• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LaFleur (508)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    LAFLEUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 508

Sawyer, Juliet and the others must lie in order to integrate themselves into the Dharma Initiative, while nearly causing a new conflict between Dharma and the Others.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 26 March 2009, 05:30 PM.

I think that there should be a LAW prohibiting time travel where the persons invovled gain knowledge concerning people, places and events that they had prior interaction with. But at the same time I would have like it if what's his name had told Richard that there'd will come a day when they won't have to worry about Dharma.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

this episode was AWESOME.

4 toed statue = anubis.

Comment

Spoiler:

screencap of statue. look at what he is holding in his hands.

same as the necklace from amy's husband that was killed (the chick that horace got preggers)

OMG HORACE (horus)

lolz.

clearly the goa'uld are responsible for the island.

clearly alpert doesn't age because he has a sarcophagus

Comment

I am really interested in this
          Spoiler:
          statue, it has to be the 4 toed one of course, it looks like something from ancient Egypt. Richard who doesn't appear to age looks Egyptian. Also it appears that it is holding an onch (misspelled) the same thing that Paul was wearing around his neck when he died. I also wonder what Hourace's sons name is?
          These episodes are not long enough, there needs to be a book or something or the writers better start tieing up these loose ends before this show is over. They need to explain why richard doesn't age, why there are not births on the island after the 70's, who Jacob is, where did the others come from, why did Rousoes group go crazy, what is the smoke thing, what is the statue about, where did the temple go? I think I might make a thread for those questions

Comment

I too thought the statue was very Egyptian in design. Maybe Richard is an ancient Egyptian?

Very interesting episode. I bet a lot of Sawyer/Kate people had a meltdown, though. LOL Aside from that, it caught us up on most things with the Island Losties. They kept busy with 1974-1977 Dharma people, except for Daniel, I think. It seems to me he ran away.

I'm hoping it doesn't become too much about Sawyer's feelings for Kate!
            sigpic

Comment

i liked this episode. i felt a bit disappointed, though, because i do NOT want them stuck in the past (would 'you' want to be stuck in the past? ). but anyways, it was interesting to see how things went for the gang.

i especially liked sawyer being more a leader and him and juliet hooking up.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                Spoiler:

screencap of statue. look at what he is holding in his hands.

same as the necklace from amy's husband that was killed (the chick that horace got preggers)

OMG HORACE (horus)

lolz.

clearly the goa'uld are responsible for the island.

clearly alpert doesn't age because he has a sarcophagus
                Are they facing the statue from the back? looks like it.

Since the time shifts have stopped, I'm not sure if we will get any more answers to the statue question... i'm hoping we do though.

Comment

the smoke monster = half ascended anubis

the gua'uld have found the island........it fits

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i liked this episode. i felt a bit disappointed, though, because i do NOT want them stuck in the past (would 'you' want to be stuck in the past? ). but anyways, it was interesting to see how things went for the gang.

i especially liked sawyer being more a leader and him and juliet hooking up.
                    I think that somehow they will get back to the future, though. Somehow, eventually.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to know what happened to the other survivors that were at the beach.

Rose/barnard, ect.

They were skipping through time with the others, so we should get some answer in the up coming episodes.

Sawyer has now been on the island for over 3 years... that means the other survivors have been there for over 3 years too... but where? and doing what?

Comment

I'm not a shipper, but when I saw that look Sawyer gave Kate at the end I was just thinking nooooo don't do it lad, Kate is mind-**** personified and Juliet is just perfection. I hope they don't continue the love triangle, it's becoming torture.

Comment

I'm inclined to think that Jacob is actually an alien and that the statue indicates that he (and/or his kind) were responsible for the pyramids of Egypt and the technological advances there that no one can explain. If that's the case, I would theorize that something they did caused or effected the electromagnetic pockets around the Earth and the one on the island. Could it be that the island is actually Atlantis? Hence the title 'Lost' and the funky things going on the island.

The Ankh is the symbol of eternal life which would suggest that perhaps the island is the 'Fountain of Youth' were if you stay on the island, you obviously don't age - hence the potential for Richard to be very, very old.
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

you don't age, but apparently you can't live

What if this ends up being the Lost Island of Atlantis

that, to protect it from a volcano or something, they zipped it through time and hide it in the timeline, and it got lost and out of control

And some want control of it. Imagine how things would change if, say, you went back to the 80's and bought some apple or microsoft stock?

Dharma may be there to study the past....esoteric things like 'let's go back to the 1800's, go and witness the gettysburg address, see what really happened, then bring that knowledge back to the island or leave it somewhere to 'fix' the questions in history...but others have more basic desires, money, money, money and power

and there ended up being a civil war of a sort, them fighting over how to handle the island and they ended up killing themselves. Leaving the island lost and unattended. Except for a couple of people like Richard, survivors of the original island, that want it back but lack some bit of control or power to master it, so they have to manipulate others to their wishes
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That was a very confusing episode. It was interesting to see the statue, and now we know how it got knocked down as well (Earthquake during the shift that filled the well).

But doesn't this mean that they have changed time? The well now is filled and its in the 1970's. So there is no well in the future for Locke to go down to set the wheel right.

Does this mean they are now in an alternate universe or something? We know the ultimate fate of the Dharma group, so can that change and how will Alpert and the Others feel about that?

And we know that they were shifting through time since they were alive, maybe their brainwaves were shifted slightly due to exposure to the island and this allowed them to move with it. But if prolonged exposure meant you could shift, wouldn't Richard and the Others shift as well? Maybe not, who knows.

Good catch on the symbol on Paul and the statue. But why would Richard want his body? There is more going on than we know.

And finally, WHERE ARE THE CHILDREN FROM THE FLIGHT???? They all went to the Temple with the Others and have not been heard from for a whole season, did the writers really kill off kids and not tell us?

Comment

Working...
                              X