X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explaining the Dart Battle Over Nevada

This came up in another thread, so I thought others could weigh in too:

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
    Not to mention that Area 51 isn't too far from Vegas, surely someone would have seen one or two of the hundreds of darts that came out of the sky.
    : Hi General Jack O'Neill here on CNN. On behalf of the US Government I have a big confession to make... errr, um due to a certain Sergeant Siler's scheduling mix-up, the US Airforce-sponsored New Year's Eve Air & Fireworks show outside of Las Vegas, Nevada was accidentally performed a week late... and in the middle of the afternoon...

Reporter: Why is this the first we're hearing of this Airshow?

: Well... Siler was also in charge of publicizing the event. I understand he had printed out fliers and was all geared up to hand them out, but another mishap... and he fell down a staircase... so they never made it into general circulation... And that's... that

(Jack walks off stage and leaves)
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Weather Balloon.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Weather Balloon.
      War games.
      sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

War games.
        ...with alien fightercraft?
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          ...with alien fightercraft?
          With new, top secret experimental aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
            With new, top secret experimental aircraft.
            That are clearly made of organic material and shoot blue bursts of plasma?
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It's our new "green" fighter. Hey even the military needs to be environmentally cautious.
              sigpic

Comment

How would anything be clear? People would be watching an air fight from miles away with the aircraft moving at hundreds, probably thousands of miles an hour. Just like UFO's today, plausible deniability isn't hard to feign.

Comment

It's our new "green" fighter. Hey even the military needs to be environmentally cautious.
                  ...I hate you haha.

Comment

...I hate you haha.
                    I knew you would like that one.
                    sigpic

Comment

In a training exercise, we lost several good men, due to a snafu that placed live weaponry on everyones planes. Our condolences go out to the good men and women lost (who's names are being withheld pending notification of their next of kin) and new proceedues are being put in place to ensure this does not happen again. The USAF appologizes to anyone who may have had pieces of wreckage fall on their land, and thank them for their cooperation in the clean up process.

Comment

"Experimental aircraft socialization and intimidation testing pre-flight." Isn't that the usual BS?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Actually, would the wide-spread public have seen it? Isn't Area 51 supposed to be isolated except for a few UFO nuts? Who'd trust them?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Actually, would the wide-spread public have seen it? Isn't Area 51 supposed to be isolated except for a few UFO nuts? Who'd trust them?
                            But somebody would have seen something while they were flying down towatd Area 51 anyone could have seen them with the naked eye, I mean I see planes and helicopters flying by all the time that aren't that close to me.

Perfecto!

Comment

how about it was a training exercise... but you know we f***ked it up

Comment

Working...
                              X