Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasonable in-story explanations for tech-holes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonable in-story explanations for tech-holes.

As we all know this episode presented itself with numerous technological oddities, such as the super Hive's hyperdrive being one of the fastest drive's ever seen, despite the fact that common Wraith hyperdrives are one of the slowest. And since none of us really want the writers to change 10 years of SG-1 facts and 5 years of Atlantis facts, such as the Atlantis shield being inpenetrable, based on this one episode. I thought it might be prudent to think of ways these oddities could be exmplained within the Stargate reality. Here's how I think some these oddities could be explained:

Chair: It would be fairly safe to assume that only the chair and not the drones, were relocated to Area 51. Which means that the chair could simply be replaced with any of the other chairs SG-1 and Atlantis have discoverd, meaning Proclarush Taonas, The Tower and Aurora-Class Warships, such as Tria.
    Super Hive's super defences: Basic math. What does and Asgard beam weapons, Ori beam weapons, Wraith energy weapons and Drones have incommon? All of them attempt to destroy the enemy vessel by "drilling a hole" in the hull. Basicly thats all there is to it. An Asgard beam when fired against the super Hive drilled a small hole in the hull, but the hull was either too dense or too thick to allow the beam to penetrate, and since Hive's are one of the largest ships ever seen, the hull could litteraly be over 100 meters thick. And since Asgard beams fire only short bursts unlike the satelite weapon of the Asuran's, it wasn't able to make a hole deep enough to reach the internal systems. Whoever even monkeys can add! If one beam makes a hole too shallow to cause damage, two beams, and a nuke aimed at the some spot would be the logical tactic when fighting the Super Hive. Same can be said about the Drones. Carson should have aimed all the Drones to the same spot, thus allowing each drone to penetrate deeper than the last.
    Carsons C.I.A: Since this Carson was artificially created by Micheal and since Micheal managed to give himself the ATA gene and since the only person with the ATA gene he had to study was Carson, it can be assumed that he artificially strengthened Carson's ATA gene, thus exmplaining why Sheppard with #1 C.I.A could power the chair simply by sitting on it, and why Carson #2 had to concenrate real hard just to stop a roque drone. They were two different people, the real Carson and the Clone.
    Atlantis shield: The only reason why a shield capable of sustaing continued bombardment from dozens of hive ships for years, but would almost fail in less than five minutes, is that when entering the wormhole created by the wormhole drive the shield had to be powered well beyond 100%, perhaps even beyond 200%, and thus the emitters were already over taxed when Atlantis engaged the Super Hive. The same thing happend in First Contact.

mmm reasonable I guess
    Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Oh I got one as well, people have been saying how the hell did that hive get so powerful with a ZPM. Atlantis needs a lot of power just to take off an a hive is a lot bigger than Atlantis so should need more power.

What I got is that organic technology does not require as much energy.
      As for the take off, well maybe the hive took off as a normal hive and then just grew in space (as we seen) and there was never any intent to land it.

Comment

I like them, they should of made EatG a 2-parter to explain all these things themselves.

Originally posted by SupremeCommanderSora View Post
        Oh I got one as well, people have been saying how the hell did that hive get so powerful with a ZPM. Atlantis needs a lot of power just to take off an a hive is a lot bigger than Atlantis so should need more power.

What I got is that organic technology does not require as much energy.
        As for the take off, well maybe the hive took off as a normal hive and then just grew in space (as we seen) and there was never any intent to land it.
        did you say the hive is alot bigger than atlantis? if so then im pretty sure atlantis is bigger? the organic nature of a hive means that they need the same amount of power, as McKay said the problem with wraith tech is insufficient power generation. So as this ship could get enough power it worked perfectly.

Comment

Plus where was it said the hive only had one ZPM? I thought Todd implied they had collected more than 1 from Asuras and thus the hive had more than 1.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
          X