This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA shorter intro

Why did the SGA episode opener intro thing become drastically shorter midway through S5?? Were those extra 20 seconds or so that crucial to allow more Keller air time??
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Why did the SGA episode opener intro thing become drastically shorter midway through S5?? Were those extra 20 seconds or so that crucial to allow more Keller air time??
    I missed the real credits. At least they could've been showed for Enemy At the Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
      I missed the real credits. At least they could've been showed for Enemy At the Gate!
      Agreed. I've no idea why they shortened the credits in the first place.

Comment

As silly as it sounds (and I never really paid much attention to opening creditds), but condensing it that much cheapened the show in my opinion. It made it feel less professional for some reason. Maybe thats just me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          More commercial time for SciFi
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not real sure but in my opinion the shortened intro was maybe done for more commercial time. Just a thought.
            There are only 10 types of people in the world
            Those who understand binary
            and those who don't.

Comment

I hate the short intro makes it feel cheep, don't know why but it does. The music with the images is just awesome. I hope they add them back in with the S5 DVD's.

Comment

Originally posted by bentdog View Post
                I hate the short intro makes it feel cheep, don't know why but it does. The music with the images is just awesome. I hope they add them back in with the S5 DVD's.
                I do too.

Comment

i didnt really cared...i have a DVR.....=p

Comment

They were there at the beginning of the season. They disappeared after announcing the show was canceled. Probably not a coincidence.

Comment

This topic keeps popping up. I know I'll sound like a broken record so forgive me those who have read it before. The short intro is an apparently customized intro for Sci-Fi who apparently wanted extra commercial time. The same episodes air here in Canada 3 days later on Movie Central with the full intros. And the full intros will be on the DVDs as well.

And since 3 days later is tonight (Monday), please excuse me while I prepare to watch the Atlantis finale in 45 minutes. Soon I'll no longer have to dodge all the 'spoilers' on this forum as I've been doing for the last 3 days.
                      My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I may be way off base here, but I seem to recall Joe Mallozzi saying somewhere that the reason behind the shorter intro was to keep the audience interested, and that the longer intro hampered that interest. I found it funny because Joe then went on to mention that they did the shorter intro and then went to commercial which sort of defeated the purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                          This topic keeps popping up. I know I'll sound like a broken record so forgive me those who have read it before. The short intro is an apparently customized intro for Sci-Fi who apparently wanted extra commercial time. The same episodes air here in Canada 3 days later on Movie Central with the full intros. And the full intros will be on the DVDs as well.

And since 3 days later is tonight (Monday), please excuse me while I prepare to watch the Atlantis finale in 45 minutes. Soon I'll no longer have to dodge all the 'spoilers' on this forum as I've been doing for the last 3 days.
                          Yeah I recall a thread about this popping up a few months ago, there may have even been some created before as in what I think was called the 10 second intro thread people said about it happening in an earlier season which may have been season 2 when it aired on Sci-fi in the US.

TBO ever since I watched the first episode with the intro in I've been skipping it, the same goes for SG1 when I watched it on my DVDs.

I'm sure the full intro will be put back into the season 5 SGA DVDs as this is what apparently happened with season 2 of SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
                            I may be way off base here, but I seem to recall Joe Mallozzi saying somewhere that the reason behind the shorter intro was to keep the audience interested, and that the longer intro hampered that interest. I found it funny because Joe then went on to mention that they did the shorter intro and then went to commercial which sort of defeated the purpose.
                            And I guess Joe knows how much we all enjoy commercials.
                            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              More commercial time for SciFi
                              Who cares how many commercial breaks are in the show 2-3 are enough.
                              And I hope when Season 5 comes to Dvd there are full credits and intro.
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X