PDA

View Full Version : How should the Atlantis Movie open? spoilers for any SGA eps possible

Ripple in Space
January 11th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I think it should start out with some kids playing around and throwing rocks off of the Golden Gate Bridge, and unknown to them one of the rocks pelts McKay in the head :P.

Yours?

Flyboy
January 11th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I vote something similar to Rising. There's no need to mention that

EatG Spoilers

Atlantis used to be in Pegasus, if you demonstrate that it was on at some point and is simply, the Lost City of Atlantis,

most newcomers will cotten on quite quickly.
And that I think, is very important. Focus on Atlantis simply being the Atlantis from Earth legend.

Maybe start with a sweeping camera over the ice, pan through the city as it was back in the days of the Ancients, show them at work, and then fade to an abandoned Atlantis, submerged, and then fade again to present day personnel exploring the city, catalouging, researching, etc. And then start the main plot with a quic explanation to a member of the IOA as to why Atlantis is here and what not.

Crazedwraith
January 11th, 2009, 03:10 PM
It should open with one of those long continuous swooping shots like in Continuum or Serenity; reintroducing most of the cast in their day to day lives.

The city will probably have returned to pegasus offscreen.

Flyboy
January 11th, 2009, 03:13 PM
It should open with one of those long continuous swooping shots like in Continuum or Serenity; reintroducing most of the cast in their day to day lives.

I certainly hope so for the first statement, and I sincerely hope not and indeed, believe that's not going to be the case for the second.

With Atlantis back on Earth, why the hell would the I.O.A. ever let it go?” Mallozzi revealed yesterday. “And if it remained, which, by all indications seemed likely, what would become of its occupants, especially Ronon and Teyla? Also, with a permanent station in the Milky Way, wouldn‘t Atlantis, logically, cease to be a launch point for gate travel and, instead, become a research center for Ancient technology?”

This idea will instead serve as the set-up for the Atlantis movie, currently being scripted by Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/01/season-six-that-might-have-been/

lordofseas
January 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM

NOOO!!!! I wanted a battle......

Flyboy
January 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
NOOO!!!! I wanted a battle......
A battle?

Crazedwraith
January 11th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I certainly hope so for the first statement, and I sincerely hope not and indeed, believe that's not going to be the case for the second.

I didn't exactly want that to happen but my estimations of the writer's abilities after EatG made me think such a short cut was possible or even likely, glad to hear this is not the case.

sinfuldraconis
January 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I think with a show of some Wraith on Earth. All those darts weren't destroyed, were they? Who is to say none crashed or landed and are still there on Earth?

kymeric
January 11th, 2009, 05:08 PM
^I like the show it in the distant past comments up there

Itd be nice if it gave some of the events of the show, but that would be a difficult montage to come up with. Maybe while that was running wed get a nice narration recap of a cast member explaining the shows lore to an IOA noob. Who always does the 'previously on' on SGA? Is it Teyla? It should be her.

It would be sweet if they did a fly over of Sanfrancisco out across the bay, through the cables of the bridge, out past the naval cordon, then kind of a hazy mist out of nowhere then a GIANT panoramic vista of the city. Like you just flew thru the cloak.

Might be nice to see people walking around outside the city on decks or bridges or something, to give a sense of the scale we never got to see on the show.

Ripple in Space
January 11th, 2009, 07:01 PM

EatG Spoilers

Atlantis used to be in Pegasus, if you demonstrate that it was on at some point and is simply, the Lost City of Atlantis,

And that I think, is very important. Focus on Atlantis simply being the Atlantis from Earth legend.

Maybe start with a sweeping camera over the ice, pan through the city as it was back in the days of the Ancients, show them at work, and then fade to an abandoned Atlantis, submerged, and then fade again to present day personnel exploring the city, catalouging, researching, etc. And then start the main plot with a quic explanation to a member of the IOA as to why Atlantis is here and what not.

Get to see Weir again

_Ancients_
January 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I like the idea of it picking up right after the battle in EATG. I mean just hours after it.

Major_Griff
January 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I think the opening credits should follow a drone as it is fired from atlantis up through the atmosphere and into space. As the final credit fades away the drone explodes against the hull of a hive ship. Then you see more drones firing as the camera reveals scores of hives in orbit along with several Earth ships in a huge battle. After several minutes it flashes back to a week or so earlier and shows why the IOA allowed Atlantis to return to the PG and why this massive fleet is attacking.

garhkal
January 12th, 2009, 02:31 PM
That might work. And it would be great to see atlantis fly back to pegasus as we realise we need to end the wraith threat once and for all.

Ltcolshepjumper
January 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I think the movie should open showing an unusually busy Atlantis, like the Rising opening Antarctic outpost scene (with Grodin studying the drone, Weir, Mckay, beckett scene, etc.), but not like the opening scene of Continuum. MAybe it could show many more personnel, including some IOA personnel, unpacking and doing other things.

PG15
January 12th, 2009, 04:49 PM
On the streets of San Francisco, Sheppard, Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon are walking around, bantering and stuff; if you didn't know this was Stargate, you'd think it was just a normal movie about 4 buddies crusing around town.

Then, they enter some shop, get to the back, opens a door, and reveals a transport closet. With it, they are transported back to Atlantis. They then comment on how convenient it has been since they managed to move one of those things out of the city.

Then other things happen.

If they wanted to have the movie about revealing the Stargate to the public, I always thought it'd be cool to start with a news report talking about a huge alien city that's landed outside San Fran, but I don't think they're going to do that.

freyr's mother
January 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I think it will open up as a news broadcast with Julia Donovan asking questions like why was there a wave of water, why is there a naval blockade of the SF Bay area. And then a news chopper will try to fly into the cloak and be like WTF revealing the truth to the public. Thats how it should open up.

OMG that would piss me off so much, especially if they offer no explanation as to why (which they seem to be doing very well). I'd also like to hear the explanation as to where the 3 new ZPMs would come from for the trip back to pegasus.

ciannwn
January 13th, 2009, 05:55 AM
And it would be great to see atlantis fly back to pegasus as we realise we need to end the wraith threat once and for all.

In what way? Genocide by slaughtering them all? If so, who will the Atlantis expedition slaughter in future movies? After all, it wouldn't be SGA if Sheppard and co didn't run around with guns and create big explosions.

What's this 'we realise' and we need bit about? 'We' are viewers discussing a forthcoming movie so it isn't up to us to realise anything. As for what the characters in the movie realise, well, that's up to the writers.

Rac80
January 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I think it should start out with some kids playing around and throwing rocks off of the Golden Gate Bridge, and unknown to them one of the rocks pelts McKay in the head :P.

Yours?

Only if it kills mckay! :P I think the best opening would be Mckays' funeral. :D

Bytor
January 15th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Yours?

Keller in the buff.

knowles2
January 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
People driving the car a cross the golden gate bridge, the normal family banter, like are we their yet.

Then we see the kid looking at the window, a pan around and see his mouth wide open, then camera rotates around to the reveal Atlantis decloaked.

Then flash to McKay an Shepperd on the balcony, with McKay reassuring Shepperd the cloak is fully operation, from behind we just hear Zalenka shouting at everyone.

Then suddenly we see the city suffer a majour power black out and then the power switches back but with the city sending out a massive subspace communication burst, which will rich the pegasus galaxy. It contain upgrades to wraith hyperdrive, and everything Atlantis has scanned on planet Earth.
After it sends the signal, Atlantis shuts down again and McKay got no idea on how to turn it back on.
Shepperd goes to ask Todd some questions and when they reach his cell, Sheppard finds it empty and the guards saw nothing.
Roll credits.

This would set up the film for massive invasion from the pegasus galaxy and well a whole trouble on Atlantis and we have the whole reveal of the stargate to. So better the film about 2 and half hours and with a budget of say 20 million or so dollars.

Lythisrose
January 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I think somehow the Team realizes that it needs to take the City back to the Pegasus (Torren needs his diaper changed, perhaps?:rolleyes:), the IOA vetoes it, and Shep and Co, with the help of Todd, kidnap Atlantis and fly it back, making themselves renegades in the process.

knowles2
January 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I think somehow the Team realizes that it needs to take the City back to the Pegasus (Torren needs his diaper changed, perhaps?:rolleyes:), the IOA vetoes it, and Shep and Co, with the help of Todd, kidnap Atlantis and fly it back, making themselves renegades in the process.

The city is not flyable and I doubt the IOA will make money available to fix the ship up or resources to do that.
Because that the key reason they can keep on using to stop them going back, the ship is not flyable and their no money to fix the damn thing either.

Lythisrose
January 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM
The city is not flyable and I doubt the IOA will make money available to fix the ship up or resources to do that.
Because that the key reason they can keep on using to stop them going back, the ship is not flyable and their no money to fix the damn thing either.

Ahh, darn it.
But then again, between McKay, Zelenka and Todd, they'll think of something.
I mean, who would have thought of that Wormhole device in EatG?

Ripple in Space
January 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Keller in the buff.

I'd imagine Teyla has a nicer body.

Lythisrose
January 15th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I'd imagine Teyla has a nicer body.

Well maybe there will be a new miraculous device that makes the entire crew naked.
It could happen. ;)

ciannwn
January 16th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Well maybe there will be a new miraculous device that makes the entire crew naked.
It could happen. ;)

It's another useless Lantean anti-Wraith device which Rodney discovers in a previously unexplored part of the city.

The device was supposed to disarm Wraith by making their stunner rifles and pistols disappear but it only removes everyone's clothing. The city's inhabitants can't get dressed again until the device is shut down but nobody (including Todd) can find a way of doing it. Ronon eventually solves the problem by blowing it up with his magic gun.

Ikaros
January 16th, 2009, 07:40 AM

Yours?

They'll show us Ronon and Teyla having a tour on Earth!!! You know...opera, cinema, shopping etc..
I'd love to watch our heroes in everyday life back at their homes....but not for long.
They'll have to go to ...battle soon after.

amconway
January 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a logical reason to take Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy. I've been trying to think of one, but have only been able to come up with things that could be served just as easily by sending other ships, unless the Asgard decide to make a push to take over the galaxy now that the Wraith are weakened. The only ships that might stand a chance against the Asgard are Atlantis and the Odyssey. The big question there is, why would the IOA let them go? They have Atlantis, and I can't see the IOA feeling an obligation to stop the Asgard unless there was a direct threat to Earth.

Voxyn
January 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Agree with you there.
I can't really think of a reason why they would take Atlantis back to Pegasus either.

Nevertheless, I think that it should go back.
And I think it should be like this:

----
There's some big event going on.
Maybe New Years Eve/Day. You see shots of celebration type things happening in different places around the world.
The picturesque places like like Paris, London, Moscow whatever.
Then you have the camera moving through San Francisco.
Moving toward the Golden Gate Bridge, out toward where we know that Atlantis is (but the public at large do not).

Then the camera does the zoom in to Atlantis at sea level and rise up the central tower to the control room and in through a window trick to see MacKay and his Zelenka going through the last preparations for lift off.
Radio to Sheppard along the lines of, "You ready to go? It's almost time".

Back to the city, and the countdown to New Year is starting.
And when it gets to zero the Star Drive fires up and off they go to Pegasus.
----

The reason I chose an event like New Years is because (by my thin reasoning and generally poor cover-up knowledge) a global spectacle like New Years will mean that almost everyone will be looking at their TVs or will be at parties and things.
And they take off at the end of the countdown because
a) It's a lift-off and as such requires a countdown and
b) The noise and light from fireworks and whatever will cover the noise and light of the stardrive.

:)

kymeric
January 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Haha, how about the 49ers are playing a game when the ball hits something invisible in the air and falls costing them the game, then inside a jumper mckay looks over at sheppard and says WTF was that? O.o

amconway
January 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM
The reason I chose an event like New Years is because (by my thin reasoning and generally poor cover-up knowledge) a global spectacle like New Years will mean that almost everyone will be looking at their TVs or will be at parties and things.
And they take off at the end of the countdown because
a) It's a lift-off and as such requires a countdown and
b) The noise and light from fireworks and whatever will cover the noise and light of the stardrive.

I really like the image of this. :)

Haha, how about the 49ers are playing a game when the ball hits something invisible in the air and falls costing them the game, then inside a jumper mckay looks over at sheppard and says WTF was that? O.o

Oh, no! Not the 49ers! They're my guys! :)

kymeric
January 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Im pretty sure the technological advances that came out of the Atlantis expedition made enough money to build a giant statue of liberty made completely out of gold 30 times over. Remember how shocked Wallace was with the tech level?

Merlin1701
January 18th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Atlantis Movie ideas

Idea 1
Sheppard and McKay are in a puddle jumper, they banter about the repairs being undertaken on Atlantis. With Sheppard making a few sudden manoeuvres, then McKay tapping his notebook, they then explain that they are testing this new earth built puddle jumper. Sheppard alters course flying straight into space, as he gets closer to the moon the consoles begin to beep as the Lantean sensors detect something familiar.

Idea 2
The camera opens to a team of engineers overseeing the installation of some new equipment. The camera slowly zooms out of the window over the city with teams all over fixing bits here and there, installing rail guns etc. It continues along, panning out until it passes through the cloak of the city and everything disappears. It continues over the bridge across the city edge and out into space where the Apollo, Sun Tzu, and Daedalus are in orbit.

This idea shows that Atlantis is still hidden, on earth being fixed up. Earth is still worried about future attacks by the wraith by having more than half its fleet in defence.

Idea 3
Having the team enjoy their lives on Earth, they are each called on their cell phones…they are being recalled. They are beamed up by the Daedalus in orbit. Colonel Caldwell explains that the Daedalus was on a mission to place the Lantean satellites from “The Game” planet and place them in orbits of planets around the PG. Exiting hyperspace they were met by a traveller vessel that was searching for Atlantis, they had made a discovery and needed the team. Colonel Caldwell opens a folder and pulls out photos of a planets surface a large structure landing section shape for a city ship.

Voxyn
January 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I like Idea 3.

It opens a whole new set of possibilities.

Well done. :D

Although, judging by the way things go in Stargate Atlantis, the new outpost would be blown into the ground by the end of the movie. ;)

ciannwn
January 19th, 2009, 08:07 AM
What about Todd? I have no concern whatsoever for the other characters. The expedition members are on their home planet and Ronon and Teyla have been accepted so they'll be OK. My husband feels the same way because Todd is his favourite SGA character too

Colonel Mitchell
January 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I'd like to see this movie open with Sheppard, McKay, and Beckett fishing off of Atlantis.

ciannwn
January 19th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I'd like to see this movie open with Sheppard, McKay, and Beckett fishing off of Atlantis.

I think it should just be Beckett and McKay. A golf ball whizzes past and splashes into the sea. Beckett complains that Sheppard's scaring the fish away.

Colonel Mitchell
January 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I think it should just be Beckett and McKay. A golf ball whizzes past and splashes into the sea. Beckett complains that Sheppard's scaring the fish away.Yes! How did I forget the golfing?

user998413167984131
January 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM

EatG Spoilers

I really like that idea, would be cool

GateGurl
January 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM

Yours?

HA! That was a awesome mental image. *snorts in laughter* I cna just picture that. And out of now seemingly not where below them: "OWWWW! OH MY GOD OWWWWWW! DARN KIDS!!!!" :D *Kids run off screaming about haunted ghosts in the bay.* :p

PG15
January 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
What about Todd? I have no concern whatsoever for the other characters. The expedition members are on their home planet and Ronon and Teyla have been accepted so they'll be OK. My husband feels the same way because Todd is his favourite SGA character too

Well, you see, they'll probably start on that by showing the end of a table, and then slowly pan up the table, where we'll find Todd, unconscious with doctors standing over him, ready to cut-

Just kidding. :D

I think it'd be hilarious if they had Todd watching TV or browsing the Internet. Much hilarity shall be had.

It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a logical reason to take Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy. I've been trying to think of one, but have only been able to come up with things that could be served just as easily by sending other ships, unless the Asgard decide to make a push to take over the galaxy now that the Wraith are weakened. The only ships that might stand a chance against the Asgard are Atlantis and the Odyssey. The big question there is, why would the IOA let them go? They have Atlantis, and I can't see the IOA feeling an obligation to stop the Asgard unless there was a direct threat to Earth.

The only thing that will get Atlantis out of the hands of the IOA is to give them something bigger!

Imagine if Daedalus or whatever found an Ancient thing, a huuuuge Ancient thing, that can only be activated by placing an Atlantis-style city ship on top of it, like a key? They'll have to send Atlantis if they wanted to find out what it was.

Maybe this is too out there. ;)

ciannwn
January 19th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Well, you see, they'll probably start on that by showing the end of a table, and then slowly pan up the table, where we'll find Todd, unconscious

That would have to be a very long table if Todd's feet didn't reach the end.. :eek:

Starry Waters
January 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Well, you see, they'll probably start on that by showing the end of a table, and then slowly pan up the table, where we'll find Todd, unconscious with doctors standing over him, ready to cut-

:eek: :eek: What a thing to see in the first post when I pop in. LOL :P

ciannwn
January 20th, 2009, 08:47 AM
:eek: :eek: What a thing to see in the first post when I pop in. LOL :P

The doctors could be ready to cut Todd's clothes off so they can give him a thorough examination to find out why he's unconscious. More exposed Wraith chest. Yummy. :D :D

Ripple in Space
January 20th, 2009, 02:09 PM
If we're going with opening with Todd, I'd like to see it open close in on him with utter terror on his face, and pan out and he's watching a Dracula movie, lol.

Earth vampire scaring Space vampire :D

Or maybe a Blade movie and then having him mutter under his breath "I can see why their off world teams have been so effective."

Alan Wake
January 20th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd like them to open up similar to what they did for the pilot of Atlantis. The camra moved past groups of people working on different projects in the antarctica base. Had a light music tone, everyone seemed happy to be there.

They could do this well since Atlantis is now on earth. It would be full of Sciencetists and arceologists.

ciannwn
January 20th, 2009, 02:56 PM
If we're going with opening with Todd, I'd like to see it open close in on him with utter terror on his face, and pan out and he's watching a Dracula movie, lol.

Earth vampire scaring Space vampire :D

:lol:

Earth vampire myths could have originated in tales about Wraith which the Lanteans told to primitive humans, though. When Wraith hibernate they don't show up on life sign detectors so this could have led to the idea that vampires are undead and sleep in coffins. Maybe Todd's first scene could be of him having a discussion about it with Daniel while Vala looks bored out of her mind :)

ming600
January 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM
A huge Explosion in the middle of nowhere
:bratac13: :bratac13: :bratac13:

JeffKnight
January 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM

Sheppard would SO take a jumper to a football game....

:sheppard: = See Teyla, Ronin, this is football.
:ronan:= So they hit people?
:teyla: = It is a most 'interesting' sport...
:mckay: = American football...
**ball hits the jumper
:mckay: = What was that?
:sheppard: = Uhhh, I think we'd better get out of here...

Later on

:jack: = So who won?
:sheppard: = We didn't stick around...

Crazedwraith
January 24th, 2009, 04:16 AM
I'd prefer something along the lines of:

:sheppard: = See Teyla, Ronon, this is football.
:teyla: = This is a perplexing game, John.
:sheppard:= whu?
:ronan:=They're not using their feet at all.

:P

Besides Teyla has already seen 'football' in the third episode: Hide & Seek, albeit on video.

Replicator Todd
January 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Todd is escaping from his cell at the beginning of the movie, that would make sense, and maybe the Gate is dialed and Ford with some goons show up and realize that Atlantis is on Earth and flee to hid in the city.

Crazedwraith
January 26th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Atlantis' address is now Earth's address. There's no way to accidentally dial in. Plus how would get past the shield? His GDO codes have long since been locked out.

Colonel Mitchell
January 26th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Atlantis' address is now Earth's address. There's no way to accidentally dial in. Plus how would get past the shield? His GDO codes have long since been locked out.
But It'd probably still show up that it was Ford. I can see them opening it for that.

IrishPisano
January 27th, 2009, 06:48 AM
it has come to my attention that i am not allowed to call SGA crap despite my feelings about the show..... so very deeply heartily sorry for saying something that someone might disagree with.....

i personally do not think that an SGA movie should be made because i do not think there is any story out there that can be connected to the storyarcs in SGA that is strong enough to hold a film and not be a mere retread of older arcs.... given that, how it opens depends on the story

the only 3 plausible stories are:
Us vs Wraith
Us vs Asurans/Replicators
Us vs another sect of the ancients
(us vs rogue asgard would be an abomination of all that TPTB of SG-1 accomplished with the asgard)

and the film would also have to accomplish something, like Ark of Truth and Continuum did and not leave a cliffhanger...
if they're going to roll the conclusion of a storyarc into 2 films, then they should have just pumped all the $$$ into a 6th season...

us vs the wraith would have to end with either the wraith's ultimate defeat, or victory
same with the asurans
however, the asurans has been done to death... to bring replifran back would just be redundantly retreading old ground again...
and i do not think that TPTB can write a successful story for a 2 hr film in which we completely and finally defeat the wraith......... without some contrived DEM uber plot device again... (wormhole drive...... or suddenly discovering a Dakara weapon in Pegasus while magically quickly crafting an anti-wraith drug to send through the entire PG gate system thus destroying the wraith)

as for us vs the ancients... meh... not interesting enough for me

so since i don't think TPTB can craft a viable storyline without contriving anything at all, i don't think they should make the film, ergo in answer to the question posed: how should it open? i respond: it should not.

now, i do sincerely hope that this post neither bothers nor offends anyone... the thread asks a question: how should it open? and i answered: it shouldn't... and i posted a calm, thought-out, politically correct, non-offending response in accordance with forum rules... i hope that following the rules is still ok...

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 07:18 AM
It will probably open with Atlantis moving somewhere else in the Milky Way/going back to Pegasus since whilst they're on Earth the SGC is practically useless :p

EDIT: This will create opportunity for SGC to help out Atlantis with whatever happens (not have the SGC take over the whole movie though)

IrishPisano
January 27th, 2009, 07:31 AM
that is a decent point caapaai...

but if that happens, then it makes the destruction of the antarctic chair even more repulsive and serves as even more evidence that TPTB destroyed that chair solely for Atlantis to be the one to attack the hive.....
(simple solution to that would have been for earth to find out about the hive without enough time to get to antarctica)....... but now, thanks to TPTB, earth is defenseless if they remove atlantis

Cautious Explorer
January 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM
it has come to my attention that i am not allowed to call SGA crap despite my feelings about the show..... so very deeply heartily sorry for saying something that someone might disagree with.....

i personally do not think that an SGA movie should be made because i do not think there is any story out there that can be connected to the storyarcs in SGA that is strong enough to hold a film and not be a mere retread of older arcs.... given that, how it opens depends on the story

the only 3 plausible stories are:
Us vs Wraith
Us vs Asurans/Replicators
Us vs another sect of the ancients
(us vs rogue asgard would be an abomination of all that TPTB of SG-1 accomplished with the asgard)

and the film would also have to accomplish something, like Ark of Truth and Continuum did and not leave a cliffhanger...
if they're going to roll the conclusion of a storyarc into 2 films, then they should have just pumped all the $$$ into a 6th season...

us vs the wraith would have to end with either the wraith's ultimate defeat, or victory
same with the asurans
however, the asurans has been done to death... to bring replifran back would just be redundantly retreading old ground again...
and i do not think that TPTB can write a successful story for a 2 hr film in which we completely and finally defeat the wraith......... without some contrived DEM uber plot device again... (wormhole drive...... or suddenly discovering a Dakara weapon in Pegasus while magically quickly crafting an anti-wraith drug to send through the entire PG gate system thus destroying the wraith)

as for us vs the ancients... meh... not interesting enough for me

so since i don't think TPTB can craft a viable storyline without contriving anything at all, i don't think they should make the film, ergo in answer to the question posed: how should it open? i respond: it should not.

now, i do sincerely hope that this post neither bothers nor offends anyone... the thread asks a question: how should it open? and i answered: it shouldn't... and i posted a calm, thought-out, politically correct, non-offending response in accordance with forum rules... i hope that following the rules is still ok...

I agree with you. What's the point if it's the same old writers. However, I will be very upset if Atlantis is left on Earth. The idea of the IOA and SGC fighting over Atlantis is sickening to me. Atlantis belongs in Pegasus.

Now, if new and talented writers could be found to create an Atlantis movie, I would be delighted. I really do like the characters (most of them) and will miss them.

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM
that is a decent point caapaai...

but if that happens, then it makes the destruction of the antarctic chair even more repulsive and serves as even more evidence that TPTB destroyed that chair solely for Atlantis to be the one to attack the hive.....
(simple solution to that would have been for earth to find out about the hive without enough time to get to antarctica)....... but now, thanks to TPTB, earth is defenseless if they remove atlantis
I see what you're saying, but if Atlantis stays in the Milky Way, there'll be no need to have Earth ships in Pegasus and so Earth will have the Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, Sun Tzu, and The General Hammondfor defence.

IrishPisano
January 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
but there's no need for ship-centric defense if atlantis is on earth

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
but there's no need for ship-centric defense if atlantis is on earth
I s'pose so, guess it depends which way TPTB want to take things for the movie, it'll be down to which makes the better story :D

amconway
January 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
My opinion of what should happen with Atlantis is very, very, different than that of most, I know, but I see no reason that they would want to take is back to the Pegasus galaxy.
Not that I think it should remain on Earth--too risky, but somewhere in the Milky Way, that just makes sense. They have better access to the Ancient labs and devices, and they have a ship that can defend the Earth. It would also broaden the range of potential Atlantis storylines dramatically.
Do I think this will happen? No probably not (too much kerfuffle), but it makes a lot more sense.

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 10:12 AM
My opinion of what should happen with Atlantis is very, very, different than that of most, I know, but I see no reason that they would want to take is back to the Pegasus galaxy.
Thats what I thought;

...It will probably open with Atlantis moving somewhere else in the Milky Way...
it's a good idea, but, like you said, it'll probably be too much bother :D

IrishPisano
January 27th, 2009, 10:16 AM
if this carp story...... it is carp btw, pure carp... very fishy..... especially given TPTB's seemingly distaste for SG-1 (ever notice how they made landry and hammond out like jack****es on sga, and turned carter into a civilian when she's really a very professional military person, oh, and how they destroyed the chair)..... their motives are carp, aka very fishy....

anywho, you can't leave atlantis on earth
unless you're george w. bush
and by that i mean that we awoke the wraith....... its our responsibility to clean up our mess (unlike w, hence the comparison) ergo Atlantis MUST return to PG, preferably with like half the drones from antarctica, like 6 zpms, and go "wormhole hopping" around PG taking out the wraith.....
i mean how can tptb expect us to buy a storyline where we do not clean up the mess in PG?

amconway
January 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
i mean how can tptb expect us to buy a storyline where we do not clean up the mess in PG?

I didn't say they shouldn't finish off the Wraith, or deal with them in some way. For however long that Atlantis remains on, or near, Earth, they can take the rest of the fleet back to complete the task. When they go out to destroy the hive ships, they don't fly Atlantis to do so. Getting Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy would be a tremendous waste of time and power, when the same job can be done more efficiently, and as previously done, by Earth ships.

IrishPisano
January 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
why send the smaller ships, when you can just stock atlantis full of drones and accomplish the task quicker and easier with less casualties?

if you finish off the wraith without atlantis, then the show/film/video/whatever cannot be called Stargate ATLANTIS...

amconway
January 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM
why send the smaller ships, when you can just stock atlantis full of drones and accomplish the task quicker and easier with less casualties?
Drones, for every single hive ship, depleating the best defense for both Atlantis and the Earth? That's rather wasteful... Kind of shortsighted,too, since they don't know what might occur in the future, especially since this is not a precedent that has been set. They fight the hives with ships and try to keep Atlantis out of it.

if you finish off the wraith without atlantis, then the show/film/video/whatever cannot be called Stargate ATLANTIS...
This is only true if you think the only possible function of Atlantis is to fight the Wraith. There's lots of things that are more interesting about Atlantis than it's fighting capabilities. The Wraith are just one challenge, and that arc is just about over.

Ripple in Space
January 27th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Not that I think it should remain on Earth--too risky, but somewhere in the Milky Way, that just makes sense. They have better access to the Ancient labs and devices, and they have a ship that can defend the Earth. It would also broaden the range of potential Atlantis storylines dramatically.
Do I think this will happen? No probably not (too much kerfuffle), but it makes a lot more sense.

The biggest problem I see with that is that Sheppard's team isn't the flagship team of Earth in the Milky Way. As Hammond said often in the first 7-seasons, SG-1 is Earth's flagship team, and they're pretty much used as the first and last line of defense. Even after the Battle Cruisers were built, the most important missions had SG-1 escorting the 304s if not outright taking command of them.

As it is, they had to give that line about the Odyssey being on a secret mission to presumably explain away SG-1's absence. While Shep is usually the ranking military officer in Pegasus, he's in the middle of the totem pole on Earth when Landry, Jack & SG-1 aren't indisposed.

amconway
January 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
The biggest problem I see with that is that Sheppard's team isn't the flagship team of Earth in the Milky Way. As Hammond said often in the first 7-seasons, SG-1 is Earth's flagship team, and they're pretty much used as the first and last line of defense. Even after the Battle Cruisers were built, the most important missions had SG-1 escorting the 304s if not outright taking command of them.

As it is, they had to give that line about the Odyssey being on a secret mission to presumably explain away SG-1's absence. While Shep is usually the ranking military officer in Pegasus, he's in the middle of the totem pole on Earth when Landry, Jack & SG-1 aren't indisposed.

Well, that's quite true, and that would be a problem. Hmmm. How to get around the rank problem... It's a bit tricky, because that is a valid concern from outside the internal logic of the show, but doesn't affect the actual logic of them staying in the Milky Way at all...
Any notions?

IrishPisano
January 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
does anyone think that given 2 weeks together, O'Neill, Carter, Teal'C, and Daniel could single-handedly defeat the wraith once and for all?

i do

Replicator Todd
January 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
It could open with Atlantis taking off into space and midway through hyperspace the ship is hijacked by an old enemy, don't know who the enemy would be.

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 11:15 AM
does anyone think that given 2 weeks together, O'Neill, Carter, Teal'C, and Daniel could single-handedly defeat the wraith once and for all?
Umm,

But if you want to leave AT on Earth, maybe they'll be something like, leave AT on Earth, each member of the SGA crew go on a different Earth ship to PG and they blow up all the Wraith, leaving room for one of the ships to be destroyed and killing one of them off and making us all angry.

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 11:18 AM
It could open with Atlantis taking off into space and midway through hyperspace the ship is hijacked by an old enemy, don't know who the enemy would be.
It's a good idea, but it'll need tweaking since you can't board a ship that's hyperspace, nor can you use the gate...

Ripple in Space
January 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Well, that's quite true, and that would be a problem. Hmmm. How to get around the rank problem... It's a bit tricky, because that is a valid concern from outside the internal logic of the show, but doesn't affect the actual logic of them staying in the Milky Way at all...
Any notions?

You're right, the most logical thing from a military perspective would be to leave Atlantis either on Earth or darn close.

Personally, if it were my call, Atlantis would be on Abydos and a BC-304 would be retrofitted as a base of operations in Pegasus (above a planet in Pegasus), with a settlement below for the Tau'ri to live in, but with any sensitive research going on in labs in the 304, so in case of attack, worst case scenario, they just fly away or are at the very least extremely well defended.

That would seem like a win-win to me (from a military standpoint, not a show standpoint). Military operations aren't stunted in Pegasus since the 304 would function as Atlantis & the SGC did--a base of operations. A 304 is more secure than Atlantis in many ways since it's easier to shield and jump away, being an Earth-built Battle Cruiser and not a city that only accepts a certain rare power source. And in terms of living, just construct Alpha Site-like living quarters on the planet below, and have the personnel beam up when on duty. If attacked, just completely abandon the living quarters below, because it's no big deal.

And in terms of Atlantis itself, Abydos being so close to Earth, yet far enough that it can have its own gate address would be ideal. Since it's in the Milky Way, personnel could even choose to live in Colorado Springs primarily and simply commute. Atlantis could also conduct its own independent gate operations like the Alpha Site. And in case Earth needs some additional firepower (or vice-versa), Abydos and Earth are what, a few minutes or an hour apart using intergalactic Asgard or Lantean Hyperdrives? Abydos is also far enough away that if a catastrophic mistake is made in Atlantis, it shouldn't blow up Earth (or vice-versa). Being on Abydos would also mean not having to have the cloak on indefinitely as the case would be on Earth.

And since the Milky Way is a heck of a lot safer than Pegasus, that's an added bonus, not having to run the shield or cloak so often. Maybe they could even construct some type of conventional nuclear/naquada power plant on Abydos to help power the city and not waste the ZPM.

Captain Chaap
January 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM
You're right, the most logical thing from a military perspective would be to leave Atlantis either on Earth or darn close.

Personally, if it were my call, Atlantis would be on Abydos and a BC-304 would be retrofitted as a base of operations in Pegasus (above a planet in Pegasus), with a settlement below for the Tau'ri to live in, but with any sensitive research going on in labs in the 304, so in case of attack, worst case scenario, they just fly away or are at the very least extremely well defended.

That would seem like a win-win to me (from a military standpoint, not a show standpoint). Military operations aren't stunted in Pegasus since the 304 would function as Atlantis & the SGC did--a base of operations. A 304 is more secure than Atlantis in many ways since it's easier to shield and jump away, being an Earth-built Battle Cruiser and not a city that only accepts a certain rare power source. And in terms of living, just construct Alpha Site-like living quarters on the planet below, and have the personnel beam up when on duty. If attacked, just completely abandon the living quarters below, because it's no big deal.

And in terms of Atlantis itself, Abydos being so close to Earth, yet far enough that it can have its own gate address would be ideal. Since it's in the Milky Way, personnel could even choose to live in Colorado Springs primarily and simply commute. Atlantis could also conduct its own independent gate operations like the Alpha Site. And in case Earth needs some additional firepower (or vice-versa), Abydos and Earth are what, a few minutes or an hour apart using intergalactic Asgard or Lantean Hyperdrives? Abydos is also far enough away that if a catastrophic mistake is made in Atlantis, it shouldn't blow up Earth (or vice-versa). Being on Abydos would also mean not having to have the cloak on indefinitely as the case would be on Earth.

And since the Milky Way is a heck of a lot safer than Pegasus, that's an added bonus, not having to run the shield or cloak so often. Maybe they could even construct some type of conventional nuclear/naquada power plant on Abydos to help power the city and not waste the ZPM.
Nice idea, it'd be good if they introduced a new class of ship to send to PG :D

amconway
January 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Abydos would be perfect, and have a nice symmetry. I wouldn't wish that on Daniel, though. How gut wrenchingly awful go to the planet, now devoid of life, where he'd lived with his wife and her people to do research. On the other hand, there's some drama to be had there. But poor Daniel...

I like your idea about the new class of vessel for the Pegasus galaxy. It makes a lot of sense.

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 02:34 AM
no, no, NO!

nothing from atlantis or SGA should ever have anything to do with Abydos.....
abydos, the goa'uld, and the jaffa are one probably the 3 only things that SGA has not touched in terms of stories...... we all see what sga did to the antarctic chair, carter, landry, hammond, replicators, etc.... they should leave what is solely SG-1 alone...

Crazedwraith
January 28th, 2009, 03:13 AM
The problem with Abydos is that as far as we know: it's a desert world. Atlantis has always been on water as far as we know. Landing on Abydos with out breaking the city would present a problem.

zer0_1
January 28th, 2009, 04:14 AM
i think it should be in media res (where the film starts halfway into the story)

someting like atlantis is stuck in space trying to get back to pegasus, the 1st bit of the film shows how they got there

BeardedKirk
January 28th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I'm going to go for something very similar to the very opening of rising. Your following a puddle jumper over the Antartic at night, before it goes over a tundra towards the now excavated outpost... following the puddle jumper the camera is slowly losing ground on the fleeing puddle Jumper until it reaches the outpost... the camera circles around it until you are 180 degrees and you see what was following you.... Atlantis, coming home... Docking with the outpost and settling into the ice with another puddle jumper trailing behind before joining with the first and heading towards the hanger which is pitch black... And as the camera goes into the darkness the opening credits start....

Nice set up with no inclination of what will happen in the movie... :D

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 06:13 AM
how about a nuclear explosion in san fran harbor?
;)

BeardedKirk
January 28th, 2009, 06:16 AM
What is it about cloaked ships & San Fransisco anyway? First a Klingon Bird of Prey & now Atlantis.... "Everyone, remember where we parked!"

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 06:48 AM
how about SGA starts with the complete and full dialing sequence of the gate....

from someone hitting all 7/8 buttons... to all 7/8 chevrons engaging and locking, to the activation, to the kawoosh...... then to the full travel through the wormhole... and then out the other puddle....

you know, bc it's STARGATE and all... and they haven't used stargates in a very long time on SGA, so it seems

jelgate
January 28th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I seem to recall the Stargate being used in EATG:P

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I seem to recall the Stargate being used in EATG:P

they must have made a mistake then

LOL

amconway
January 28th, 2009, 07:42 AM
The problem with Abydos is that as far as we know: it's a desert world. Atlantis has always been on water as far as we know. Landing on Abydos with out breaking the city would present a problem.

Heh, good point! Uh... It was late... We were tired... ;)

no, no, NO!

nothing from atlantis or SGA should ever have anything to do with Abydos.....
abydos, the goa'uld, and the jaffa are one probably the 3 only things that SGA has not touched in terms of stories...... we all see what sga did to the antarctic chair, carter, landry, hammond, replicators, etc.... they should leave what is solely SG-1 alone...

What could possibly happen to Abydos that hasn't already happened? It's a dead planet. Moot point, though, what with the whole water thing and all!

knowles2
January 28th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Im pretty sure the technological advances that came out of the Atlantis expedition made enough money to build a giant statue of liberty made completely out of gold 30 times over. Remember how shocked Wallace was with the tech level?

It not that have not got money to spend of Atlantis, it that wot allocate the money to Atlantis, and if do allocate the money Atlantis expedition cannot spend it to repair the vessel.

if this carp story...... it is carp btw, pure carp... very fishy..... especially given TPTB's seemingly distaste for SG-1 (ever notice how they made landry and hammond out like jack****es on sga, and turned carter into a civilian when she's really a very professional military person, oh, and how they destroyed the chair)..... their motives are carp, aka very fishy....

anywho, you can't leave atlantis on earth
unless you're george w. bush
and by that i mean that we awoke the wraith....... its our responsibility to clean up our mess (unlike w, hence the comparison) ergo Atlantis MUST return to PG, preferably with like half the drones from antarctica, like 6 zpms, and go "wormhole hopping" around PG taking out the wraith.....

The best way and easiest to clean up the mess is to leave the galaxy, Wraith will be force to sleep because of their severly limit their food supply problem.
Why the wraith goes to sleep we can continue to work on the Hoffman drug, they already decrease the numbers it kills, with tok'ra superior biological understanding of the humans and their overall superior knowledge base would not take long for them to develop the drug to be 99.99% percent safe. Then use the stargate network to deploy it the same way the NID went about deploy the symbiote poison. Problem solved.

Any notions?
You get round problem by making them mission specialists when it come to the Wraith and put them in charge of defence preparations.

amconway
January 28th, 2009, 08:45 AM
You get round problem by making them mission specialists when it come to the Wraith and put them in charge of defense preparations.

Good idea!

Replicator Todd
January 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
We could have more Replicators.....I'm never tired of them! :P The SGA movie could be about the city cloak malfunctioning allowing the people in San Fran to see it, along with maybe some old SG-1 enemies.

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 10:02 AM
We could have more Replicators.....I'm never tired of them! :P The SGA movie could be about the city cloak malfunctioning allowing the people in San Fran to see it, along with maybe some old SG-1 enemies.

why would you want SG-1 enemies in an SGA show, when the SGA enemies are still out there?
the wraith are still running around in PG
Michael could very well still be out there (he's not explicitly dead)
the Asurans are still floating in space... you never know with them
etc

i for one would like for SG-1 and SG-A to remain as disconnected as possible... i mean the SGC is fine to include, as is Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'C and other SGC personnel...... but please, PLEASE, leave the SG-1 enemies for SG-1...... and stick to the SGA enemies that are still not defeated

Replicator Todd
January 28th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I'm assuming that there will be more than one movie, of course the SGA enemies need to be dealt with, i'm hoping Micheal is still alive too! :)

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
here's an idea:

Michael is not dead... (anyone who can accept the Deus Ex Machina wormhole drive should be able to accept that Michael's not dead)
with Atlantis out of PG, Michael has been able to put all of his focus into fighting the wraith and has made significant progress eliminating 4 or 5 colonies...
but he doesn't have the resources to destroy all of the wraith...
now they're closing in on him...
that is, of course, until he unleashes a repliwraithicator..... an organic version of the replicators that cannot replicate on anything except organic material... specifically wraith...

this of course works wonders until............................. since they're organic organisms.......................... until they evolve..... dun... dun.... DUN......

that's actually not a bad idea come to think of it

Ikaros
January 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Guys, Michael is not only dead , but already eaten by alien fishes!!!!
Elizabeth on the other hand.... could be somewhere, out there, waiting to be picked up by someone...
How about an earth theme? with some trouble from NSA or IOA or someone? Ronon and Teyla would be out of their limits here, it would be fun, especially with Ronon.

Replicator Todd
January 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe there has been a clone of Micheal hiding in Atlantis, and since they are on Earth he escapes and causes chaos while the IOA arrive at Atlantis for breifing or something like the replacement of Woolsey.

Ripple in Space
January 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Carter said most every world in the gate system is like a carbon copy of Earth. Abydos' gate just happens to be in their dessert.

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 03:12 PM
but why drag Abydos into SGA?
what point does it serve?
why not use one of the hundreds of planets in Pegasus?

Replicator Todd
January 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM

Indeed, Abydos was an SG1 planet too, there is much that is unexplored still in the Pegasus galaxy.

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Indeed, Abydos was an SG1 planet too, there is much that is unexplored still in the Pegasus galaxy.

uh... YUP...

amconway
January 28th, 2009, 04:04 PM

I get that you want Atlantis to go back to the Pegasus galaxy, but given that there are so many compelling reasons not to go, there would have something pretty huge to get them there. I just don't see any reason to bo all the way back given what we know. That doesn't mean they won't come up with something, but right now, it doesn't make a lot of sense. That's why we're speculating about Milky Way planets rather than Pegasus planets.

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I get that you want Atlantis to go back to the Pegasus galaxy, but given that there are so many compelling reasons not to go, there would have something pretty huge to get them there. I just don't see any reason to bo all the way back given what we know. That doesn't mean they won't come up with something, but right now, it doesn't make a lot of sense. That's why we're speculating about Milky Way planets rather than Pegasus planets.

it would be a horrible travesty of common sense and good storytelling if atlantis stayed in MW......

atlantis owes it to every person and planet and civilization in the pegasus galaxy to stop michael and the wraith....

also, how bout we finish the storylines laid out in SGA before moving on to new ones? i mean that could be the one thing that TPTB do right...

amconway
January 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
it would be a horrible travesty of common sense and good storytelling if atlantis stayed in MW......

Common sense, no. That's with it staying. Storytelling? Agruments acn be made (and have been) both ways. It's a matter of personal preference, not good and bad.

atlantis owes it to every person and planet and civilization in the pegasus galaxy to stop michael and the wraith....

As has previously been discussed at great length, this doesn't require Atlantis. You just don't like the alternatives. There is nothing to say they wouldn't work just fine.

also, how bout we finish the storylines laid out in SGA before moving on to new ones?

Again, this doesn't require Atlantis returning to the Pegasus galaxy. The Wraith plotline will probably be wrapped up in the next movie. There's not a lot more story to tell. That leaves only the Asgard storyline, which can be handled in any number of ways, only some of which would involve the Pegasus galaxy.

i mean that could be the one thing that TPTB do right...
That's just gratuitous.

I'm not saying that they won't go back. I'm not saying that the writers won't come up with a reason. I'm not saying that I don't recognize that isn't what a lot of fans would like to see happen. I am saying that there is no logical reason, at this time, for Atlantis to return.

IrishPisano
January 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
if you think atlantis should stay and shirk their responsibilities to the ppl of pegasus,<mod snip>

you make a mess, you clean it up

we made a mess by waking the wraith
its our responsibility to clean it up before we do anything else

amconway
January 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM
if you think atlantis should stay and shirk their responsibilities to the ppl of pegasus, <mod snip>

you make a mess, you clean it up

we made a mess by waking the wraith
its our responsibility to clean it up before we do anything else

Where are you getting this? :confused:
Myself and others have said repeatedly that we thought that ships should be used to finish the battle with the Wraith and ensure the safety of the people of the Pegasus galaxy. Given that they never (except to defend Earth) have taken Atlantis into battle to fight the Wraith, but have used ships, there's no reason to think that wouldn't be entirely workable. I'm certainly not suggesting that the people in the Pegasus galaxy be abandoned. I have never said that. The opposite is true.

IrishPisano
January 29th, 2009, 02:34 AM
you can't just send a few ships to take out the wraith... it'll take months to accomplish that, and ships need a place to berth and resupply

plus.... since atlantis is the only gate in PG capable of dialing earth, you need at least the gate brought back so you can communicate with earth

not to mention that cloaked jumpers can run recon missions through the gates

etc
etc
etc

Ancient_Chair_Operator
January 29th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Personaly id like to see it open like this:

We see a hyperspace window open and atlantis coming out.
After that we move to the control room where rodney is saying we have made stable orbit and that hes scanning for life signs and structures. after that he says No life sign but however im getting some unsual reading wel have to check it out to be possitive this is the place. end of intro and now we see a flashback from being on earth what they are doing at that planet.

Sees rodney speaking on the commsistem saying hes found something amazing.

When everybody is in his lab hes explaining he found the planet were they found the problem of wraith tech that the aurora was sent to retrive. Rodney says that only atlantis or the aurora was able to enter the base to retrive the data no other ship would get acces.

Back on atlantis above the planet Sheppard says so how are we gonna get down there. Rodney: Wel i dont have a clue but ive found some unusual reading. it seems that watever is down there it connected with atlantis and i havent figured out what. Sheppard: Wel watever it is find out. sheppard stepping in the transporter Looking at the screan Yelling rodney get in here.
They look at the screen seeying that the screen changed being that it show atlantis and a planet next to it with a transport dot on that planet next we see them gearing up and Every one arriving in a room where lights go on

After that a lot of possibilitys and my oppinion is that if they dont want a device that instantly destroys wraith that has just made up in the movie to provide an end.

Wel was actually thinkin janus would also be nice in a way he built another time travel device in the past and traveled to the future 10 years before the team arrived in atlantis he has been in pegasus al that time trying to figure out a way to neutrolise the wraith. They find him in that outpost because he knew they would figure out one day that they used to have found a weaknes at that outpost. This might be a nice senario having help from someone willing to help and best of al would be nice for a change to actually get some insight about an ancient

Sorry about my crappy english tried as much as i could

IrishPisano
January 29th, 2009, 04:10 AM
if the movie MUST be made, then i'd like to see it start off with the ship arriving via wormhole drive... then spend the movie using the WH drive a lot, but always show it exiting...... and then have a massive, kickassly awesome window opening via the whd at the end

note: Atlantis's activation of the WHD is nothing special i imagine... it'd be almost exactly like using its hyperspace engine........ its the opening of the massive wormhole that i think is the better image...

harakiri
January 30th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Hi again all people.
It has been a long time since I did post here at gateworld.
Now that Atlantis is finish as a tv-serie I miss stargate so much that
reading here is the only thing that keeps me from going crazy.

First of all, I don`t like it that SGA is ending, but I am not one of those
who not welcome SGU. I also try to look at the bright side with SGA
going over to become movies. Of course I`d miss the weekly episodes,
but I do think that the writers do need to make the movies filled with
breathtaking action all the way. To be able to continue making more
than one SGA-movie I feel they need the actors they have had in
the series. Well, of course I am not one of those who thinks that
SG-1 did become bad only because of the change of some actors.
For me was Teal`c and Daniel Jackson the most important members
of SG-1. And both was a part of both movies.

Well, back to Atlantis.
Many episodes of SGA has been boring in a way. I`m not saying there was
a lot of bad episodes, but to many episodes have been without gate-traveling.
In a movie they don`t need to make episodes that is mostly ment to make
the season long enough. They can go on and just build up to one or more big
events. Like fighting in space, discovering new worlds and enemies.

I hope I don`t offend anyone with my positive view on this upcoming SGA movie.
The potential for the Atlantis series was still big, and they could easy have
made 10 seasons I think. If they did not run out of ideas, which I think would
have been weird.

When it comes to the movie I also have some wishes.
The "new" Asgards that did just disappear should be followed up.
Maybe they can find a asgard body and "download" Thor`s mind into it?
I miss Thor a lot, and I think that he could be the one trying to find
ways to help the Pegasus Asgards. What kinda help, and if it would work
I have no opinion about. Not that I want Thor to become a big part of
SGA`s future movies, but if Dr. Carson can come back as a clone,and Dr. Weir
as a replicator,it should not be a problem bringing Thor back since they have
been cloned many times.

And now that Atlantis is on earth, people here say that it would be impossible to
get them back out in space without making the story a bit bad, I have some thoughts
around that. The weapon they had on Antarctica is destroyed, and the best weapon defence earth now have agains treats from space is Atlantis.
So if earth is in danger, then let Atlantis fly again. What are the options?
And Atlantis is BTW a big secret, and having it on earth might not be easy.

Some last words. I do welcome SGU,and will give it a chance and I am staying
optimistic. When that is said, it is something the writers should know:
"Never change a winning team" . And both SG-1 and Atlantis was "winning teams" .
They are not only changing it, they did end both series, and its good that they
did not decide to end it all the way, but continues to make direct to dvd movies.
What I don`t understand about SGU is how is it possible to have a new story with
people from earth in a ship, without connecting it to Stargate Command?
They did not want a spin off like Atlantis was, but how they`re gonna make this
story I look forward to see.

Sorry if this post was to long,boring or for any off topics I`ve done.

- Harakiri

TameFarrar
January 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Hello,
I would just like to remind folks that while it is fine to take exception and even extreme exception to another opinion please do not cross the line over into attacking any person or blanket group of people with your rebuttal remarks. You are always welcome to express your disagreement with another opinion as long as you are respectful, decent and civil.

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

Rac80
January 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
How should the movie open? with Mckay waking from a coma and discovering that everything after The Shrine was a dream! :P:P

BeardedKirk
January 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
It would open with a shot of some clouds drifting apart with the titles appearing in yellow.... The Atlantis (in Stereo where available)..."Duh da Da DA da dada, dada duhhudadu. Dadhudha, dahad da!...

amconway
January 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
you can't just send a few ships to take out the wraith... it'll take months to accomplish that, and ships need a place to berth and resupply. plus.... since atlantis is the only gate in PG capable of dialing earth, you need at least the gate brought back so you can communicate with earth

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. The resupply issue is a meaningful problem. If Atlantis weren't to go back, it would have to be addressed. The gate point it definately valid, and the only thing brought up, so far, that would really require Atlantis. That's a good point.

not to mention that cloaked jumpers can run recon missions through the gates

Also a good point, if not quite as strong as the need for the gate.

etc
etc
etc

And it's back to... nothing.... ;)

jbauch
January 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I think they need to get Atlantis back to Pegasus somehow. The trouble is that getting to earth via the 'wormhole drive' was so monumentally risky, they would need to have either a darn good reason to take that risk again or they would need to make it far less risky somehow. And it kind of sucks a bit of the wonder from the whole 'City of Atlantis' mystique for me if it becomes so easy for them to dash back and forth between galaxies, as if it were a trip to the supermarket... Hmmmmm...

jbauch
January 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I agree that they need to get back to Pegasus, though. I mean, there are still people living out there still at the mercy of the Wraith, and whose fault is that...? Yup, 'fraid so.

jbauch
January 30th, 2009, 07:28 PM
How should the movie open? with Mckay waking from a coma and discovering that everything after The Shrine was a dream! :P:P

Well, that's one way to go. :mckay:

Remember the episode "Home" back in season 1? The team all thought they had gone back to Earth, but they were really just experiencing very realistic illusions, when in fact they were unconscious on an alien planet...? Maybe something similar to that?

Or... actually, who is to say that the reality that played out in "Enemy At The Gate" is the reality they need to pick up the story with in the movie? Maybe they could refer to it just enough to make clear that we're really in a reality where that is avoided by our heroes before it could get to that dire point??? (Oh yeah, but keep McKay and Keller's relationship development, please!)

IrishPisano
January 31st, 2009, 06:53 AM
Or... actually, who is to say that the reality that played out in "Enemy At The Gate" is the reality they need to pick up the story with in the movie? Maybe they could refer to it just enough to make clear that we're really in a reality where that is avoided by our heroes before it could get to that dire point??? (Oh yeah, but keep McKay and Keller's relationship development, please!)

if they start doing that then, imho, it will taint the entire series worse that i believe it already is

we've had 1 alternate reality episode already, i think that is enough...

besides, its STARGATE for a reason.......

Colonel Forte
January 31st, 2009, 07:58 AM
if they start doing that then, imho, it will taint the entire series worse that i believe it already is

we've had 1 alternate reality episode already, i think that is enough...

besides, its STARGATE for a reason.......

Two alternate reality episodes ("The Last Man" and "Vegas") and several that have referenced them. I agree though, to just start jumping to other realities so they can retell stories is a cop out, it's as bad as "dream sequences" (Brian explains it in the Family Guy ep where Stewie "simulates" killing Lois).

I don't see any reason why Atlantis shouldn't return straight to their "secret" planet back in Pegasus and finish the fight. Taking responsibility for their actions notwithstanding, the Wraith are an immense threat and you just can't leave them, although I'm sure the IOA has some ideas about that.

There were plenty of episodes in season 5 with dangling plot threads that could be very easily tied up in a "movie" without seeming like they're pulling last minute ideas out of their asses to defeat the Wraith in a 90+ minute episode. We don't know what else is in Janus's secret lab, the wormhole drive (regardless of it's creation as a plot cheat) has some potential and the "rogue" Asgard have some too. Let's not forget "Brain Storm", despite the fact that it's loathed by many (apparently), opened up some interesting doors with reality bridges, and as John mentioned once to Teyla, just because they might be able to turn all Wraith into humans, that doesn't erase their problems.

These very well could all be things that they wanted to do in season 6 if given the chance and I know IP's not a fan, but I'm sure even he could agree that if done right, these ideas could make for some great episodes, movies, or whatever else MGM decides to do. There's really no reason why Universe couldn't touch on them either, at least for the first season (until they move to another galaxy, if they do indeed move to another galaxy).

IrishPisano
January 31st, 2009, 09:52 AM
whatever they do, they need to bring gate-travel back into the main fold

i just finished watching SG1 Season 3 Episode: Forever and a Day...
Sha're (or Sha'uri for the more enlightened ;) ) told Daniel, as i'm sure you all know, that he needed to continue travelling through the gate and walking with and fighting the gods to find the harcesis child...

gate-travel.... it is the foundation of the entire stargate literary universe.... it is something that got pushed aside in SGA... and sorely needs to be brought back

there are ways to reinvent gate travel so it doesn't get old
such as the supergate
or the time-gate system that Ba'al set up in Continuum

whatever atlantis does next, it MUST include gate travel in some way shape or form

furthermore: in sg1 s3 episode past and present, carter tells o'neill that they are responsible for releasing linea, destroyer of worlds, and empowering her to destroy countless more worlds...
that's a sense of responsibility i never really found in SGA... it would be a welcome addition to the film...

jbauch
January 31st, 2009, 10:08 PM
Surely, the writers will include the gate in all things Stargate. I just didn't think that needed to be spelled out.

Sorry, should I have spelled that out? :vortex04:

IrishPisano
February 1st, 2009, 05:19 AM
Surely, the writers will include the gate in all things Stargate. I just didn't think that needed to be spelled out.

Sorry, should I have spelled that out? :vortex04:

you have too much faith in tptb

Platschu
February 1st, 2009, 07:49 AM
How should the Atlantis Movie open?

First scene:
McKay : - We arrived to Pegasus Galaxy.
Sheppard : - Huh. That was easy.
:D

IrishPisano
February 1st, 2009, 09:25 AM

First scene:

best

idea

ever

seriously... that would be the best opening...

Sheppard: Huh. That was easy. I love this button.
{{Camera pull back to show a giant red button eerily similar to the Staples Easy Button labeled Wormhole Drive}}

Platschu
February 1st, 2009, 12:22 PM
I am happy you liked it. I wanted to save screen-time. :D

Ikaros
February 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I think with a show of some Wraith on Earth. All those darts weren't destroyed, were they? Who is to say none crashed or landed and are still there on Earth?

Actually, you're right, all those darts, that outnumbered our ships etc , must be destroyed somehow. But, by the way the members of SGA where just "watching the sunset and the view" i think that all we'll get is just a mention of how they made it.

On the streets of San Francisco, Sheppard, Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon are walking around, bantering and stuff; if you didn't know this was Stargate, you'd think it was just a normal movie about 4 buddies crusing around town.

Then, they enter some shop, get to the back, opens a door, and reveals a transport closet. With it, they are transported back to Atlantis. They then comment on how convenient it has been since they managed to move one of those things out of the city.

What transporter you mean?

Only if it kills mckay! :P I think the best opening would be Mckays' funeral. :D
:beckett03::ronananime25::teyla30::sheppardanime32::samanime24:

And all that time Keller was taking care of him... hmmmmmm :)
I mean.. you can easily forget pain if you know you had such a doctor ....

I agree that they need to get back to Pegasus, though. I mean, there are still people living out there still at the mercy of the Wraith, and whose fault is that...? Yup, 'fraid so.

Sheppard's..................and Larren is still back there to.....

First scene:
I wanted to save screen-time. :D

And then the Asgards appear out of nowhere and they demand to have the city under their control, so that they can take care of the Wraith.

NIMBUS
February 14th, 2009, 11:41 AM
uuu i just had an idea for the atlantis movie... maybe just maybe there is a device somewhere on earth. a device that was set by alterans to turn on in the even of atlantis returning home. a device that should stay offline because it's a comunicator ... with THE FURLINGS :D . and the story could be like this ... long ago ancients told all their allies to 'stay away' because of the plague so when the signal is sent furlings come to say hi to their old buddies but when the delegation arrives they see that we are not ancients and we are messing with their tech and so the trouble starts. they have a bone to pick with us, with us using ancient tech and something else that would expose stargate program :D (i'm not in a mood to think long and hard)....

ye it's off topic...

ps - do you ppl know how funny it would be if mallozzi would decide to screw with us and post the real starting of the movie under another name... :P

IrishPisano
February 14th, 2009, 06:50 PM
no, ABSOLUTELY NO FURLINGS

TPTB for Atlantis have some form of disdain for SG-1.... anytime anyone or anything from SG1 appears on SGA... they b***rdize it... they turned Landry and Hammond into hardazzes... turned Carter into a civilian-esque dope, made her almost appear anti-military..... destroyed the Antarctic chair for no logical reason (as if the IOA would approve of moving the most powerful defense earth has)
etc
etc
etc

i would prefer that TPTB stick with strictly what was introduced in SGA... and finish off the wraith... or the asurans....

i think the furlings at this point should NEVER be revealed in SGA, SG1 or SGU... by now they are like Wolverine's past: so mysterious that no storyline will do them justice...

plus, it is nice to know that not every ancient civilization has survived the eons..... provides a certain............. reality to the SG universe

WraithHumor
February 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
The exact same way that Rising opened, except with Atlantis leaving the pacific ocean instead of Antarctica. The shock wave should be shown across the ocean and then the credits should roll with the classic Atlantis intro we've come to love.

Then the movie should be like 'Present Day' and show Atlantis back on LANTEA, not the other planet =p.

My 2 cents anyway, would save time too and show how Atlantis has come full circle.

Ikaros
February 15th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Yet i'd love to see the Asgards again causing the Atlanteans some trouble.... until they team up and fight the common enemy.

maxbo
February 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
How should the Atlantis Movie open? It should open with Atlantis on its way back to the Pegasus galaxy.

E'lyssa
February 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Zooming out from underwater to up to the top of the Tower. That would be cool, bearing in mind I haven't seen the end of season five yet, so I have no idea where Atlantis is!

TheRandomOne
February 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Replace these characters with SGA characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCLEOA6yPoY

maxbo
February 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Replace these character with SGA characters

TheRandomOne
February 22nd, 2009, 01:22 PM

Wayne = John
Garth = Rodney

& the other two guys = Ronon & Carson

:p

Mike272
February 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
"Previously On Stargate Atlantis..." :)

Ikaros
February 23rd, 2009, 04:08 AM
"Previously On Stargate Atlantis..." :)

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is perfect.

ciannwn
February 24th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Replace these characters with SGA characters

I'd definitely buy the DVD for that. :D

mattyg1987
February 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM
It depends on what the main storyline will be. But my guess is it will open with some kind of prologue like in AOT and Rising or something similar to the long opening shot in Continuum.

Djangosoul
February 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
People driving the car a cross the golden gate bridge, the normal family banter, like are we their yet.

Then we see the kid looking at the window, a pan around and see his mouth wide open, then camera rotates around to the reveal Atlantis decloaked.

Then flash to McKay an Shepperd on the balcony, with McKay reassuring Shepperd the cloak is fully operation, from behind we just hear Zalenka shouting at everyone.

Then suddenly we see the city suffer a majour power black out and then the power switches back but with the city sending out a massive subspace communication burst, which will rich the pegasus galaxy. It contain upgrades to wraith hyperdrive, and everything Atlantis has scanned on planet Earth.
After it sends the signal, Atlantis shuts down again and McKay got no idea on how to turn it back on.
Shepperd goes to ask Todd some questions and when they reach his cell, Sheppard finds it empty and the guards saw nothing.
Roll credits.

This would set up the film for massive invasion from the pegasus galaxy and well a whole trouble on Atlantis and we have the whole reveal of the stargate to. So better the film about 2 and half hours and with a budget of say 20 million or so dollars.

Not a good idea...Think with me: Good guys never lost. The signal call up all the wraiths...In the end all the wraiths are destroyed or stay in the MW...Problems to SG-1 and the main enemy of Atlantis is lost....

Rac80
February 25th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Mckay's funeral would be a fantastic start for me! :D (you know todd got tired of his whining when they were in the lab and ...LUNCH!)

nx01a
February 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Ext. FX: A shot of the Milky Way, followed by Atlantis flying past us towards Pegasus.
Caption: The Pegasus Galaxy. Millions of years ago...

Basically, I want the first 5 minutes or so to be the story of the Ancients' first getting to Pegasus [picking up basically where the intro to 'Rising' left off] and then a jump ahead for a quick overview of the Wraith War.

IrishPisano
February 25th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Space

wormhole opens
flickers
closes
opens again

Atlantis arrives... roughly

pull back

milky way on the left, pegasus on the right

explosion in atlantis

Zelenka: It looks like the wormhole drive is malfunctioning.
McKay: Well maybe you shouldn't have turned it on...
Zelenka: Its the only way we could get to Earth in time.
McKay: Right, because its not like Earth didn't have an Ancient Chair they could have used had someone been thinking like the military man he pretends to be and went and got in it right away just in case Todd decided to surprise us AGAIN... Gee... a ZPM-powered ueber-hive ship is heading to earth, and you don't think to get in the chair immediately upon arrival? now, thanks to you, earth's second greatest piece of technology has been destroyed.
Sheppard: Let's cut the theatrics... where does this leave us?
McKay: Let's see... No wormhole drive anymore. Damaged hyperdrive engines. less than 50% capacity left on 1 ZPM, all others depleted. Several billion light years from home. Several additional billion light years from other home. We can't even risk dialing the gate because we don't know what the damage from the wormhole drive may have done to the gate's ability to establish a wormhole.
Sheppard: Why not?
McKay: Because the gate was tied into the funtionality of the wormhole drive, but I wasn't able to figure out how or why yet and then Pinky over here turned it on and screwed up everything. So where does this leave us? Oh... stranded between galaxies with no functioning hyperdrives, no stargate, very few drones, and half a zpm.

prion
February 26th, 2009, 08:17 AM
want the city of Atlantis off earth - NOW. A 90 minute or 2 hour movie in which even half is spent on earth will be too much time spent on earth, becuase what? politics? visiting the mall?

I didn't like the fact they had this golly-gee-whiz ending at the season finale of SGA. there's a whole galaxy out there in a heap of trouble with wraith, so atlantis should go back there.

so, want the movie beginning with Atlantis on its way back to Pegasus. just not on earth. been there, done that, that's what SG1 is for.

nx01a
February 26th, 2009, 02:16 PM
The city ship of Atlantis really didn't do much for Pegasus while the team was there. There was a galaxy in need of saving for the 2 seasons they've had Asgard plasma beams, but nothing was done about the Wraith 'problem'. Saving the humans in Pegasus was never the primary focus of SGA. In the first season, it was saving Atlantis. It was saving Earth from the Asurans in S3-4. It was saving Teyla and the Athosians in S4-5... They could have been blasting hives out of the skies and outposts off planets but that hasn't happened. The retrovirus has failed, and that was the biggest 'anti-Wraith' move made so far. We don't need Atlantis in Pegasus to go around doing humanitarian relief or blasting the Wraith to smitherines. That's what 304s are for.

Earth was Atlantis' home before it left for Pegasus. It was always meant to get back there, IMO, and it has. If there's a very good reason for them to return to Pegasus, then I'll go with the story. Otherwise, I don't want it moved. Give me 10 minutes of a dang good reason, a few minutes of the city flying and start the action... if we MUST take the city back to Pegasus.

Butlersgate
February 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
with the cloak failing in the middle of san fransisco :D

nx01a
February 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Oh, that would be sweet!

IrishPisano
February 26th, 2009, 05:42 PM
how about teyla and ronon taking sheppard's advice and going out on the town and going to a night club... in san francisco... and then a 5 minute montage of ronon's increasing anxiety at being surrounded by homosexuals....

in order to not offend any of the meek on here, allow me to clarify this
it is ronon's reactions that would be the comedy...
not the gay people...
k?

Mike272
February 28th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is perfect.

Thanks! :cameron:

[For the green too]

leiasky
March 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'd love to see it open with Atlantis returning to Pegasus. It's too powerful to be on earth and I wouldn't want it to remain there - well, unless it was destroyed - and I'm not sure I want to see that either! LOL!

Squinty
March 4th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I think it will open with a prologue as in the other SG movies. Hopefully like this.
Open on a Wraith lab with some shadowed figure working on a subject at a table, on moving in we see the hand of a 'Wraith' hanging off the table, the unnamed scientist turns around to fetch something from another smaller table, turning his back to the subject, the hand twiches, the subject rises to reveal a wraith-human hybrid, much like Michaels lot, only, this ones a Wraith Queen.
I think thats the next logical step, a Queen can then breed more of these hybrids, because thankfully writers have left the wraith reproductive cycle a bit in the shadows. And BOOM, you get a handful of Queen-human hybrids with the mental powers of a Queen and no need to feed on humans.

Infinite-Possibilities
March 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
They would have to go back eventually wouldn't they? Atlantis can't send teams to the Pegasus Galaxy from Earth without having a Midway station or the Daedalus or some other vessel there to pick them up and bring them back.

PG15
March 5th, 2009, 12:12 AM
What transporter you mean?

The Atlantis transporter. I imagine that perhaps they were able to detach some from Atlantis and put them in various places.

If they can do it with ring transporters, then closets shouldn't be that far away.

mikeroq
March 18th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Previously on Stargate Atlantis:

Saquist
March 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
The city ship of Atlantis really didn't do much for Pegasus while the team was there. There was a galaxy in need of saving for the 2 seasons they've had Asgard plasma beams, but nothing was done about the Wraith 'problem'. Saving the humans in Pegasus was never the primary focus of SGA. In the first season, it was saving Atlantis. It was saving Earth from the Asurans in S3-4. It was saving Teyla and the Athosians in S4-5... They could have been blasting hives out of the skies and outposts off planets but that hasn't happened. The retrovirus has failed, and that was the biggest 'anti-Wraith' move made so far. We don't need Atlantis in Pegasus to go around doing humanitarian relief or blasting the Wraith to smitherines. That's what 304s are for.

Earth was Atlantis' home before it left for Pegasus. It was always meant to get back there, IMO, and it has. If there's a very good reason for them to return to Pegasus, then I'll go with the story. Otherwise, I don't want it moved. Give me 10 minutes of a dang good reason, a few minutes of the city flying and start the action... if we MUST take the city back to Pegasus.

I've seen no one acknowledge this.
You've made prudent limitations. I agree. Now that Atlantis is home the mission is over....

I don't think the last episode of the series should have been returning to Earth with the Entire city. Perhaps it should have been the assigning Atlantis the Power and Weapons it's needed...

Bringing the City to full Power should have been a large enough ending in a crisis. Infact giving the city full power and the ability to contruct ships, puddle jumpers and drones would have allowed the City to be the begining of a lasting human presence of superiority in the Pegasus Galaxy.

GoSpikey
March 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
With a fed upon corpse falling at Todd's feet.

That will make a few fangirls happy. :D

Draygon
March 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM

That it would...

Go Todd! :D

Draco-Stellaris
March 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM

That it would...

Go Todd! :D

Definitely! And the movie should end with Todd being still alive! :D

MCH
March 27th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Yeah Todd is back .... seriously can anyone tell me if he can feed like a Wraith or not.

If he can't then he could remain in Atlantis, but if he can ????

MCH

Isolde
March 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah Todd is back .... seriously can anyone tell me if he can feed like a Wraith or not.

If he can't then he could remain in Atlantis, but if he can ????

MCH

I think he can. I feel certain he said the whole sorry business had been reversed when he went after the Iratus bug.

Todd has to be alive... *whimpers*

GoSpikey
March 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM
MCH, Joe has said he's back to normal. Normally there was going to be a scene in EatG where Keller checks him. We were to see his new/old hand in it, but it got cut for time. Perhaps DVDs... :D

wraith queen inga
March 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
It should open in the Pegasus galaxy.

The Travelers (Larrin!!!;)) come to Atlantis to seek help with something... but Atlantis is gone ("Enemy At The Gate")
After Larrin says "Oh Crap..."... we then cut to the events back on Earth. :)

rob-ward
March 28th, 2009, 01:54 AM
It should open in the Pegasus galaxy.

The Travelers (Larrin!!!;)) come to Atlantis to seek help with something... but Atlantis is gone ("Enemy At The Gate")
After Larrin says "Oh Crap..."... we then cut to the events back on Earth. :)

I like this idea, this can give a reason for Atlantis to return, although I have no idea how Atlantis would know that something was wrong but i'm sure the writers can figure something out.

Just a though, if Atlantis is still on earth does that mean that all gate travel will be going to Atlantis instead of the SGC, that's going to be a shock when a team returns.

Although they could have used the trick they did for midway to fix this problem.

Replicator Todd
March 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
It would be interesting if they find a way to use the Atlantis and SGC gates seperately while both are still on Earth.

Opener
March 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
The only thing I want to see in the first five minutes is them mentioning something about McKay and Keller's upcoming wedding. I'd love to see them do the ceremony in the movie.

Maybe we could also see Ronon stopping at a barber shop in San Francisco. I'd love to see what they'd say when he walked through the door.:D

jelgate
March 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
The only thing I want to see in the first five minutes is them mentioning something about McKay and Keller's upcoming wedding. I'd love to see them do the ceremony in the movie.

Maybe we could also see Ronon stopping at a barber shop in San Francisco. I'd love to see what they'd say when he walked through the door.:D

Doesn't that seemed a little rushed? I mean they already rushed the ship in S5 making the ship canon now you want them to rushed the actual relationship into marriage.

kymeric
April 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
How about the atlantis movie starts with a bang. As in a pull out from a stargate on a planet in pegasus out through the atmosphere and in towards the star. Then the sun starts shooting out odd flares then explodes in a huge slow motion flash from the equator. Pull out from the explosion and we see another star explode, and another. Then we get a full view of pegasus and we see star after star exploding across a quarter of the galaxy. And cut to Atlantis floating in Sanfrancisco bay.

You always gotta start with a big HOLY @#$% moment the lets you know something cosmic is going down.

kennythewraith
April 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
so at the end of his blog JM mentioned that he will be talking about the SGA movie in tomorrows blog.hopefully its something new and that will please people.

Alas, it’s late and I’m barely coherent, so tune in to tomorrow when I’ll weigh in on the two Stargate Universe rough cuts we watched today (Air I and II, and Fire), give you the what’s what on the Atlantis movie, and maybe even offer up a new episode title.

wraith queen inga
April 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
How about the atlantis movie starts with a bang. As in a pull out from a stargate on a planet in pegasus out through the atmosphere and in towards the star. Then the sun starts shooting out odd flares then explodes in a huge slow motion flash from the equator. Pull out from the explosion and we see another star explode, and another. Then we get a full view of pegasus and we see star after star exploding across a quarter of the galaxy. And cut to Atlantis floating in Sanfrancisco bay.

You always gotta start with a big HOLY @#$% moment the lets you know something cosmic is going down.

Then Pegasus will get destroyed in the end... and there is no SGA without Pegasus. X_X

kymeric
April 8th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Then Pegasus will get destroyed in the end... and there is no SGA without Pegasus. X_X

Good guys always win, be cool too see a % of a galaxy wiped out on the way tho....