making the stargate public thx to the asgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making the stargate public thx to the asgard

prior to making the stargate public establish a network of dozens of satellites, each one with a naquadah generator (using all the weapons grade naquadah from arkad's cargo ship) and an Asgard beaming module with remote activation system, imagine replacing all air ports with "beam ports" where 50-60 people stand in a circle on the ground and one of the staff activates one of the satellites in geo-synchronous orbit over the "beam port" and it beams the people up, stores them in the buffer then beams them down to another "beam port" you could potently travel from Washington state to Florida in the blink of a eye. Im sure it would piss of boeing and other plane makers but oh well lol. people wont care about the past secrets with the ability to travel around the world in seconds and now that all known threats have been eliminated, Go'uld, ori, replicators sure the wraith are still out there but in another galaxy and with no intergalactic hyper drive or location of earth they are about as harmful as a bag of kittens at least to the people of earth.

also the key to more super hives died with kenny so we don't have to worry about that.

keep in mind if the stargate goes public we could streamline our 304 building program, we could build them on the surface several at a time. we could be turning out like 3 ships a year after it goes public.

also we could build bigger or smaller different ships
    Last edited by boomer150; 12 January 2009, 08:31 PM.

no, those sattelites will SERIOUSLY hurt the economy.

instead, increase the 304 building capacity: lots and lots of extra labour for people.

not to mention the extra people for the program itself.

then, slowly start to introduce more advanced tech to the world: medical technology, work on a proper fusion program, kill NASA and replace it with our space force, etc

Comment

Saying they would disassemble Nasa is going a bit far. They would get main technology first since their main mission is to "pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery, and aeronautics research."

Each military would get a space program (IE. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Space).

Instead of making planes, they would make space ships.
      Visit my Website

Comment

well there certainly would be a leap in aircraft technology to atmospheric fighters, like the 302.

Comment

The aviation companies, such as Boeing and air bus would just change to help produce 302 and other fighters, possibly interstellar vessels for the civilian travel.

The transport system would be used, we have seen in sg1 that with the opportunity earth would implement beaming technology for civilian transport, the Achen model.

NASA is already on the way out, after all the tech the Military use! If anything NASA should just be incorporated with home world security and look into using the technology to create outposts and defensive satellites. Have they not been told about it before as they did rescue two damaged gliders?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            The aviation companies, such as Boeing and air bus would just change to help produce 302 and other fighters, possibly interstellar vessels for the civilian travel.

The transport system would be used, we have seen in sg1 that with the opportunity earth would implement beaming technology for civilian transport, the Achen model.

NASA is already on the way out, after all the tech the Military use! If anything NASA should just be incorporated with home world security and look into using the technology to create outposts and defensive satellites. Have they not been told about it before as they did rescue two damaged gliders?
            All that makes sense and I think NASA may know by now.
            I guess they could just gradually feed much of the stuff the SGC has gained over the years into the public domain until say they make up some story about creating an interstellar drive that happens to be able to travel to another galaxy millions of light years away in 18 days or create some cover story for the Stargate.

They don't necessarily have to make it a shockingly, scary thing but it would be epic for the population.
            I guess some of the conspiracy theorists may not believe it all happening over the course of just a few years, but as new things are learned that opens up new possibilities so it could be plausible to a point.
            I bet there are records of basic versions of the Asgard's tech in the knowledge base so they could just release some of that first, made using the matter converters.

In the How would you make the SG program go public? thread ianjones1246 & Flying Officer Bennett have made some very good points, which I think used together could also go together to make things as smooth as possible when it comes to the reveal.
            Here's the link in case anyone's missed it:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=53629&page=2

Comment

True it could hurt the economy but consider the millions of people that could get jobs mining off-world or building various ships and the ashen transportaion type termanal would be a good idea.

Comment

i remember that thread...i think i posted in it, should this thread be merged with that one?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boomer150 View Post
                  True it could hurt the economy but consider the millions of people that could get jobs mining off-world or building various ships and the ashen transportaion type termanal would be a good idea.
                  It would eventually be better to get rid of the monetary system as the Matter Converters would kinda make it obsolete and I doubt each of the races in the Great Alliance had money.
                  Make sure it's gradually phased into daily life, add in some safe guards against people in the general population being able to use it to make weapons and dangerous materials.
                  That way everyone can just work together to better Humanity, well at least the majority would eventually and you can just transport all of the trouble makers to detention centers, of course using a fair and just planetary legal system.

With these new pieces of technology many jobs would become obsolete, but I'm sure people doing things they don't like would be glad to be able to study and work in different fields.

Comment

well the first things i would implement:

Kill/merge nasa with the Gate program

Split the gate program into Spaceforce and Planetforce. planetforce=SG teams and all atmospheric stuff [jumpers, 302's], spaceforce=fleet.

remove the buffer from medical sciences currently implemented, and directly implement all new medical technology

mass produce medical scanners

give the police stunners/stungrenades

remove most of the current millitary and transform it to an SG age thing. IE, smaller, better tanks implementing railguns, better tech usage, etc

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      well the first things i would implement:

Kill/merge nasa with the Gate program

Split the gate program into Spaceforce and Planetforce. planetforce=SG teams and all atmospheric stuff [jumpers, 302's], spaceforce=fleet.
                      I guess you wouldn't need NASA as they would be inexperienced when it comes to actually getting out there in the Galaxy and local parts of the Universe.
                      Those individuals could just be retrained to use the new tech and incorporated into the new system.

remove the buffer from medical sciences currently implemented, and directly implement all new medical technology
                      I assume you mean the fact that stuff gained through the Stargate is a secret and not general testing of new treatments.
                      Tritonan could cure pretty much all diseases and can be made using the Matter Converters.

mass produce medical scanners
                      Like the ones the Ancients had in Atlantis or are you thinking of something else?
                      It may be hard to reverse engine Ancient tech, but I think in Points Of View (season 3 of SG1) the Asgard were able to bring General Hammond back from death, so they most likely had their own tech that worked really well.

give the police stunners/stungrenades
                      Would work fine, the police are always after none lethal weapons so they'd be happy and you could make better body armor or even personal shields for select specialized groups of them (like a kind of SWAT).

remove most of the current millitary and transform it to an SG age thing. IE, smaller, better tanks implementing railguns, better tech usage, etc
                      I guess you'd think being unified in the eventual pursuit of world-wide galactic and Universal exploration would make people focus less on themselves, inward threats and more on the bigger picture.
                      Police could be scaled up into a world-wide security force, Asgard transporters could be commanded on cue to beam out threats with a high-tech satellite system.
                      You could even have a Tollan style shielded plasma cannon network, create huge shield emitters throughout various blocks of major cities for protection from space based threats and activate them at a moment's notice.
                      Have a network of long range sensor satellites in orbit that could monitor at least a few thousand light years of hyperspace in all direction from Earth or just role into the ground based weapons.

Comment

look: i mean that, the people at NASA arent stupid. they have good tech and knowledge, so we can teach them OUR level of tech and make em much better.

Medical scanners? well i bet the asgard have something aswell. but yea, basically the same as atlantis has.

USA millitary, not planetery wide. or USA, no i mean the IOA countries. i mean, tanks and helicopters and most modern fighters are obsolete. when fighting 302's, they could just get into orbit and kill you, while you are inside their range and they outside yours.

Cityshields wont work: costs too much power which costs too much naquahdah. we should focuss on using SG tech to make ITER work fine[fusion reactor program].

if ITER is economical and viable, then the powerproblem is solved. no naquahdah needed, just several massive Fusion reactors. Jupiter is rich of hydrogen, so we could just get it from there

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          look: i mean that, the people at NASA arent stupid. they have good tech and knowledge, so we can teach them OUR level of tech and make em much better.
                          I didn't think they were stupid, just inexperienced with SG level tech, but could learn pretty quickly about that stuff.

Medical scanners? well i bet the asgard have something aswell. but yea, basically the same as atlantis has.
                          Sounds good.

USA millitary, not planetery wide. or USA, no i mean the IOA countries. i mean, tanks and helicopters and most modern fighters are obsolete. when fighting 302's, they could just get into orbit and kill you, while you are inside their range and they outside yours.
                          I see what you mean, but the stuff I mentioned was just how I saw things going eventually.
                          I guess in the mean time you could do all those you've suggested and leveling off the IOA countries and perhaps those that can be trusted with things like the 302s could work fine.

Cityshields wont work: costs too much power which costs too much naquahdah. we should focuss on using SG tech to make ITER work fine[fusion reactor program].
                          I think city shields are a viable option after a few years of production, can be powered off of Subspace Taps, construct them on the outer edges of a city, perhaps a few every few kilometers and use a system like Atlantis with certain ones projecting the field, while some rest, well you know about that stuff.

I don't see why if more and more people in each country are finding about the SG technologies they couldn't do both creating the Fusion generator and shield technologies.

if ITER is economical and viable, then the powerproblem is solved. no naquahdah needed, just several massive Fusion reactors. Jupiter is rich of hydrogen, so we could just get it from there
                          I think I read something somewhere about Fusion reactors being able to provide something like 5 or 10 times the power they consume, I'm not sure if that's right but it sounds pretty cool to me, so I don't have a problem with that.
                          Asgard versions of the technology, if they had them would probably be better than anything we'd build in the beginning or what about NIGs on a planetary scale as it's gotta be safe if the Asgard used them?

Comment

ITER is the program that is developing Fusion generators. the only problem right now, is that it consumes more than it delivers. with SG tech, it can be low-energy consuming and high-energy generating. not to mention deuterium is much more common than naquahdah. so no matter if naquahdah delivers 1,000,000 more power per gram, Fusion will be a better alternative. although current earth can easily live off the power of a single ZPM

Comment

Originally posted by boomer150 View Post
                              And what about the contractors?

Comment

Working...
                              X