Atlantis :biggest Scientific Research Center/weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis :biggest Scientific Research Center/weapon

Now that Atlantis is back on Earth what do you think they are going to do with it

There are a lot of things that the IOA, USA, SGC, and others would want to do with it so what do you think is going to happen to it?

Here is just a small list of ideas that I came up with off the top of my head

1. New SGC for Earth

2. America's new toy (weapon)

3. Scientific center for a new generation
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Now that Atlantis is back on Earth what do you think they are going to do with it

There are a lot of things that the IOA, USA, SGC, and others would want to do with it so what do you think is going to happen to it?

1. New SGC for Earth

4. Send it back to Pegasus to continue the fight against the Wraith.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'd put a spoiler warning in the topic and it needs moving to the episode discussion folder

Anyway if it wasn't a TV show I'd say it would be kept on Earth as a defence platform and as an replacment SGC.

However in the show it will probably end up back in Pegasus...

spoilers for the Atlantis DVD movie
      Spoiler:
      The discussion of its fate will form part of the first Atlantis movie
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        4. Send it back to Pegasus to continue the fight against the Wraith.

Agreed.
        sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

for all writing intents and purposes, it will probably return to Pegasus, but the idea of it becoming a new SGC is certainly amusing.
          "The universe is vast, and we are so small. In the end, there is only one thing we can truly control. Whether We are good or evil."

Comment

Hey guys !

Moved ,and retitled your thread with the spoiler warning to free up your discussions here.

Bagpuss
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

My bad I thought you didn't have to put up spoilers after the episode aired on TV

But anyways I don't think they will have Atlantis return without a good reason thought, I mean there is no way the IOA would allow it back unless the wraith had some new super weapon and we needed all the ships we have available I just can't think of a reason why it would be going back at all
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

My bad I thought you didn't have to put up spoilers after the episode aired on TV

But anyways I don't think they will have Atlantis return without a good reason thought, I mean there is no way the IOA would allow it back unless the wraith had some new super weapon and we needed all the ships we have available I just can't think of a reason why it would be going back at all
                PTB are going to have to come up with a REALLY good reason for Atlantis returning to Pegasus. There's no way the IOA would let it go without a good reason.

I vote for the Wraith to do something in Pegasus that requires our intervention, IOA refuse to let the city go so Sheppard & Co steal the city and take it back anyway.
                They get away with out a court martial as usual and there isn't enough power left to bring Atlantis back to Earth afterwards.
                The status quo is restored.

Will probably never happen but just a thought!

Comment

This isn't exactly episode speculation, but movie speculation, no? As the fate is to be decided in the movie, not in the episodes itself, since that's over now.

*Looks at adapted title*

Yup.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Hasn't aired in the UK yet. Once the episode has aired in both the US and the UK shows have been aired - the spoiler thing can come off i think, right?

Kinda sucks for everyone else who watches from other countries, but the US and UK air dates are the most important and close together with only a week in seperation.

Anyways, I'm thinking there'll be a certain event in the Pegasus galaxy where the wraith are causing havoc and Atlantis is returned to deal with them, its a cruddy plot - but it'll probably happen

Comment

1. New SGC for Earth

I think it will, or at least SHOULD become an international Stargate Command.

It is NOT America's.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        I think it will, or at least SHOULD become an international Stargate Command.

It is NOT America's.
                        Well, let's apply the basic human logic; Americans found it, working for the American military, and mainly American lives and weapons have been used to defend it thus far.

By all accounts, yes, the United States should at least get to control the city. Granted, international troops and oversight should be in place, but America should get the final say on a lot of things concerning the city and its fate; they paid the blood, sweat, and tears to protect it, not Britain, not France, not Russia, and not China.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          Well, let's apply the basic human logic; Americans found it, working for the American military, and mainly American lives and weapons have been used to defend it thus far.

By all accounts, yes, the United States should at least get to control the city. Granted, international troops and oversight should be in place, but America should get the final say on a lot of things concerning the city and its fate; they paid the blood, sweat, and tears to protect it, not Britain, not France, not Russia, and not China.
                          No no no.

The main CAST is American (and Canadian). But the rest of the expedition distinctly shows a whole host of other nations on board.

America did not find it, the team working at Antarctica was international. Daniel may have made the break through, but being an American part of an international team does not equate to an American discovery.

The US controlling the city is a massive step backwards - it's always been international and should remain so. Granted the US appear to have contributed the military personnel for (what appears to be) the most part... but now that it's on Earth, it's entirely conceivable things will change.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post

Agreed.

Now that its back...Who cares. There are many other galaxies in trouble. It is not our concern

Comment

1. New SGC for Earth

Regrettably keeping Atlantis on Earth would be very self-centered, but then we are descended from the Ancients and look at how well that turned out.

We don't need a new SGC. Got one. We have a gate already so having two gates on earth is redundant.

A toy? Well, yes, I'm sure some folks in politics will try to sell it off to the highest bidder

Science center? It's not a tourist trap (although someone will try to turn it into one, no doubt).

No, Atlantis belongs back in the Pegasus Galaxy. It's not like the Wraith are gone, after all...

Comment

Working...
                              X