• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Place Is Death (505)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    THIS PLACE IS DEATH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 505

Jin joins Rousseau's team in the past to find the radio tower, only to find himself flashing forward in time. In Los Angeles, Sun confronts Ben -- who offers proof that Jin is still alive. Locke puts himself at great risk to reach the Orchid station.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 11 February 2009, 07:21 PM.

Lost just ninja'd my brain!

Side Note: First

Comment

You know, when people tell other people to track down or say hi to their family members right before a flash, they should really start with that person's name instead of stating their relationship to that person because it never works.

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
        You know, when people tell other people to track down or say hi to their family members right before a flash, they should really start with that person's name instead of stating their relationship to that person because it never works.
        True. LOL Although I wonder if when Locke came to visit Jack before Jack went nuts he saw a pic of Christian somewhere in Jack's house or office or some such place and said something to Jack?

Great episode, though! It's interesting Ma Faraday was satisfied with the number of Losties that she got from Ben, though. It sort of takes away from the whole urgency in the "we need everyone" thing. Of course, I'm sure that once they get started doing whatever they do, somehow the others will be drawn to them.

The other bit that I thought was interesting was when Sun told Ji Yeon that she had met a new friend. I'm wondering if she's thinking that Kate will come with her to Korea to escape the maternity test.

Overall, very good! Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
        sigpic

Comment

So now we know for sure what the sickness is and where it is contracted, is it fair to assume that Claire and the red shirts that joined the others were also infected at the Temple?

Also, when Smokey dragged whats-his-face into the Temple he seemed to be still alive. Could it be that the purpose of Smokey is to bring people to there to be infected/reconditioned/brainwashed? Are people we've seen taken by Smokey still alive? Interesting...

Another great episode.

Comment

The reveal that Hawkings is Faraday's mother didn't really have much of an impact considering just about everybody had guessed it already.

Spoiler:
            I thought the most surprising part was seeing the wheel "skipping" like a record when Locke found it. It would be nice to see what's behind that thing.

I think Charlotte telling Daniel about him visiting her when she was a kid is what compels him to sneak into the Dharma construction site at the Orchid.

Desmond's finally back! And it's about time.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

has anyone been able to or tried to change time?

such as, let's say a hop takes you back to the time of the crash, then you take everyone forward to when they're rescued and avoid all the life taking moments in between....in other words can people like charlie etc, be brought back to live by 'skipping' over the time periods where they died?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                has anyone been able to or tried to change time?

such as, let's say a hop takes you back to the time of the crash, then you take everyone forward to when they're rescued and avoid all the life taking moments in between....in other words can people like charlie etc, be brought back to live by 'skipping' over the time periods where they died?
                According to Faraday they can't change time and even if they tried they'd fail. They kinda proved that last night when Charlotte told him about being raised in the Dharma Initiative.

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                She said he told her mom they had to leave and never come back or they'd die... and then she died.

Apparently Desmond is the acception to the rule because of his future visions/time traveling consciousness.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

This episode was mindblowing!

I had so many moments of just going "eh?" followed by "whoa"

Interesting little note - In Exodus part 1, Danielle tells everyone that she and her team entered the dark territory where her team got sick, and Montand lost his arm.

Lost is definitely in the details because it seemed so random back then (and this was season one we're talking about) and now we've actually seen Montand lose his arm! That was a "whoa" moment.

I don't think they can change their fate, as has been said above, Charlotte pretty much fulfilled what Daniel said she would. Whatever Ben did, he did it wrong... and this could be totally niggly or else very important... but Locke pushed the wheel in the total opposite direction to Ben. Just sayin'

Also, the flashes seem to be coming fast and furious now. Instead of an annoyance, they actually seem painful. Surely we can't live out the rest of the season with the island jumping every 5 seconds? We'd never get any character moments that way and I think I'd start getting annoyed if it was all run and jump. Perhaps what Locke does slows down the jumps at least?

I love Ben. I mean I know he's an evil murderer and what not but they just give him the best lines ever. "I didn't account for traffic".

Sawyer and Jin were too cute with the whole male bonding thing.

Anyway great episode. More please.

Also quick question: Do we need spoiler tags for this episode at all here? Given the title, I didn't think we did?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    I don't think they can change their fate, as has been said above, Charlotte pretty much fulfilled what Daniel said she would. Whatever Ben did, he did it wrong... and this could be totally niggly or else very important... but Locke pushed the wheel in the total opposite direction to Ben. Just sayin'
                    I noticed that but I don't know if it means anything or not.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    Also, the flashes seem to be coming fast and furious now. Instead of an annoyance, they actually seem painful. Surely we can't live out the rest of the season with the island jumping every 5 seconds? We'd never get any character moments that way and I think I'd start getting annoyed if it was all run and jump. Perhaps what Locke does slows down the jumps at least?
                    I've got a feeling they're either gonna get back to the island either during the next episode or near the end of the episode.

Comment

I think the jumping speed increase the nearer they got to the orchid. If they move away from the orchid the jumping should slow down. I am surprise Faraday would not of thought that.

Overall very good episode. Sun should pulled the trigger.

What people said about smokey is an interesting theory they he takes them to the temple to be recondition. I was hoping we get to see more of rosou and her group

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        I think the jumping speed increase the nearer they got to the orchid. If they move away from the orchid the jumping should slow down. I am surprise Faraday would not of thought that.

Overall very good episode. Sun should pulled the trigger.

What people said about smokey is an interesting theory they he takes them to the temple to be recondition. I was hoping we get to see more of rosou and her group

when Ben left the island using the wheel, he hew exactly where he was going and grabbed cold weather clothing... Locke hasn't a clue where he is going...
                        how did Ben steer his travel location?
                        My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          Smokey didn't pull them all into the temple (if that even was the temple) He just pulled the first guy and the rest followed.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                            when Ben left the island using the wheel, he hew exactly where he was going and grabbed cold weather clothing... Locke hasn't a clue where he is going...
                            I think it was more that Ben took the arctic gear because it was that cold in the wheel's cavern. It's possible Ben knew his destination, but Ben landed in the middle of the desert. He's wearing that exact same coat when he suddenly appears - and I'm sorry I can't remember the episode title - in the episode where he recruits Sayid after Nadia is killed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                              I thought he just grabbed the jacket because it was so cold at the actual wheel. It was covered in ice the first time we saw it. And besides, it sent him to a desert.

It was kinda weird that the wheel "room" looked a little different when Locke was there. Maybe it's just because it's been set in motion.

Comment

Working...
                              X