Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone noticed that...

Hey did anyone notice some that :

1 - Todd said that he put his scientist to find a way to interface the Zed PM with the hive ship but don't the Wraith already know how to interface a ZPM with Wraith tech? Remember (and ironically so), it was Todd who told us in S4 Ep. 12's Spoils Of War that the Wraith managed to interface a ZPM with their cloning facilities with managed to get them to multiply hundred fold thus tipping the balance against the Ancients. It seems weird that they would need to research how to tap a ZPM since they already know how to do it.

2 - A Hive Ship needs the extra power to grow. Okay, that is one thing. But what is it growing with? A Hive Ship is an organic thing and it's basically alive. You can't just grow on electrical energy alone. You need material to absorb and grow. You don't even need a rocket scientist to tell you that.

3 - They (Atlantis / Asurans / Wraith) keep tying power with everything, including the sublight engine systems or the stardrive. In short the propulsion system. But propulsion systems need something to burn. Electrical energy is not used.

I can still go along with my suspension of belief with No. 1 but No. 2 and 3 are a bit difficult to put aside. What do you all think?

Well for the first one, just cause they could interface a ZPM with a cloning facility, doesn't mean it would automatically work for a hive ship as well. That's like saying because your flash drive works on your computer, you could just plug it into your car too.

Perfecto!

Comment

well, yeah that kind of true but still the mechanics of taping the energy would be more or less the same. I mean the concept of drawing the energy would be more or less the same. Anyhow, No. 1 is not really bugging me as much as No. 2 and No. 3

Comment

Originally posted by PantheraLeo View Post

2 - A Hive Ship needs the extra power to grow. Okay, that is one thing. But what is it growing with? A Hive Ship is an organic thing and it's basically alive. You can't just grow on electrical energy alone. You need material to absorb and grow. You don't even need a rocket scientist to tell you that.
        Considering that Hive Ships are grown, and more importantly can heal themselves, I think they have all the material within it to get larger/stronger.

3 - They (Atlantis / Asurans / Wraith) keep tying power with everything, including the sublight engine systems or the stardrive. In short the propulsion system. But propulsion systems need something to burn. Electrical energy is not used.
        How does an electric car work? You don't have to burn things to get energy; you can get energy from practically anything.

Comment

How does an electric car work? You don't have to burn things to get energy; you can get energy from practically anything.
          An electric car doesn't really burn anything. Chemical energy in the cells are converted into electrical energy which are used to turn the wheels. There is no propulsion involved.

It's different.

Comment

Wait, are you saying that you think the Wraith use chemical rockets for propulsion?

I'm not sure what the problem is here. They're advanced alien engines; who knows how they really work and what extra power means for them.

Comment

well, we did see in the episode Infection that hives have thrusters which certainly use propulsion.

[QUOTE]I'm not sure what the problem is here. They're advanced alien engines; who knows how they really work and what extra power means for them.[/QOUTE]

We can't just make up something from nowhere. There has to be an at least plausible sounding explanation. Anyhow, ion propulsion (as we know it) is quite weak The most logical thing is that they're using regular propulsion too.

Comment

You do realize that NO engines in Stargate has plausible explanations, right? At least none that allows the ship to go faster than light. It's all technobabble.

What's "regular" propulsion?

Comment

I'm assuming you don't actually know the definition of propulsion...

Propulsion: 1. The act driving forward or away; the act or process of propelling; as, steam propulsion.

The fact that an electric car moves via its own components would indicate that it is self-propelled.

That being said, I'm assuming that you have never heard of Field Resonance Propulsion? The ability to apply more energy to a field resonance propulsion system would allow a ship using said method to move faster.

http://keelynet.com/energy/holt1.htm

That's a report by NASA on the concept.

Comment

Yes you do... but considering that the Wraith can build and repair Hive ships one could resonably assume that they have ready access to the required nutrients.

Wraith vessels are liekly powered by energy provided by the Hives metabolism what said metabolism is based on we do not know but again sustaining it does not seem to be a issue for the Wraith, plus they have a ZPM (was it stated that the Hive only had one or might it of had more?) so that would help with any power requirments.
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                    X