Daedalus Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus Upgrade?

What is the DAedelus firing at the Wraith ship? I have only seen Atlantis up to season 3. I know from "Allies" and "NO MAn's LAnd" that the Daedelus had 'railguns'. I thought I saw something blue. WHen did this change occur?

Its the agard plasma beam weapons
    Spoiler:
    the Deadalus and Apollo was fitted with them mid season four, i think "Be all my sins remebered" was the first episode we saw them in atlantis. but the beams whwer first intruduced on the Oddesey in the last episode of SG-1 "unending"

They kick ass

Comment

Asgard beam weapons, they were retrofitted onto all (except the Odyssey, which received them from the Asgard personally at the end of Season 10 SG-1) Daedalus-class cruisers and in use by the middle of Atlantis' Season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by hermantheowl View Post
        What is the DAedelus firing at the Wraith ship? I have only seen Atlantis up to season 3. I know from "Allies" and "NO MAn's LAnd" that the Daedelus had 'railguns'. I thought I saw something blue. WHen did this change occur?
        In Stargate: SG-1, there was a powerful race of aliens called the Asgard. When their genetic cloning problem forced them into mass suicide in order to avoid a species-wide (and extremely painful) extinction, the Asgard High Council decided to gift all their technological knowledge to Earth, seeing as humanity had aided them in the past and been instrumental in preserving peace and freedom in the Milky Way. Among the upgrades we got were plasma weapons, which are far beyond our own capability to design and are extremely powerful, capable of ripping apart far more-advanced ships.

These weapons were retrofitted onto Earth's fleet for use against such enemies as the Ori and the Wraith.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
          Its the agard plasma beam weapons
          Spoiler:
          the Deadalus and Apollo was fitted with them mid season four, i think "Be all my sins remebered" was the first episode we saw them in atlantis. but the beams whwer first intruduced on the Oddesey in the last episode of SG-1 "unending"

They kick ass
          they kick ass but have trouble against upgraded wraith armour

nothing's to prevent another wraith from getting his hands on another bunch of zpms
          and if that happens the asgard won't be around to upgrade the beams or provide another new weapon ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            they kick ass but have trouble against upgraded wraith armour

nothing's to prevent another wraith from getting his hands on another bunch of zpms
            and if that happens the asgard won't be around to upgrade the beams or provide another new weapon ^_^
            Then they'll probably make the same mistake of having a Stargate aboard the Hive, and this time we will just chuck a Nuke through the Stargate rather than doing it the hard way and sending in a team in order to stretch the action out a bit, resulting in the rest of the episode being squeezed in to half the time it really needed.

Comment

Thanks. I thought the Asgard weapons were unique to the Odessey because I thought they required an ASgard COre. It is sad that those little grey aliens got "RAgnaroked." SO they did figure out how to make them.

Comment

Originally posted by hermantheowl View Post
                Thanks. I thought the Asgard weapons were unique to the Odessey because I thought they required an ASgard COre. It is sad that those little grey aliens got "RAgnaroked." SO they did figure out how to make them.
                The core isn't tied into the ship except for the hyperdrive, if I remember correctly. The Asgard weapons are easy to replicate on each ship, though the Odyssey benefits from the ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                  The core isn't tied into the ship except for the hyperdrive, if I remember correctly. The Asgard weapons are easy to replicate on each ship, though the Odyssey benefits from the ZPM.
                  The ZPM definitely helps.
                  sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Working...
                  X