so the Ancients had time to dismantle it.

Comment

Two minor points.

By the time Weir got to atlantis it was under water.

also to date we have not seen shields under attack allow a vessel to pass. The closet has been in Lifeline, where the Daedy under attack picks up a jumper.

Also remember Darts can't pass through shields. So there must be a reason why some can and others can't.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                            also to date we have not seen shields under attack allow a vessel to pass. The closet has been in Lifeline, where the Daedy under attack picks up a jumper.

Also remember Darts can't pass through shields. So there must be a reason why some can and others can't.
                            In lifeline it never shows the jumper coming onboard the apollo, the jumper probally waited until the other ship was destroyed before it came onboard. As jumpers have been said to not be able to get through the asgard shields.
                            and if you're saying that the darts can't get through atlantis' shield thats because atlantis' shield only lets jumpers through because theres some field around it that lets it get through the shield (the shield bypass.)

and it never says what it is or if it hasn't been shown? I've always thought the asuran ship that attacked the apollo in lifeline and over the gate in mortal coil was the transport ship. it doesn't look big enough to be a warship? Also these ships have a cloak and the transport ships are said to have a cloak in before i sleep.

Comment

I think they are probably where the Tria and the replicator ships are. Unknown and lost. Where the hell are the ships earth should have under their control? I mean zomg no power? They have utilized Naquaduah generators to ancient tech. And its been like a year or too. I mean they could easily have used the Daedalus hyperdrive and pulled Tria to earth or Atlantis. Also I would like to see the Pegasus Alpha site. It should be fully constructed and built by now. I wonder how much ancient tech is there.

Comment

Working...
                              X