• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's Our You (510)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    HE'S OUR YOU
    EPISODE NUMBER - 510

Sayid is pressured by the Dharma Initiative to tell the truth about who he is and what he was doing in the jungle, putting the lives of the former Oceanic passengers in jeopardy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 26 March 2009, 05:30 PM.

That was an amazing episode. I love Lost!

To start with, I am glad we got a little more back story about Sayid and how he got arrested. It was pretty clear to me that he definitely did not want to go back to the Island, but like so many men before him, he got snookered by a beautiful woman.

Next, Kate and Juliet. They sure manipulated their conversation in last week's previews to make it look like they got into some kind of catfight! I cannot express how happy I am that it did not go down that way in the episode. I have to say, though, I am not impressed with Kate. I think they're trying to imply that she came back for Sawyer, but she slept with Jack the night before they got on the plane? Classy. Time to grow up.

Last, Sayid shot Ben! I was in shock. I didn't think it would work! I figure, the Island must save him somehow, which gives him that God complex and mandate to lead the Others. Poor Sayid created the Ben we know today. He's going to be rather upset when he figures that out.

Ok, thanks to time shifting it's going to be on again, so time to rewatch!
    sigpic

Comment

Very cool episode.
      Syid shot ben, someone had to do it, and he did it good. Straight through the heart. It was cool how he took jin down.

Nothing else really happen in the, bit of a slow one. Glad we learnt how syid got to the island, ben hired a bounty hunter to drag him there. He deserve that bullet.
      So no answer on where Faraday is
      Thought the truth drug scene was good. Th chicken thing at the beginning showing him that he was always a killer, he got a brother now I do not think we knew that before.

Comment

Sawyer to Jack: No burning buses for three years, you're back for one day!

lol.

Great episode, and it's about time we had us some Sayid this season. He was very amusing in his drugged up state.

I'm also really glad we didn't get a Juliet/Kate cat fight. I honestly don't think it's in Juliet's character anyway and judging by her words to Sawyer, I think she'd actually step aside if that's what he wanted.

Sayid: How did you find me?
        Ben: I looked.

Little Ben is just as creepy as his older self lol.

I'd already gleaned from a few spoilers that Sayid might go after little Ben. Still shocking to see him actually shoot him though. But given that "whatever happened, happened", I don't think it's fatal, but boy is Ben going to hold a grudge!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Sawyer to Jack: No burning buses for three years, you're back for one day!
          I loved that line, and pretty much everything Hurley said int he episode. I wonder who's bright idea it was to make Hurley a cook...

It'll be interesting to see how little Ben survives.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

little ben will see his only friend shooting him as the ultimate betrayal and it will likely be what made him into the sociopath we know now. trust no one, care for no one, just use them to get what you need
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

u think little ben thought of sayid as a friend? i dont think so. great episode so far. but i miss locke and daniel.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think Little Ben thought Said was his friend- I think he was just hoping that Richard had sent him to come get him. Or, at the very least, because he was dumb enough to get caught, that he could be used to get to the Others now rather than later.

I also don't think that the bounty hunter was hired by Ben. It's possible that Ben tipped off said bounty hunter though, in order to get him on the plane.

Hopefully next week explains how Hurley got on the plane. I bet that's a "Holy cow!" moment.
                sigpic

Comment

Another great episode. Glad they filled out another of the 'back to the island' backstories. Now we just need to find out how Hurley got out of prison and onto the plane. Oh, and how Ben ended up with a broken arm and his face smashed in.

I could see the episode building up to Sayid shooting Ben (although I didn't expect him to actually pull the trigger), partially from Ben's knowing comments about how being a killer is a part of him. This all puts Sayid's interactions with 'Henry Gale' in a new light, I would say.

I can see an interesting plot line forming on the horizon too... the destruction of the Dharma Initiative must be just around the corner now (assuming for a moment that the timeline remains unchanged and that Sayid shooting Ben was SUPPOSED to happen). This makes me wonder not only how our heroes will escape (I suspect Sun's involvement), but also, and perhaps more more interestingly, how baby Ethan ends up with the Others, since I'm pretty sure everyone except Ben ends up dead.

Comment

Review: Lost 5.10: "He's Our You"

Overall, this episode returned to the original format of the series with the requisite fifth season twist, focusing on a character whose actions in the future informed his psychological state in the past. As complex as that sounds, the story was actually quite straightforward. The writers have continued to deliver with yet another strong entry for the season!

Comment

this show just continues to impress me with it's writing. i think out of all these years, i have yet to see a poorly written ep.

but that ending... wow. like others have said, we could see sayid coming to the conclussion of killing ben... but we also saw him show compassion towards ben when his father was abusive towards him (and prob let sayid see part of why ben turned out the way he did)... but to see sayid murder a child was very shocking. and i loved sayid's reaction to it. yeah, just another wonderful entry of great writing, directing, and acting.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        this show just continues to impress me with it's writing. i think out of all these years, i have yet to see a poorly written ep.

but that ending... wow. like others have said, we could see sayid coming to the conclussion of killing ben... but we also saw him show compassion towards ben when his father was abusive towards him (and prob let sayid see part of why ben turned out the way he did)... but to see sayid murder a child was very shocking. and i loved sayid's reaction to it. yeah, just another wonderful entry of great writing, directing, and acting.
                        Agree to this. Lost from memory have may be one or two substandard episode in season 3, by that sub by lost standard, when compared to other programs they were alright. Even those two episodes were produce before the writers demanded a end date for the series and a contract for the rest of the series.

Comment

I think Horace states a few seasons back he was dead for 12 years as of 2004, meaning the purge is still 15 years away, not exactly right around the corner. Obviously the island will keep Ben alive and it doesnt seem there is much else to speculate.

For the first time in the show I was afraid for Sayid, "Hes our you" has got to be one of the creepiest lines yet.
                          When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

does anyone think sayid has broken the timeline? i mean, that he's thrown everything out and now no one will *know* what's going to happen? what if ben stays dead? maybe nothing will play out the way it was supposed to be...
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              does anyone think sayid has broken the timeline? i mean, that he's thrown everything out and now no one will *know* what's going to happen? what if ben stays dead? maybe nothing will play out the way it was supposed to be...
                              That would be one hell of story twist. But nah he going to rise from the grave get his revenge Syid eventually, and then someone will get his or her revenge on ben.

Then again this could happen and this is what convince Faraday that he can save his girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                              X