Earth Ecosystem #Enemy@Gate Spoilers#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Ecosystem #Enemy@Gate Spoilers#

atlantis has been stated as the approx. size of Manhattan based on office space (tho it doesnt look it). wouldnt the water level go way up too and mess with the ecosystem when it landed?? the same can be said for their landing after re-entry, something that size must make a wave of tsunami proportions-look at the wave made when they landed at the end of Lifeline 4x02, it was huge and they had thrusters to slow thier speed for that. when it happened at the end of Enemy, they were practicaly falling from the sky with their depleated ZPM.
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Atlantis may be big, but it is nowhere near big enough to raise the sea level any significant amount. I do agree about the wave it should have made on landing though. My only guess is that Beckett was somehow able to slow the city down a lot more than Sheppard did in Lifeline and was able to touch down much more gently. He did seem to do a good job of flying the the city IMO.
    sigpic

Comment

Carson was alright at flying the city, although he could have fired a lot more Drones at the Hive.
      I don't think the ZPMs were actually fully depleted it's just that the city took damage from the Hive and at the end Sheppard didn't say they were out of power, or imply that they wouldn't have the power to go back to Pegasus on Atlantis.
      Atlantis was probably just dragged down by Earth's gravity after going through the atmosphere, it must have had enough power for the thrusters to slow it's decent enough to prevent the water displacement from creating a fast moving tidal wave.
      The water level around the coastal areas probably went up a bit though.

Comment

i cant help but wonder what would of happened if Sheppard was in the chair

Comment

look its simple: in Lifeline, they worked with atlantis in a way it wasnt supposed to: one ZPM, lots of failsafes bypassed, etc.

in EATG, beckett was in the chair, yes. but he had 3 ZPM's, and after that battle, all power could go to the engines. it didnt need a shield after re-entry, suggesting it DID skim the water like a leaf, unlike sheppard's crashing.

Comment

Working...
          X