How should the Atlantis Movie open? spoilers for any SGA eps possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should the Atlantis Movie open? spoilers for any SGA eps possible

I think it should start out with some kids playing around and throwing rocks off of the Golden Gate Bridge, and unknown to them one of the rocks pelts McKay in the head .

Yours?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

I vote something similar to Rising. There's no need to mention that

EatG Spoilers

Spoiler:

Atlantis used to be in Pegasus, if you demonstrate that it was on at some point and is simply, the Lost City of Atlantis,

most newcomers will cotten on quite quickly.
    And that I think, is very important. Focus on Atlantis simply being the Atlantis from Earth legend.

Maybe start with a sweeping camera over the ice, pan through the city as it was back in the days of the Ancients, show them at work, and then fade to an abandoned Atlantis, submerged, and then fade again to present day personnel exploring the city, catalouging, researching, etc. And then start the main plot with a quic explanation to a member of the IOA as to why Atlantis is here and what not.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It should open with one of those long continuous swooping shots like in Continuum or Serenity; reintroducing most of the cast in their day to day lives.

The city will probably have returned to pegasus offscreen.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
        It should open with one of those long continuous swooping shots like in Continuum or Serenity; reintroducing most of the cast in their day to day lives.

The city will probably have returned to pegasus offscreen.
        I certainly hope so for the first statement, and I sincerely hope not and indeed, believe that's not going to be the case for the second.

With Atlantis back on Earth, why the hell would the I.O.A. ever let it go?” Mallozzi revealed yesterday. “And if it remained, which, by all indications seemed likely, what would become of its occupants, especially Ronon and Teyla? Also, with a permanent station in the Milky Way, wouldn‘t Atlantis, logically, cease to be a launch point for gate travel and, instead, become a research center for Ancient technology?”

This idea will instead serve as the set-up for the Atlantis movie, currently being scripted by Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.
        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...ght-have-been/

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          NOOO!!!! I wanted a battle......
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            NOOO!!!! I wanted a battle......
            A battle?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope so for the first statement, and I sincerely hope not and indeed, believe that's not going to be the case for the second.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...ght-have-been/
              I didn't exactly want that to happen but my estimations of the writer's abilities after EatG made me think such a short cut was possible or even likely, glad to hear this is not the case.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

I think with a show of some Wraith on Earth. All those darts weren't destroyed, were they? Who is to say none crashed or landed and are still there on Earth?

Comment

^I like the show it in the distant past comments up there

Itd be nice if it gave some of the events of the show, but that would be a difficult montage to come up with. Maybe while that was running wed get a nice narration recap of a cast member explaining the shows lore to an IOA noob. Who always does the 'previously on' on SGA? Is it Teyla? It should be her.

It would be sweet if they did a fly over of Sanfrancisco out across the bay, through the cables of the bridge, out past the naval cordon, then kind of a hazy mist out of nowhere then a GIANT panoramic vista of the city. Like you just flew thru the cloak.

Might be nice to see people walking around outside the city on decks or bridges or something, to give a sense of the scale we never got to see on the show.
                  Last edited by kymeric; 11 January 2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I vote something similar to Rising. There's no need to mention that

EatG Spoilers

Spoiler:

Atlantis used to be in Pegasus, if you demonstrate that it was on at some point and is simply, the Lost City of Atlantis,

most newcomers will cotten on quite quickly.
                    And that I think, is very important. Focus on Atlantis simply being the Atlantis from Earth legend.

Maybe start with a sweeping camera over the ice, pan through the city as it was back in the days of the Ancients, show them at work, and then fade to an abandoned Atlantis, submerged, and then fade again to present day personnel exploring the city, catalouging, researching, etc. And then start the main plot with a quic explanation to a member of the IOA as to why Atlantis is here and what not.
                    Get to see Weir again
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I like the idea of it picking up right after the battle in EATG. I mean just hours after it.
                      sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

I think the opening credits should follow a drone as it is fired from atlantis up through the atmosphere and into space. As the final credit fades away the drone explodes against the hull of a hive ship. Then you see more drones firing as the camera reveals scores of hives in orbit along with several Earth ships in a huge battle. After several minutes it flashes back to a week or so earlier and shows why the IOA allowed Atlantis to return to the PG and why this massive fleet is attacking.

Perfecto!

Comment

That might work. And it would be great to see atlantis fly back to pegasus as we realise we need to end the wraith threat once and for all.

Comment

I think the movie should open showing an unusually busy Atlantis, like the Rising opening Antarctic outpost scene (with Grodin studying the drone, Weir, Mckay, beckett scene, etc.), but not like the opening scene of Continuum. MAybe it could show many more personnel, including some IOA personnel, unpacking and doing other things.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

On the streets of San Francisco, Sheppard, Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon are walking around, bantering and stuff; if you didn't know this was Stargate, you'd think it was just a normal movie about 4 buddies crusing around town.

Then, they enter some shop, get to the back, opens a door, and reveals a transport closet. With it, they are transported back to Atlantis. They then comment on how convenient it has been since they managed to move one of those things out of the city.

Then other things happen.

If they wanted to have the movie about revealing the Stargate to the public, I always thought it'd be cool to start with a news report talking about a huge alien city that's landed outside San Fran, but I don't think they're going to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X